When can we get WASD/arrow keys for movement?

General Discussion
My sons play both console versions and I have to say the PC is at a decided disadvantage for movement using the same mouse controls that control our primary and secondary attacks. We need a way to move our characters away from dying molten mobs or from insane arcane mobs in narrow passages. When the console players decide to bug out they move immediately. Not so on the PC version. Out of fairness to the PC players this should be fixed. Also, I know you have heard this before but bounties/rifts should not reset with a disconnect. This should be an optional choice for the player to reset or continue from previous spot.
Well, this isn't a WASD game, since we have infinitely adjustable movement in a 360° circle.

Bind one of those keys to your secondary binding for Move, and the problem is solved. I use S, because my skill keys are bound to A, D, X, and C.

F is health potion, G is banner, V is Follower menu, Z is world map...

Q is quests, W is skills, E is inventory, but don't rebind the Spacebar, or you won't be able to stop most NPCs from telling you their tales, over and over...
honestly i'd quit diablo if they made wasd as the default for moving. i tried wow because a friend was playing and that was one of the things i hated most about wow (and the cartoony feel). made me love diablo that much more, and that was about 11 years into d2.. lol no way should this ever happen.
11/13/2014 09:50 PMPosted by OldPro
Well, this isn't a WASD game, since we have infinitely adjustable movement in a 360° circle.

Bind one of those keys to your secondary binding for Move, and the problem is solved. I use S, because my skill keys are bound to A, D, X, and C.

Q is quests, W is skills, E is inventory, but don't rebind the Spacebar, or you won't be able to stop most NPCs from telling you their tales, over and over...

What would be WRONG with adding WASD movement?

I find it kind of funny that console controllers actually have a tactical advantage over mouse and keyboard: Two 360-degree adjustable controls instead of just one.
I requested this a long time ago, but people trolled my thread and told me to switch to console instead.
11/13/2014 09:50 PMPosted by OldPro

u can bind any key to closing the conversations, look for the command called "close all open windows" under key bindings and bind away!

i wouldn't mind a WASD scheme to control the game as long as it is another option and not a replacement to the current system.
Map the middle mouse scrolling button to free move. Also have one on the keyboard if you play hardcore.
11/13/2014 10:26 PMPosted by Zoratsu
u can bind any key to closing the conversations, look for the command called "close all open windows" under key bindings and bind away!

Yeah, that doesn't work for NPC conversations. You rebind spacebar, you lose that. At least that's the way it was in 1.0.8.
Lock 'Force Move' to the space bar. Done.
11/14/2014 12:50 AMPosted by BurningRope

E for me but to each their own. :)
11/14/2014 01:13 AMPosted by DapperDab
11/14/2014 12:50 AMPosted by BurningRope

E for me but to each their own. :)

Spacebar is wider. Wider is better.

HA!!!!!

I win again.
11/13/2014 10:07 PMPosted by EPiCSMoKE
honestly i'd quit diablo if they made wasd as the default for moving. i tried wow because a friend was playing and that was one of the things i hated most about wow (and the cartoony feel). made me love diablo that much more, and that was about 11 years into d2.. lol no way should this ever happen.

Lol in the Wow community wasd users are called clickers. All of us love them because they are sitting ducks in Pvp. Nobody is forced to use wasd in WoW. Well unless your not up to the task of changing.

I wonder if the op realizes that Blizzard had to put phase into mob movement just to accommodate the controller moving feature. The mobs move slower and are spaced out more.
Too bad you can't do this anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfpfP8Pknwc
I don't see why they don't have both wasd and mouse movement options between the two instead of having just one or the other it would make things a lot easier for some people.
i use W to force move and space bar to force stand still when playin my dh, when someone told me they dont use force me and moved with the mouse i was like how can you even play. i use the keybindings XCQE since they are closest keys next to my forcemove.
Clickers in the wow community are meant for people CLICKING skills and dont use keybinds/macros. You still use wad to move and strafe while holding right click.

If you use S at all in wow your n00b

And yea, consoles have a disadvantage for being consoles. You can bind click to move.
If D4 development pick First Person direction, yes we will use WASD keys ^^. Remember when I was playing "Hell-gate London" ........
Please accept the game as it is, if not move on, there is tons of games waiting for you.
02/17/2018 09:17 PMPosted by DJSuki
Please accept the game as it is, if not move on, there is tons of games waiting for you.
this is an old post on an even older game. People either like it and play it, or they've moved on.