Patch 2.1.2 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
1 2 3 49 Next
Hail, brave heroes of Sanctuary, and welcome to the Patch 2.1.2 PTR!

This upcoming patch features a variety of quality of life and balance changes for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. For more information on the full scope of Patch 2.1.2, please check out our latest PTR patch notes here.

As this PTR will be relatively short and last only a few weeks, we want to make the most of your testing efforts. While we welcome any and all feedback, we are currently looking for focused discussions on the following topics:

List updated December 10.

• Changes to the Embodiment of the Marauder set
    • Philosophy Note: The following changes are not intended to be a nerf to Demon Hunters or the Embodiment of the Marauder set and additional tuning may be necessary
    • Has been redesigned:
      • (2) Set Bonus
        • Companion calls all companion types to your side

• (4) Set Bonus
          • Sentries now cast your Hatred spenders every time you do

• (6) Set Bonus
          • Your generators, Chakram, Cluster Arrow, Elemental Arrow, Impale, and Multishot deal 100% for every Sentry you have active

• Changes to the Monkey King's Garb set
    • Philosophy Note: With only some minor adjustments to supporting gear, build, and playstyle, Monks with four pieces of the updated Monkey King’s Garb should be able to match or even exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level. With a complete optimization of the new Set bonuses, Monks should easily (or at least reliably) exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level.
    • Has been redesigned:
      • (2) Set Bonus
        • Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% weapon damage
        • Decoy explosion now deals the damage type of your highest +% Elemental Damage

• (4) Set Bonus
        • When your decoys explode, you gain a buff that increases the damage of Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light by 500% for 3 seconds

• Changes to the Legacy of Raekor set
      • Has been redesigned:
        • (2) Set Bonus
          • The first enemy hit by Furious Charge takes 100% additional damage

• (4) Set Bonus
            • Furious Charge gains the effect of every rune

• (5) Set Bonus
            • Enemies hit by Furious Charge take 3000% weapon damage over 3 seconds
            • Note: This DoT cannot crit, your Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage will be calculated into its damage

• New Seasonal Conquests
    • Season 2 Conquests have been added
      • Boss Mode/Worlds Apart
        • Kill the following bosses at max level on Torment VI within 20 minutes of the start of the game in Seasonal/Hardcore Seasonal:
          • Skeleton King
          • Queen Aranea
          • The Butcher
          • Maghda
          • Zoltun Kulle
          • Belial
          • Ghom
          • Siegebreaker Assault Beast
          • Cydaea
          • Azmodan
          • Rakanoth
          • Izual
          • Diablo
          • Urzael
          • Adria
          • Malthael

With that said, thank you to all our PTR participants. Your feedback is appreciated and continues to be integral to our design and iteration process. Happy testing!

Please Note: In order to facilitate focused feedback, posts in this thread that are not relevant to the topics listed above will be deleted. Please create a new thread for your concerns if they are outside the above topics. Thank you!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Previous Topics

While we are not currently actively looking for feedback on these topics, this thread contains feedback about the previous changes.

• Monster distribution in Greater and Nephalem Rifts
    • Nephalem Rifts
      • Monster density has been increased in several Greater and Nephalem Rifts

• Rift Guardian Tuning
    • The following Rift Guardians have received several changes. As a result, they should be less frustrating, but still dangerous.
      • Bloodmaw
        • Bloodmaw presented an unchallenging and unfair fight due to a combination of one-shot damaging abilities, stuns, and AoE damage. His Leap attack has been modified to address these concerns, but will trigger more often to make the fight feel more dynamic.
      • Erethon
        • Erethon has received minor changes to his dash attack. The AoE element has been replaced with a ranged attack to give more challenge to ranged characters.
      • Rime
        • Rime was an unfair opponent for melee players. The fight has been restructured so that this AoE can no longer overlap and the duration of each has been reduced. In addition, his ranged attack should be more threatening to ranged characters.

• New Seasonal Conquests
    • Season 2 Conquests have been added
      • Divinity/Lionhearted
        • Reach Greater Rift Level 35 in Seasonal/Hardcore Seasonal.
      • Avarice/Avaritia
        • Complete a 50,000,000 gold streak while outside of The Vault and The Inner Sanctum in Seasonal/Hardcore Seasonal
      • Speed Demon/Need For Speed
        • Complete a Nephalem Rift at max level on Torment VI within 2 minutes in Seasonal/Hardcore Seasonal.
      • Language/Deadly Language
        • Complete the following Lore Book achievements in Seasonal/Hardcore Seasonal
          • Khanduras Corrupted
          • Legends of the Fall
          • Khanduras Expert
          • Tristram Biologist
          • Denizens of the Desert
          • The Sands of Time
          • Caldeum Historian
          • Caldeum Ecologist
          • For Those About to Die
          • Ale Drinkers and Hellraisers
          • Bastion's Professor
          • Bastion's Keep Preservationist
          • Soldiers of Heaven
          • Heaven Can't Wait
          • Heaven's Chronicler
          • Heaven's Zoologist
          • City of Death
          • The West Marches On
          • Pandemonium Tour Guide
          • Westmarch Cryptozoologist
    Changes to the Embodiment of the Marauder set

Excellent change to this set! The biggest downside is resource management, so perhaps a complimentary legendary would work well. Perhaps something to reduce the cost of Cluster Arrow, similar to http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/incense-torch-of-the-grand-temple

11/18/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Nevalistis
    Monster distribution in Greater and Nephalem Rifts

This seems like it is much better as well. It probably was a combination of all the changes, but with my DH I previously could do Grifts at about 32, tonight I was able to do 42 (an ancient weapon was a big part of that as well).

All in all, so far so good!
    * Found Two Pylons (Speed + Conduit) stacked on top of each other in Greater Rift. I couldn't tell there were two of them until clicked. Spawned in "Halls of Agony" Tile set. Not sure if intentional

** Some of the new variations of map introduced seems to have mobs spawn in the entrance. I found a "spider cavern level" in a rift and it spawned mobs right in front of the entrance.

*** Speed pylon damage tick frequency has a awesome sound effect and feel to it, but if you accidentally sit on reflect damage, it seems to do damage that equals old 0.1s-internal-cooldown-electrified. Though i am not against pylons that comes with some disadvantages, this particular case may be too punishing in terms of damage with little time to respond. Development team might want to consider lowering tick frequency in favour of higher damage or other tuning methods.

• (4) Set Bonus
  • [ul]
  • Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 5000% more damage from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds

• I'm pretty sure you mean 500%
    These are my impressions after a run of greater rifts going through 38-44 in hardcore on my seasonal crusader running condemn vacuum.

1- With condemn vacuum in an open map, there was a lot of lag with monsters filling the entire screen.

2- Champions felt pointless to kill with the insane trash density.

3- With conduit shrines being so common, I managed to get through 42,43,44 with a pylon kill with several minutes left to the rift, yet I'm getting keys lvl 41 from trials.

4- While I didn't get to experience how this feels with a new character, with a pretty well geared one (tier 39 hardcore on live) it just felt like the progression wasn't there going through 38-44.

5- Anarch and winged assasins rifts seems to still exist and the one I had was the only rift I felt in danger.

6- Transitions between rift levels were very long even with an SSD, I lost taeguk stacks often because of it.
    11/18/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Lumin

• (4) Set Bonus
  • [ul]
  • Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 5000% more damage from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds

• I'm pretty sure you mean 500%

I just got off to check....yup 500% and NOT 5000%

Its a nerf...and I Don't like it.
    Marauder's set is no longer the Marauder's set. I can't even begin to explain how upset I will be if these changes remain the same. Take away my Marauder's set, and I'm quitting the game. I'm sure a lot of people are going to feel the same. Big mistake.
    agreed!
    Dont mess with thing that currently work...
    11/18/2014 08:30 PMPosted by KalistaStorm
    Marauder's set is no longer the Marauder's set. I can't even begin to explain how upset I will be if these changes remain the same. Take away my Marauder's set, and I'm quitting the game. I'm sure a lot of people are going to feel the same. Big mistake.
    lol the new M6 set is way better. you do so much more dmg and u can still hide behind a wall to do dmg. U just have to click ur spender now. This is in no way a nerf
    do breakpoints even matter for the new change to the M6 set?
    11/18/2014 08:49 PMPosted by JTMaian
    lol the new M6 set is way better. you do so much more dmg and u can still hide behind a wall to do dmg. U just have to click ur spender now. This is in no way a nerf

Total nerf. 10 days ago they promised they wouldn't do it. What a waste of money for blizzcon tickets when everything they said was BS. And to think I was actually looking forward to 2.1.2. What a big disappointment.
    11/18/2014 08:49 PMPosted by JTMaian

well I was using 4 pieces marauder & didn't use sentries so losing 500 dex is a huge nerf for me & I'm sure I'm not the only one
    Changes to the Marauder set

Significant step from M6 "tower defence" to interactive gameplay. Less lazy DH - more fun with sentries.
    And Kridershot going to be more popular. =) Dmg output looks relevant for such changes.

Changes to the Monkey King's set

With RCR items/buffs/passives looks promising, even for support tasks. Fire monks go ahead!
    PTR First impressions:

M6 Set - I know people will be upset, but actually, it's funner to play! No more set it and forget it type of play. It feels awesome to drop 3 sentries all at once (cool down removed and uses charges - like Monk's Dashing Strike) then spam your spenders . It actually feels like you're doing something. It involves you more. I used the lightning sentry, the one that pierces, and it's very effective, especially at 4.15 those things still melt monsters. It's not the 100%hatred spending damage uptime, but oddly enough, you'll see more people actually doing things rather than dropping sentries and leaving the area. As a monk main that used to bug the heck out of me since I'm mashing my keyboard and DH's are sitting there behind a corner (they can still do that, but at least they have to spend hatred).

You can stop Helltrapper farming now. You can't spawn more than the skill. Once you set 3 sentries with Custom engineering, that's it. 5 with Bomb sack. Helltrapper won't proc more, just caltrops and spike traps.

SWK Set - Another change I know people will be upset about because damage spirit spenders interrupt spirit generation. True, but how logical was it that your mantra spam was killing a monster? I like that the clone is not limited to holy. You can build other elements with this. I made a fire Monk with GNK spirit stone. Spam that Lashing tail kick feels so much funner than spamming mantra and sweeping wind (mashing the 1 & 2 buttons). It feels funner to play and hurts less. I do feel the clones don't do enough damage. 1000% seems a lot, but when we got used to the 3500% clones the difference is very noticeable.

(4) Set Bonus
    Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 5000% more damage from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds

I'm not feeling the 5000%. If that were the case then the tail end of Elites and RG's health should be getting chunks of life ripped out. The patch notes say 500%. Feels like 500%.

Also, since you're using spirit generators being used half as much as what they used to, you're not going to proc Flying Dragon as much. I swapped out the FD and used the Sheng Long Fists and they seem to do a lot of damage with the addition of more spirit regen (plus the fireball is a bonus).

I think both sets are now funner to play. The M6 is still very much ahead of the SWK set. SWK does not do nearly as much damage as M6. Helltrapper nerf is a real downer. The real reward was that it gave up to 2 extra sentries, but now that's gone.

G/Rift denstiy - I was able to exceed my previous best in Grifts by 4 on both the Monk and the DH. I believe it has more to do with the monster density & pylons than with the changes to the sets. There's A LOT of monsters now. I can't help to think if there was this density in the first place without the nerfs to the sets. I can see, with this many monsters, that people will now target trash mobs and even skip elites.

Pylons - I feel there's too many of them. Sometimes they're right next to each other. At the Blizzcon panel Wyatt said there would be 2 to 4 in a grift. I've seen 2 to 4 just on one floor, then another 2 to 4 on the next floor of the grift. Still, the others don't equal the conduit. I had a grift floor that had 2 conduits side by side LoL.
    This is the first time I've felt really pissed off at blizzard. They nerfed WW barbs, I accepted that. They nerfed CM/WW wizards, that was annoying, but okay fine. But I spent the most time ever on this DH set, and it's really started to become one of my favorite characters.

I generally don't see much point in threatening to leave the game over this. It's not an effective lobbying tactic, and I get the feel that most people don't really mean it. I don't really want to leave the game either, coz it's fun and I've sunk lots of time into it, and I will try to come back now and then to check out major changes and see if it's worth playing, like I did at patch 2.0 and RoS. But it's worrying to think that all the time I've spent trying to get the best stuff can be simply rendered worthless by a nerf like this. The whole point of Diablo is to play to get better, to play knowing that you'll get better, that as long as you keep climbing the mountain you'll get a better view, and this is completely undermined if players don't have the confidence that what they have will still be there, that they can only get better, and only possibly get worse through forces squarely within their own control. Nerfing must stop being an option, as a matter of policy and philosophy. I want to keep playing Diablo, but I really can't bring myself to knowing that in a couple months, something might come along and void everything I've been working at.
    I wanted to share some feedback about the new M6 version, but it seems that the numbers (like 100% damage) are just random. The most powerful set was buffed to some unbelievable level. I'll try to explain, what problems did it have, and why the new version does not solve them. I'm writing all of this from the POV of HC seasonal player, who is aiming at top-20 ranking.

1) Off-screening, taking zero damage.
    It still works. You put down 3-5 sentries, got away and begin shooting the wall. As you know, walls are really evil and deadly, you should always target them. Generators require no targets to give hatred, spenders are still duplicated by sentries. And, well, walls can not reflect damage. Targeting monsters is pointless.

2) Slow ramp-up time and CDR dependance. In fact, it is not a problem. It's a balancing factor, making M6 not that good on low-hp packs. Or, it WAS a balancing factor, as you can drop 3 sentries now. M6 does not need any buffs.

3) Hatred dependance. In theory, hatred will be the limiting factor of the new M6. On practice, there is no serious resource management in Diablo 3 (and never was). The first option is stacking RCR (Cindercoat for L4B/Arsenal builds, Pride's Fall for non-fire builds). The second option is to take zero-cost spender. Kridershot is the weapon of choice (chakram quiver will be a "cheap" alternative). So, spenders will be spammed, giving crazy damage output.

4) Gear dependance. As you know, it was a great problem for M6, as the best builds required TnT (Hexing Pants was an alternative in some cases). I got my first TnT after 100h of farm, and then I've got nothing in about 400h of farm. 400 hours of pointless farm is not that fun, really. So, the good news: TnT is not needed for the new M6. The bad news: you need Ancient Kridershot. Yes, it IS gamebreaking with the new set. And most of us will never get it.

So, some solutions:

1) Sentries should cast spenders at your original target (a place where you click). If you target the wall, sentries will shoot their spenders into the wall. If you placed sentries in another room, they will hit wrong targets in most cases. This will require more positioning, also it will use player's brain, instead of sentry AI.

2) Rebalance the numbers. It should be balanced around 50%+ RCR (with hatred regen from templar, items and so on) and Kridershot. Right now, the damage output is crazy even with 10% RCR. 100% damage bonus for 6 pieces is not needed.

3) Do something with Kridershot/EA. Gamebreaking items with 1% drop chance are bad for gameplay. SMK is another example. Simple solution - decrease the cost of EA.
    About Marauder what is really a problem is that u cant compare m6 with anything else, is 5 sentrys plus you making damage and if you try to use any other leg set like nats or shadown you are not even close to that amount of damage output wich limits the play style so you HAVE to play m6, not like sader that can do condem, ponys or shield build all good viable. The m6 mechanic is good now I feel like this is what should be since the begining that they atack when you do. but I wish that was a 4 piece option, (2) pets runes (4) your sentrys shots your spenders when you do with 5% increase per sentry put and change bombardiers passive (5 sentrys is just too much of dps increase wich drives ppl to just use that and not any other quiver) that way it would be Similar on how other class set works and you compensate the damage loss of 2 sentrys with option to mix up with other set/leg craft to help out.

Same way with natalya set, rain of vengance is not a relevant skill whatsoever that can be mix up with anything else or be a match to m6 damage output. I've always like how vengance transformation can be like barb, mage, or sader where u become vengance itself a killing machine and also visually, it looks like you are wearing nats but in shadown form so it makes sense. Why not rework the nats set around that skill (4 set nats would be like vengance cooldown is reduce 50% and damage while in vengance form is increased by 600%) that way you are like 5 sentrys in damage output and is an active playstyle. It would be cool so u can mix it with what ever other set/leg/craft to help you take damage if you want to deal damage (comes to mind mix with shadown or aughild) also you wont be force to use a quiver but u can use x2 one handers and make your DH look like the ones one the DH introduction/pictures. Also making atack speed relevant.

And I make this suggestion since its a good oportunity to rework things with the PTR coming up and a patch coming with new stuff, this way DH wont to be stuck at m6 forever. And I know that new set maybe is aim on this issue but as I said if saders have this 3 build viable and WD with pets jade and support. They can pick diferent playstyles and play same top rifts then DH can use this change as long as is able to compete with m6 and not force ppl to use just one set and one weapon and such.

About the monster distribution is better now, i've tried a lot of Grift but the map itself keeps being this large caverns and corridors where sometimes there's not much to kill, also in other maps or places theres good density but I feel that this contributes to skip most of the elites since density on trasmob is so good. So improving the bar gain from elites is a way to adress this, make more rewarding to kill an elite pack that sometimes are so hard cous of afixes/monster type.

I cant comment on monk since im not that geared but I find wierd that you take on some act 5 monsters and winged assasins remains untouch and so frustrating to deal with, no jump range fix??? also no cooldown increase in that jump???

Exp gem in weapon needs a little buff and also, I find using any other gems but emerald useless.