Patch 2.1.2 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 12 13 14 49 Next
Hmm...so I have an OLD -5 Hatred Cost for CA SOJ /w 30% BVE and an OLD DML with -5 Hatred Cost for CA as well.....I combined that with a 30% Cindercoat on PTR and in conjunction with Punishment I have PERMA CA-LFB Nukefest.

Though there will be a lot less Nuking with proposed PTR changes.
11/20/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Here's our latest anticipated changes, which will be coming to the next PTR patch:

2 Piece Bonus
Companion calls all companions to your side.
4 Piece Bonus
Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.
6 Piece Bonus
Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

Oh dear.... well.. as nice as it is to see you all at Blizzard trying to fix the root problems of the game... this one is a nasty change. and will allow us to get the full set bonus from the shadow set as well as base dps increase from the set in question... I don't think this is the path you want to take.
11/20/2014 02:08 PMPosted by Nevalistis
11/20/2014 12:36 PMPosted by Hebalon
Does this mean that only our shots are buffed by 100% for every sentry, or also the shots of these sentries?

Good question! This set bonus applies only to your shots, not the shots fired by Sentries.

11/20/2014 02:03 PMPosted by aasubei
It probably means, generators AND that following list of skills.

This is also correct.
I'll tell what "ain't" fun/cool/great every time we get something going that work's "you" guy's change it ain't cool/fun/great "now stop it"
11/20/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Nevalistis

Here's our latest anticipated changes, which will be coming to the next PTR patch:

• 2 Piece Bonus
    • Companion calls all companions to your side.
  • 4 Piece Bonus
    • Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.
  • 6 Piece Bonus
    • Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

This should bring the set's damage potential closer to what it currently provides on live, if not a bit better. Once again, thank you for your ongoing diligence in PTR testing!

Terrible change and i am sorry to say this. First of all, we are still kind of squishy unless using a def gem, but even with that. There are some RG-s we will just never kill, cause we cant really go close, so all the bonus damage lost.
With buffing moving the sentry dmg buff to the DH, we lose burst, and its damage rampup time again, which was the issue with the original set too.
Its practically a serious dmg nerf to the changes to made to ptr version. Well no, its not gonna be in line / little better than live version. ITs 40% ish damage penalty.

Aye and we can never ever again kill reflect packs. I mean with the new set we had the option to shoot elsewhere and the sentries killed them, now all the bonus damage is on the dh, who cant shoot reflect, its gonna be worse than corrupted angel vs single element. much worse...

TL;DR: you have to keep some kinda buff on the sentries and not shift this much damage to the dh. i mean for gods sake, just think. IF you need the sentries anyway for th damage boost, it doesnt matter anymore if its dh or sentries dmg wise. Its just much worse for the dh, cause make him/her much more vulnerable
plus its gonna be less damage than live....
11/21/2014 08:30 AMPosted by dezienn
TL;DR: you have to keep some kinda buff on the sentries and not shift this much damage to the dh. i mean for gods sake, just think. IF you need the sentries anyway for th damage boost, it doesnt matter anymore if its dh or sentries dmg wise. Its just much worse for the dh, cause make him/her much more vulnerable
plus its gonna be less damage than live....

That's not quite the case.... shifting it from the sentries to the DH is cutting the max dmg from 3-5 sources down to 1 (more controllable) source...
11/21/2014 04:03 AMPosted by Galatea
It has big ramp-up time, making your 3-sentry drop quite a meaningful decision.

Not so much in reality. You either crawl through the difficulty that's near your max and mostly perpetually and mindlessly walk them forward to the next elite or you are playing faceroll and just burst them for elites. There's really not much decision to be made and far less room to be "active" when you spend a large part of you time and skills on generating resources for anything other than chakram and EA.
"Real" Demon Hunters play Strafe.
So, marauder still alpha & omega for a DH.

I remember a sentence from developper months ago, telling that "none" set will be changed (like invocator) but new set will be added.
So, as you change some set (sunwoko/marauder) Maybe you can change other... like shadow mantle, invocator, natalya, 1000 storm, vyr, tal rasha... etc
And maybe, you can listen DH who doesn't want to play sentries !!!!
On 2.0, you force people to play sentrie with a DH ( no other build are viable )
Now, you force any DH build to have sentries !!! buffing many skill by the 6th piece of marauder !

When did you do something for a strafe DH, or rapid fire ? Did we have a change to see a build like that on GR someday ? or even on T6 ?
You want build variety ? let's set variety ! let's useless set became as OP as the M6 !
STOP to rework on the M6, so many build and stuff need incredible buff !
If you double the buff of ANY other build, is still unsuffisant to be compared with M6.

And well, by the way, rapid fire and strafe using hatred. sentry should cast them to !
But wait ! I don't wan't to be forced to have sentry on my skill bar to play my build ! Just buff other item !
a simple idea like "K'mar Tenclip : Strafe gains the effect of all rune"
or "Thorns of the Invoker : your canalized skill do +20% damage for every 1sec canalized"
I think a lot of the lure of the "old" m6 was the ability to do damage without getting hit. More accurately the ability to do damage without getting 1-shotted. Since toughness doesn't really matter anyways it allowed focus on dps with no compromise. I like the direction of the new set, but it opens up way more frustration with getting 1 hit killed. Further there isn't really any unique legendary powers (items or gems) that can prevent this (ok maybe moratorium to some extent). There is one skill (wiz armor, but it has been nerfed hard since release due to the potential to negate regardless of incoming dmg, similar to issue with ep and old furnace). I make the following suggestion to one of the new legendary gems.

NEW LIFE REGEN LEGENDARY GEM
-primary as per existing ptr
-Rank 25 unlock - Once at full life your life regeneration continues to build a shield up to a maximum of 1000% of your life regen.

I think this is dynamic, works for melee and range, is better than a fixed timer (ie after 4 seconds get a shield) and would help against the one shot and make life regen at least a semi useful stat. As it stands all the skills that give life regen are fairly useless (who needs it if you get 1 shot anyways). And since many classes have group buffing life regen skills it could be an interesting group mechanic. But the max shield amount has to be significant, 1000-2000% of life regen or even 100-200% of maximum life.
11/21/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Calcifer
So, marauder still alpha & omega for a DH.

I remember a sentence from developper months ago, telling that "none" set will be changed (like invocator) but new set will be added.
So, as you change some set (sunwoko/marauder) Maybe you can change other... like shadow mantle, invocator, natalya, 1000 storm, vyr, tal rasha... etc
And maybe, you can listen DH who doesn't want to play sentries !!!!
On 2.0, you force people to play sentrie with a DH ( no other build are viable )
Now, you force any DH build to have sentries !!! buffing many skill by the 6th piece of marauder !

When did you do something for a strafe DH, or rapid fire ? Did we have a change to see a build like that on GR someday ? or even on T6 ?
You want build variety ? let's set variety ! let's useless set became as OP as the M6 !
STOP to rework on the M6, so many build and stuff need incredible buff !
If you double the buff of ANY other build, is still unsuffisant to be compared with M6.

And well, by the way, rapid fire and strafe using hatred. sentry should cast them to !
But wait ! I don't wan't to be forced to have sentry on my skill bar to play my build ! Just buff other item !
a simple idea like "K'mar Tenclip : Strafe gains the effect of all rune"
or "Thorns of the Invoker : your canalized skill do +20% damage for every 1sec canalized"

Absolutely agree. We again got nothing from this patch just another view on old things. Lets just imagin what will be next...
2 Piece Bonus

Companion calls all companions to your side.

4 Piece Bonus

Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.

6 Piece Bonus

Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

too bad that this idea of set effect (6piece) dont come to the barbar kings-set with the ancients,i mean it screams to be a Barb bonus more then for DH !!!! ??? it would be so awesome *-* plx think about it and ofc redesinge the earthquake set too

and to the m6 set i could life with that if u buffing the other sets ... i mean a complete set for a "buff effekt"without any dmg buff or rly good survial buffs ??? and a set with one skill who isn´t dmg buffed in the piece bonus itself are never viable for "endgame" grift compared to m6 (old or new version it doesnt matter) as Calcifer said ... now u are forcing the dh to use m6 with sentrys more then before .... frost/fire build + kridershot + frostburn ... and ofc u´ve removed the breakpoint part now for DH which was an rly rare and good option to max a char more then "just find item X" for gamer who want to get the max %dmg for his char
[feedback]Map/Density:
I have noticed several times now that the keep map is troublesome, almost no elite/blues, and usually lots of small whites boggers/spiders and such, which give almost no xp.

Furthermore it usuallly comes with one reaally really huge dead end if you take the wrong direction.
Just a question on demon hunter and m6
i thought the whole point of the d/h was to be a sneak ..so go in a room ..alert all monsters ..drop a sentry and boom all die
so hit and run..the d/h doesn't have the toughness to fight one on one against mobs..i thought that was part of the design..so you use your traps and your shadow stuff to confuse and then kill all in front of you
my point is d/h should not stand and fight...d/h should hit and run and leave traps behind..that is what the toon is for..if you want melee then play other class..d/h wont ever be a stand in the danger zone toon..if it was whats the point in playing it over a barb or a crusader

just my opinion of course