Patch 2.1.2 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 14 15 16 49 Next
11/21/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Llama
At least I managed to rank my DH at gr 40 with frost/fire. Now these noobs talking how powerful the changes are because they jumped from t4 to t6.. Ya, OMG CASUALS.

Then I must've misread your intention (thanks for clarifying).

But yes, T6 is no longer a benchmark for DH's offensive capabilities. And the fact that the new iteration is coming is only going to cause DH to severely lack in its strong point - being offensive. Sure, some may say go up and stack toughness, but even with that much stacked, we'd die anyway - and we have no way of taking the elites down despite lasting slightly longer than those who do not stack toughness at all.
Regarding the tuning of rift guardians, I wonder why nothing was done with Perdition? I personally find his no-warning charge that one shots you (at high level grifts) to be the most frustrating of all the rift guardians. I have literally died to him over a dozen times in a single greater rift (on live).

I think anything that has the potential to one shot you in a greater rift should have some sort of warning to give you the opportunity to avoid it.
11/21/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Jason
Regarding the tuning of rift guardians, I wonder why nothing was done with Perdition? I personally find his no-warning charge that one shots you (at high level grifts) to be the most frustrating of all the rift guardians. I have literally died to him over a dozen times in a single greater rift (on live).

I think anything that has the potential to one shot you in a greater rift should have some sort of warning to give you the opportunity to avoid it.

See jailer mate. It was intended.
Kulle and the snake in a small room, butcher, maw etc...
11/21/2014 06:33 PMPosted by Jason

Actually, he does have a tell. When he's about to charge, he'll slowly levitate and criss-cross his blades. I can understand this being difficult to see if lots of effects are on-screen, but it is there. This is just one of the things the squishy DHs have had to figure out over time. x.x
Regarding changes to the Monkey King's Garb set: Overall I like the changes to this set, it's more fun to play from a purely mechanical standpoint, which is a good quality of life improvement. In particular though, the one biggest improvement this set has going for it is that it's no longer bound to a single element.

Removing the specific elemental constraint of a set opens up variety in builds and makes an endgame set have a lot of staying power in terms of playability because you can change thing sup when you get bored. I'd love to see the same philosophy applied to Rainment of a Thousand Storms (change the dashing strike lightning damage to key of your stacked elemental bonuses) as well as Firebird's Finery (something like enemies freeze until they die, enemies are shocked until they die, enemies are consumed (arcane) until they die).

Moving these endgame sets off of specific elements makes them so much more fun to play since you can really run with a themed build and feel powerful.

The flip side of this coin is if a set is locked into an element, it should be open to all skills in that element. For instance, the Rainment set could tie the lightning nuke, to ANY lightning skill instead of just Dashing Strike. Instant variety of endgame play. Come to think of it, Firebird's already does this! The DH Marauder's set does, too. It's tied to a skill with open elements. So it seems like Rainment just needs to lose the single skill restriction or the single element restriction and it will be great as long as the damage is there.
Advocate's Descent 1 was a competely empty Nephalim Rift. At the end of it, there was a gold portal, that was unclickable, and thus, the entire rift was impossible to finish with 0% of the bar done.
LOL this is a BUFF to Lightning DH's. Has anyone tested Kridershot and if that counts as a hatred spender?
I have some concerns about the monk 2 piece bonus.

It can force player to use the cheaper spiritspender just to be able to activate the decoy more often.
For example Cyclone Strike cost 50 spirit where Wave of Light costs 75. CS also has the advantage to pull some mobs to the player what will increase the efficiency of the decoy.
Maybe you could add a factor to the damage done by the decoy depending on the spiritspender used, e.g. CS= 1000%*1, WoL=1000%*2, ....
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Not all.

I was on ptr, I realize that this is dmg buff and I realize that this is gameplay change.
And I DONT CARE of damage buff because I want play what I want. I like to drop turrets and go afk. I loved this gameplay. I dont give a sht to other builds/sets/classes and how they compare to M6. I will accept if M6 will not be able to clear grift 30 in BiS. Blizzard want to make pew pew set? They presented one on Blizzcon. DONT TOUCH M6. Make something new, make it x4 more powerfull than M6 on live, dont wreck all, what I grinded for and what I loved. Im done with d3 if new M6 goes live.

QQ moar? Not much of a game if you throw things down and AFK IMO.

It his game he can decide how he enjoys it . Not everyone has to enjoy it your "pro active" game play style all you guys are doing is funneling from 1 game play style to another. It they wanted to have a more pro active game style buff the other sets you have a set like the The Shadow’s Mantle which is pretty much on par with the thorn set. It like in d2 playing the summoning necro what do you they did they just summon and have there mobs do all the killing while they afk. But At least they had other builds like the bone nerco and poison nerco which was a more active game style.
The Barbarian needs more improvements, You either have Toughness and no damage or Higher damage output and no Toughness. Make for a sorrowful experience when playing the Barbarian.
I do enjoy the legendary drop changes as well as the new goblins.
new weapons in the game and those with improved legendary properties are more than welcomed.
Though I feel that changes to the Demonhunter Maurader SET are uneeded.
Moreover I hope the Barbarian will become stronger to allow better solo play as well as improve relevance in higher Rift and GRift play.
One of the hardest things to swallow is the fact that all other characters have a second chance passive, and the Barb has none. as well as the Crusader being allowed single handing a 2HANDER IS A GREAT SLAP IN THE FACE, while denying that same skill to the Barbarian.... Also allowing dual wielding of the 2 Hander was always a great attribute and I wish that would become standard once again with the Barbarian Class.

Playing the Harcore Barbarian is hardly a fullfilling endeavor and with the lack of even a second chance passive, all the while that same type of skill is afforded all over classes. Feels like the Barb is being grossly neglected.

In closing thanks for all your hardwork Team BLIZZ and also for the opportunity to voice our thoughts.
请关注:

为什么箭塔作为充能技能,还需要消耗憎恨呢,这样如果一次使用三个箭塔的话,,基本憎恨就快用尽了,,没有办法使用憎恨消耗技能来实现最大的技能输出。
Read over. Agree with most of statements about DH and M6. Hope Blizzard will review their plans. Otherwise its time to quit the game...
All of these people crying "omg they nerfed me" can't even hope to comprehend what this change has done to the lightning build.
never mind
I think Blizz is missing out on something with the DH changes for the next version of PTR.

IF (and thats a big IF) the Damage gets close to current Live vers of DH with that change that will still be a huge nerf for the class. Simply because DH is and has no other choice than being a glass cannon. With the same Damage output it would only be as good as now in a group with Hypnodoc as you can stand still and don't get damage/reflect).
But buffing your own Damage to 600% with 5 Traps will every accidential offscreen hit on a reflect mob be insta-death on GR39+. With the current 200% buff I still barely survive 1 hit by going to 12mio toughness.
Now we will have to actively challenge Affixes that one-hit us all the time while having to stutter-step and even evade for decades if the enemy has reflect. With the lower damage and the increased CD on SS even the option of burning up your discipline and bursting all your damage out if there is a reflect Mob is out of question.
Further with this System you again force Bomardiers-Rucksack on us where on the current PTR we could also play with Holy Point or Charkam quiver.

I think we all agree that the new way of Playing M6 is WAY more fun and a good way to go, but with the next PTR patch please either make it 200% per Trap so we can compensate the harsher environment by killing faster, OR give us some defensive buff to even it out. Even the best DHs can't stutter step for long in a pack of winged assassins or phase beasts. The only choice DH has now that it can't hide and let its Sentries do the work is killing fast enough before being killed.

That said, is there an ETA on the next PTR patch? My two Main classes are Wizzard and DH and there is not much sense in testing them now.

- Wiz is bugged with FB so playing 40+ is nearly out of Question. but IMHO you should also make IAS work on FB DoT. This Change and the improved Hydras MAY be able to make the class useful again in GRs. As at the moment Live and on PTR we are not welcomed in any GR groups due to our low damage...

OR open FB mechanics up to every element. I think playing FB mechanics with Frozen orb or Lightning wizz would be incredibly fun!!!

-DH is incredibly fun on PTR right now, but seing as our damage will be exactly 1/3rd in the next patch is dimnishing this fun. (now 5* 600% Damage + 300%, with the changes 5*100% + 600%).
I think the way to go would be somewhere between. Either give back the Sentries the 100% buff (prefered) or make the Bonus on DH 200% per Sentry but that would increase the risk on Reflect even more.) Also a Buff icon or Indicator on how much Sentrys are active would be welcomed.
Hey Can we stop running into rifts with no mobs and the port doesnt work..

This is happening on that map that looks like the rifts from Torchlight 2 .. --> Act 5 .. its like youre running along cliffs (exit is usually at top right)