Patch 2.1.2 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 20 21 22 49 Next
Honestly, i am baffled by the changes to the Marauder set bonuses. Currently the biggest issue for demon hunters is survivability. I understand that this is intentional and agree that demon hunters need to be a bit squishy. Yet with these changes to the marauder set you now remove their ability to mitigate damage and "aggro" at higher level rifts and torment bounty runs almost completely ( especially in a solo-play setting ).

Another large issue with the demon hunter class is resource management. These new set bonuses have largely increased this issue by making all of your sentries now rely on your resource management, instead of skill cooldown reduction.

TLDR: The new bonuses to the marauders set have just compounded all the current weaknesses with the demon hunter class, and at the same time removed late-game survivability. This baffles me.
Posted by Nevalistis

2 Piece Bonus
Companion calls all companions to your side.
4 Piece Bonus
Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.
6 Piece Bonus
Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

This should bring the set's damage potential closer to what it currently provides on live, if not a bit better. Once again, thank you for your ongoing diligence in PTR testing!

Shouldn't sentries be able to cast our Generators now as well? Since... you know... the 6 piece effect increases generator damage as well.. just a thought :)
11/24/2014 03:58 PMPosted by Crayon
11/19/2014 01:00 AMPosted by SIERRA275
This is the first time I've felt really pissed off at blizzard. They nerfed WW barbs, I accepted that. They nerfed CM/WW wizards, that was annoying, but okay fine. But I spent the most time ever on this DH set, and it's really started to become one of my favorite characters.

I generally don't see much point in threatening to leave the game over this. It's not an effective lobbying tactic, and I get the feel that most people don't really mean it. I don't really want to leave the game either, coz it's fun and I've sunk lots of time into it, and I will try to come back now and then to check out major changes and see if it's worth playing, like I did at patch 2.0 and RoS. But it's worrying to think that all the time I've spent trying to get the best stuff can be simply rendered worthless by a nerf like this. The whole point of Diablo is to play to get better, to play knowing that you'll get better, that as long as you keep climbing the mountain you'll get a better view, and this is completely undermined if players don't have the confidence that what they have will still be there, that they can only get better, and only possibly get worse through forces squarely within their own control. Nerfing must stop being an option, as a matter of policy and philosophy. I want to keep playing Diablo, but I really can't bring myself to knowing that in a couple months, something might come along and void everything I've been working at.
quoting because its how i feel at times

------
It took me a long time to get the marauder's set and now they want to retroactively change it?

How about making these changes as a new "Ancient" Marauder's set and let the players decide which one to use? Are the developers confident in their new approach that players will take to it?
Adding a voice:

Please don't kill M6. It's fun.
Just a quick note that the Focused Feedback list has been updated to include the following request for testing:

• New Seasonal Conquests
    • Season 2 Conquests have been added
      • Boss Mode/Worlds Apart
        • Kill the following bosses at max level on Torment VI within 20 minutes of the start of the game in Seasonal/Hardcore Seasonal:
          • Skeleton King
          • Queen Aranea
          • The Butcher
          • Maghda
          • Zoltun Kulle
          • Belial
          • Ghom
          • Siegebreaker Assault Beast
          • Cydaea
          • Azmodan
          • Iskatu
          • Rakanoth
          • Izual
          • Diablo
          • Urzael
          • Adria
          • Malthael

Please let us know if you've attempted any of the above Conquests, and if so, let us know how you did. How difficult were they to complete? Did you experience any issues completing them? Did you experience any bugs when attempting to complete them? Did you enjoy the challenge?

Thank you, as always, for your dedication and constructive feedback!
    11/24/2014 02:25 PMPosted by MaxMind
    Boss Mode/Worlds Apart

blizz plz teach me how to kill Iskatu in adventure mode.
    (five acts in campaign mode in 20 mins is just impossible)
    Just highlighting since my first thought has allready been pointed out by MaxMind: There is no Iskatu in adventure mode...
    11/24/2014 04:47 PMPosted by cdm
    11/24/2014 03:58 PMPosted by Crayon
    ...quoting because its how i feel at times

------
    It took me a long time to get the marauder's set and now they want to retroactively change it?

How about making these changes as a new "Ancient" Marauder's set and let the players decide which one to use? Are the developers confident in their new approach that players will take to it?
    this +1
    Where exactly are we supposed to report PTR issues\bugs?

I have 2.

1. No legendary on bounty cache drops multiple times.
    2. Salvage does not seem to work on account bound items IE: If I get a yellow from a cache and click salvage all yellows some do not get salvaged and must be done maually.

Hope that helps.
    Kindly update PTR asap with the latest intended nerf on M6. I want to try and see whether I can break GR40 with this nerf. And that of course with monsters dmg scaled down. No point giving feedback on the overpowered set in ptr atm.
    11/24/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Marsin

I have 2.

2. Salvage does not seem to work on account bound items IE: If I get a yellow from a cache and click salvage all yellows some do not get salvaged and must be done maually.

Hope that helps.

2. the issue with salvaging cache drops is not PTR specific. already exists in live
    Posted by Marsin

I have 2.

Hope that helps.

2. the issue with salvaging cache drops is not PTR specific. already exists in live

it is in the coding, they do not allow you to auto destroy account bound items to help mitigate frustration in accidentally salvaging a re-rolled yellow you meant to keep. The fact that yellows are account bound out of the box is the problem, not the ability to salvage.
    1) After using the entangled shot bonus; I don't see the numbers I'd like to see. Can you beef up this new season 2 bow, it just doesn't seem par with other bows.

2) Ancient jewelry that spawns (IE Flavor of time) doesn't really get a benefit. For example I got many necklaces that don't have stats affected by ancient dimensions. If that makes sense :). Could you guys fix this too.

3) I really enjoy the new marauder gear and the damage output.

4) Tell me how much damage you think this does?
    Five sentrys out.
    Entangle for the bonus from the new bow.
    Strong arm, Impale-impact.
    Cast Cluster arrow maelstrom.

Thanks for hearing me out.
    mein Gedanke zum Maro Set :

2 Bonus : alle Tiere

4 Bonus : Aktiv : Türme können einen Hasserzeuger und einen Hassverbraucher feuern
    Passiv : Türme können nur einen Hasserzeuger feuern

6 Bonus: Aktiv : 100% Dmg auf selbst abgefeuerten Hasserzeuger und Hassverbraucher pro Turm

50% erhöhung Dmg der Türme

Passiv : 100% Dmg erhöhung der Türme

Der Gedanke Dahinter ist dieser , das bei Aktiver Spielweise der Dmg erhöht wird aber bei Passiver nicht so Stark ausfällt

Google Translate:
    my thought to Maro Set:

2 Bonus: all animals
    4 Bonus: Active: towers can fire a hatred producer and a consumer hatred
                  Passive: towers can only fire a hatred producer

6 Bonus: Active: 100% dmg on self-hatred fired generators and consumers hate each tower                             
    50% increase dmg of the towers                
    Passive: 100% dmg increase of the towers

The idea behind this is that is elevated in active play the dmg but not so strong in Passive fails

mfg Nuckey
    11/24/2014 04:35 PMPosted by cdm
    Please add a new conquest:

Ability to get into PTR in less than 2 hrs.

I know this one will be very hard to complete.

play HC the wait is only a few minutes
    11/24/2014 04:22 PMPosted by Dawn2Dusk
    "aggro" at higher level rifts

This was never intended! for DH
    The basic concept always was higher fragility (compared to other classes) but better avoidance for defense (stealth, mobility*) and higher damage for offense (in reward!)!

Maybe they rediscovered the right path for DH!?
    Their "new" approach "No power without gameplay" might indicate this!
    I only hope it is the "right" gameplay which means in line with DH Lore!
    (M6 surely was an epic fail in this department! I really cross thumps this does not happen again!))

*and dodge in the first iteration