Patch 2.1.2 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 23 24 25 49 Next
11/24/2014 07:15 PMPosted by hoyke
11/24/2014 06:39 PMPosted by Marsin
Where exactly are we supposed to report PTR issues\bugs?

I have 2.

1. No legendary on bounty cache drops multiple times.
2. Salvage does not seem to work on account bound items IE: If I get a yellow from a cache and click salvage all yellows some do not get salvaged and must be done maually.

Hope that helps.

2. the issue with salvaging cache drops is not PTR specific. already exists in live
too true :-(
I feel like u shouldn't be able to craft ancient items... Then all wizards will just craft a 3900 dmg 1hander with fire and ALL other weapons become obsolete. I like the idea of ancient items if they are truly really really rare.
Crafting them makes them too accessible.
I think making them affect weapon dmg range like a 1hander with 3900 dmg makes the game less fun because now instead of finding items to build a set around you will just use the only ancient wep u can find or craft because no matter what it's better dmg then any reg legendary.

This makes item less about the sets and items you use, more about the number associated with any any wep u find like how diablo was when it was first released. To me this is a terrible idea.
11/21/2014 12:37 PMPosted by page
I have noticed several times now that the keep map is troublesome, almost no elite/blues, and usually lots of small whites boggers/spiders and such, which give almost no xp.

11/22/2014 07:25 AMPosted by Darth
Hey Can we stop running into rifts with no mobs and the port doesnt work..

Both these issues should be fixed in the next PTR patch. :)

11/24/2014 02:25 PMPosted by MaxMind
blizz plz teach me how to kill Iskatu in adventure mode.

Seems like an oversight. Thanks! I'll pass this on.

I'm still going through this thread, folks. As a reminder, this feedback thread is for all of the topics listed in the original post, and just because we added a new topic doesn't mean we're ignoring the others in the list.

We're also not ignoring other feedback - but we'd prefer you post your thoughts in a separate thread in the PTR Feedback forum. Thanks for your ongoing efforts!
Do people seriously think DH M6 got nerfed?

Have they not tried PTR?

The damage that sentries are cranking out is ridiculous now, with proper resource management. The old build loses Frost Arrow, but in turn, with Fire gear (like Cindercoat), some paragon RCR, and a 6 hate gen primary with +4 from Night Stalker, you'll be cranking out more ridiculous MS/CA shots than before. Especially with the 2 set bonus now, it's just laughable.
@TypeThree - blues have already signalled a large nerf to the current PTR M6 build will come in the next patch, with dps effectively cut by about 2/3 when all 5 sentries are out.
11/26/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Nevalistis

thx for looking into it ...

I ran into boggits a lot lately, and though they are fun, I noticed that what I said in the post before was especially true for the boggits especially: it felt like I killed thousands and yet the bar barely filled. So killing those little buggers I actually lost time in relation.
Had a play with the SWK set. Don't personally like the change. Here's why:

I used the 2pc bonus to give me a nice damage boost using a 2H staff. While having the extra pieces, I am not interested in the 'decoy' gameplay and didn't want that. I'm now forced to use it and the full set doesn't boost sweeping wind, my other primary (with Cyclone strike).

I would equip the Raiment 2pc for the 500Dex instead except that I'm using the amulet slot with SWK.

In other words the SWK set is now useless unfortunately for my build, as it is built on the following:

Pull in enemies and freeze with cyclone strike -> Constant damage with sweeping wind in combination with bane of the trapped and 'frozen damage bonus' passive.
Above combined with Primary attack boosted by simplicity's strength, flying dragon bonus and depth diggers.

It's a very 'get in close' physical build and I like that it works at the moment with SWK + Raiment for extra damage. Sad that it won't be the case much longer.

I also really don't like that the enemies are knocked into the air now either as it reduces the time I'm hitting them.

Sorry that it's bad news this time, looking forward to further changes.
There should be a revive in town option when youre broken. i had to get out of the game the other time when i was relentlessly trying to tele to town but i couldn't.
11/26/2014 02:58 PMPosted by TypeThree

Have they not tried PTR?

The damage that sentries are cranking out is ridiculous now, with proper resource management. The old build loses Frost Arrow, but in turn, with Fire gear (like Cindercoat), some paragon RCR, and a 6 hate gen primary with +4 from Night Stalker, you'll be cranking out more ridiculous MS/CA shots than before. Especially with the 2 set bonus now, it's just laughable.

Some people are already theorycrafting the new, upcoming M6 that is not yet active on PTR.
You have to distinguish between people talking about the current M6 on PTR, and the one that's not yet patched in.
11/26/2014 02:58 PMPosted by TypeThree

Have they not tried PTR?

Just because the numbers are higher doesnt mean the mechanics and the dps didnt get nerfed.

Its a big nerf. Try thinking harder than just looking at bigger numbers.
Boots of Disregard Life per Second

Is still abysmally low. The current value is still 500 life per second when standing still, up to a maximum of 4000 per second after 8 freaking seconds of standing still.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/boots-of-disregard-29WPmn

Seriously, this item already got overlooked in the 2.1 Patch and PTR, when Life Per Second values were all boosted significantly. And AGAIN, it's being overlooked. This is NOT a legendary item worthy of such a name.

Seriously buff this item already, it's pathetic. No one is going to stand still for 8 seconds just to get 4000 life per second, when the values on the boots can already roll up to almost 5000 while under any condition. Get your !@#$ together guys, seriously.
Finally got into the PTR for a few T6 rifts today.

Regarding the current state of M6 (as of 11/26/14 @ 5:30 Pacific time), the game play is actually more entertaining than in live, and the damage and resource regen (with a fire build and chackram quiver) feels better than live M6. If you nerf the set as has been indicated that will happen in the next PTR patch, you will be baldly contradicting the "we don't want you to log in and feel weaker" comments at BlizzCon 2014. If you say something, and do something else, that kind of makes you liars.

On to the legendary drop buff... Ran a T6 rift and had 18 legendary drops. Despite the 100% salvalge of those drops, I had to laugh.

Then I realized that I haven't laughed much lately when playing D3.

If the ultimate goal is to make D3 a tedious, obsessive grind fest, endlessly searching for incremental upgrades, in the name of "longevity," then dev management is spot on. I don't know what kind of corporate imperatives are influencing dev management, but the fun seems to be getting lost in the grind. You say one thing, yet your actions completely contradict what you say. You made M6, and now are turning around and whining about the play style. This is after many, many D3 players invested a significant amount of time farming M6 gear. How long do you think you can get away with jerking around your customers, who pay your salary, without consequence?
11/18/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Nevalistis

• Changes to the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/sunwukos-balance"]Monkey King's Garb[/url] set
    • Philosophy Note: With only some minor adjustments to supporting gear, build, and playstyle, Monks with four pieces of the updated Monkey King’s Garb should be able to match or even exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level. With a complete optimization of the new Set bonuses, Monks should easily (or at least reliably) exceed their previous best Greater Rift time and level.
    • Has been redesigned:
    • [ul]
    • (2) Set Bonus
    • [ul]
    • Casting Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, or Wave of Light causes a decoy to spawn that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% weapon damage
    • Decoy explosion now deals the damage type of your highest +% Elemental Damage

• (4) Set Bonus
  • [ul][li]Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% more damage from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds

I've played a lot of Monk on the PTR and the change to this set is a step in the right direction. The only bad thing is the power just isn't quite there with the current line-up of legendaries on PTR. Monks need more of a boon to entice players from the stronger classes such as Demon Hunter. I think the clone idea needs to go because it is bad to have to wait for the clone explosion in order to do the 500% damage. You're asking us to spend spirit for a buff in order to spend more spirit to do the real damage. I'd rather be able to do the damage up front, it would fit the philosophy of monks being speed demons. The gods should strike through the monk, not some apparition.
    11/26/2014 02:23 PMPosted by Nevalistis

Groovy.

^ the post above mine right here.. a much bigger concern - and a good read

11/26/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Denzalo
    I've played a lot of Monk on the PTR and the change to this set is a step in the right direction. The only bad thing is the power just isn't quite there with the current line-up of legendaries on PTR. Monks need more of a boon to entice players from the

Except I'm more like, Yeah with or without ancients it seems like one could probably go higher, with a lot more intensive skill play. The problem is this skilled play is not rewarded.. There is a problem with every single build and yeah I have tried everything except LTK which probably should just be removed if you guys arent willing to double the damage. It is like SSS .. cool idea, cool animation, completely ineffective-> Wave of Light higher damage ... Oh and why is it 500% for those skills.. why isnt it just debuff for 500% more damage for everything. Or at least all procs and spenders.. this will take care of LTK to some degree because GNKashu doesnt gain benefit from it.

TR- Flurry is broken also.. Doesnt work a lot of the time and also is a smaller area of effect than the Tempest Rush its on is- by a lot. It may be 6-10 yards only. Other than that, Thank you for responding. #1
    Are there any new videos of the 2.1.2a PTR using the M6 set bonus with new changes?
    NEW CHANGE TO MARAUDERS WILL NERF THE SET.

1) REFLECT DAMAGE!
    2) KRIDERSHOT WILL BE ONLY WEAPON YOU CAN USE.
    3)DEMON HUNTERS LOSE DAMAGE, SENTRYS WILL ONLY POKE MONSTERS

SUGGESTIONS

1)Allow sentrys to cast hatred spenders like the OG set or keep a damage amplifier to reduce artillery s
    11/26/2014 12:06 PMPosted by OfficialHaz
    I feel like u shouldn't be able to craft ancient items... Then all wizards will just craft a 3900 dmg 1hander with fire and ALL other weapons become obsolete. I like the idea of ancient items if they are truly really really rare.
    Crafting them makes them too accessible.
    I think making them affect weapon dmg range like a 1hander with 3900 dmg makes the game less fun because now instead of finding items to build a set around you will just use the only ancient wep u can find or craft because no matter what it's better dmg then any reg legendary.

This makes item less about the sets and items you use, more about the number associated with any any wep u find like how diablo was when it was first released. To me this is a terrible idea.

Legendary powers will continue to be the preffered setup, even if it is easier to get a few extra stats with crafting.
    Did I misread the update? They are adding conquests? Who cares about conquests, that is not end game surely. What made D2 great was not conquests.

END GAME = PVP.

Where is the PVP? Right now patch notes are all the same over and over. Nerf x overpower PVE class, increase new drops by 10-30% in power, provide eacalating monster difficulty to provide incentive to new drops. In the end everyone caps out the same and wonders to themselves why did I waste my time again.

O right it was so I can complete conquests. This is not WOW, or is it....