Patch 2.1.2 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 29 30 31 49 Next
12/02/2014 04:52 AMPosted by QtriNitY
U cant do this as u are limitin' builds!

I can not think of any build that would not be using EA in one form or another. Even if you went with the Chakram Quiver, you would want EA to proc Cull the Weak.
Please revert the Sentries M6 back to the pre patch Tower Defense. It was a fun play style, and some of us really enjoyed it.

Although some people find the new version fun too, it's not right to just bounce between who gets to have fun. Let everyone have fun, make 2 sets if that's what you prefer. I really like the old M6 where sentries fired on their own without me needing to fire spenders.
"+" & "-" PTR
the addition of ancient legendary items is a big +
-simply providing more content for the players to aim for is always positive! however i think the biggest problem facing d3 players within the current system is the lack of feeling self progression.
players characters reach a point soon after hitting max level, that leaves players feeling as though the 2-4 hours game time they put in today on d3, apart from a few paragon levels, will have achieved nothing and have progressed no closer to that dream build we all wish to achieve.
the introduction of these ancient tiered items, under current drop system and rates, has only pushed those builds further from players grasps.
without revision of the drop system, more additions to the "pool" simply means odds of finding a particular desired item have become worse, let alone seeking the ancient versions of said items, do so and the odds diminish further.
i have been a dungeon crawler, hack and loot fan since original diablo, so i do understand how the system is supposed to work for this platform of game ( from a players perspective, putting it simply - time spent playing the game should generally reflect the level of your account/character/gear. but at the moment i'm left feeling like i could put in 5 hours a day for the next 2 weeks and there is very little chance that i will be any better off in the game, hence left questioning to play it at all!
in saying that, 2000% chance was extreme! (fun, but extreme). i think realistically, approximately 1/4 of that would be suffice to introduce permanently into the game.
as noticed though, when the 2000% buff was active, even with all that bonus chance- i was still finding that specific desired items were not easily targeted in any way, for example- my crusader experience on the ptr - seeking say a "gyrefalcon's foote"
, found dozens of "darklight" and "swiftmount", and multiple others, yet not a single Gyrefalcon's. similarly with shields and other items.
this normally would not concern me as it should be understood that not all legendary items have the same drop rates (obviously!) however the fact that this was still an issue after hours and hours of game play with 2000% chance of finding those items, clearly indicates fault in the system.
Blizz, i still remain such a fan of this franchise, but something needs to be done here! the game is not fun when grinding aimlessly for hours/days with no feeling of progression. the increase in drop rates felt like that introduced that fun back into the game!
i have read on numerous accounts i am not the only player who finds this to be true.
please hear the community on this one blizz/dev team, whilst a community remains :(
i have read on numerous accounts i am not the only player who finds this to be true.
Why not extend the multishot set bonuses to cover strafe as well?
[SWK - Amulet]

Instead of ATK Speed we need Critdmg as mainstat.

The chance to get critchance and crit dmg is to low because SWK is to rare and atk speed senseless. One senseless stat on a mandatory item sucks.

Also all builds depending on high CDR values are worse to get because SWK will always have DEX + ATK speed.

So it is impossible to get critchance, crit damage, cdr and dex on it.
This is one of the most important changes for monks you could do.
Monster distribution and EXP/ hour feedback.

Almost all persons do Fields of Misery runs, because they provide the most EXp/hour (15-16 bEXP/hour). Quite much more then T6 speed farming, and FOM runs do not require rift shards. So they found a way to excape from ever doing bountys ever again.

In this regard, the EXP/hour in rifts should be higher if you intend people to do rifts, not FOM runs. Also EXP/hour in Grifts should be much, much higher if you ever want to compete with the EXP granted by FOM runs.

To even enter a Grift you first have to do bounty then T6 rifts, then trials.

You want Grifts to be most rewarding, right ?
Here are some thoughts and feedback from a more casual gamer who has now been able to play in the test realm for a reasonable amount of time to get a feel for the changes in the test.

Reading the 2.1.2 release notes prior to playing was disappointing. Changes were coming to the DH, the character I most enjoyed playing, and it appeared that my preferred play style will no longer be viable. I was wrong, so very wrong. The changes took some time to adapt to, but actually wound up enhancing the play style and my M6 sentry build lives on (well, when he isn’t dying from some flying object coming from off of the screen).

The M6 changes make play more active and also make elites more challenging – damage output is more mitigated when one is running from all manner of death from above. If the DH ain’t killin’ he’s dyin’. The Dex boost from the set is missed, but over time the ancient items I found more than made up for this loss. The shame of item changes is that the Helltrapper no longer has a niche; perhaps having it add one sentry up to a max of five would maintain some of its charm. That way you could have three sentries without custom engineering, or five by adding Bombardiers, allowing for more build variety. It is a shame to have such a fun weapon go by the wayside, but as it stands now it is only useful if it is your most damaging weapon.

Changes to builds and weapons also highlight the challenges with the limited stash space. Since changes will continue to come, players need to be able to store potentially useful items to pull out when build effectiveness changes. Without having a quiver of seething hated in my stash, my DH certainly would have skipped a step or two in the new build. If I only played one class this would not be a problem. Trying to have equipment for every class is not possible with the current limitations. As more cool items are added this this frustration will only grow. What if each character had their own three-tab stash in addition to the shared stash, that could be expanded once the character reached higher levels?

As for getting one-shot by enemies, jailers are miserable; nothing like dying before the little purple circle is even visible at your feet. Thunderstorm and frozen are not much better, and damage reflection is an instant kill at higher grift tiers. This is particularly frustrating when using chakrams; they are often already in the air before damage reflection turns on, and at that point you might as well be erecting your own grave marker. Elemental arrow is better in this regard, but it still is not much fun to shoot away from your enemies in order to defeat them.

Grfit density is certainly better in 2.1.2, though there are still some dry spells, particularly in the arachne caverns where the passageways between islands can be long and empty. The new death penalty is frustrating after you have died a few times. I am not sure how much more time on average the penalty now exacts, but sitting there for 20-30 seconds doing nothing is dull and seem counter to the faster pace the games wants to foster. Increasing the penalty in increments of 3 seconds to a max of 15 seconds seems like it would better match the current penalty and would still provide a disincentive to dying.
11/18/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Enemies hit by the decoy explosion take 500% more damage from your Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light abilities for 3 seconds
11/26/2014 06:49 PMPosted by Denzalo
I've played a lot of Monk on the PTR and the change to this set is a step in the right direction. The only bad thing is the power just isn't quite there with the current line-up of legendaries on PTR. Monks need more of a boon to entice players from the stronger classes such as Demon Hunter. I think the clone idea needs to go because it is bad to have to wait for the clone explosion in order to do the 500% damage. You're asking us to spend spirit for a buff in order to spend more spirit to do the real damage. I'd rather be able to do the damage up front, it would fit the philosophy of monks being speed demons. The gods should strike through the monk, not some apparition.

I agree with Denzalo. Get rid of the clone. I'd like to see it be replaced with a flash of light or something like that. And more than that the 500% dmg buff needs to affect ALL damage applied to the monsters, not just the monk's dmg, and not just the monk's dmg from specific skills.

Also, the Monkey King's Garb set will become exponentially better if you move the 4pc bonus to a 3pc bonus. This would allow us to wear RoRG + 2 pieces, or drop the RoRG and be able to slot 3 of the 4 pieces, leaving more room for other items.

Also, 7SS needs to be on the list of skills for the set.
We've got another update coming regarding the Sunwuko set. A slight change will be coming to the 4-piece bonus in the next PTR patch:

• Monkey King's Garb
    • 4-piece set bonus has been slightly redesigned
      • When your decoys explode, you gain a buff that increases the damage of Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light by 500% for 3 seconds.

This should help make this damage boost feel a little less clunky and more reliable to use in practice. As always, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to hearing your thoughts as we move on to the next phase of PTR testing!
Awww yiss! >:)
12/03/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Fitz
Does this now make the damage additive with %skill-based damage? If so I think the set just got a massive dps nerf...

Good question. Hopefully it's still multiplicative, or else we just took one step forward just to take two steps back.
12/03/2014 04:25 PMPosted by Fitz
Does this now make the damage additive with %skill-based damage? If so I think the set just got a massive dps nerf...

Good question. Hopefully it's still multiplicative, or else we just took one step forward just to take two steps back.

Yeah, this is coming up in the monk forums already as well. Changing the category of buff to d.i.b.s. would be a mistake in the sense that it would massively reduce the strength of most monk damage buffs & debuffs. And obviously the set would be less attractive if the change goes that way.

Essentially, I'd rather have no change than have the damage bonus change to a type that is additive with most other damage buffs..

And afaik, I'm the one that started team "make the clone buff the player, not debuff the mobs". It's not worth the change if the implications are that the damage buff gets worse, in context.
12/03/2014 03:32 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We've got another update coming regarding the Sunwuko set. A slight change will be coming to the 4-piece bonus in the next PTR patch:

• Monkey King's Garb
    • 4-piece set bonus has been slightly redesigned
      • When your decoys explode, you gain a buff that increases the damage of Cyclone Strike, Exploding Palm, Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light by 500% for 3 seconds.

This should help make this damage boost feel a little less clunky and more reliable to use in practice. As always, thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to hearing your thoughts as we move on to the next phase of PTR testing!

Success!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15269779057?page=25#488
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2nl7ws/streamlining_the_new_swk_how_about_a_player_buff/
(I'm sure it was a popular suggestion)
Thanks for being generous with the buff and not doing the stacking thing or reducing damage.