Patch 2.1.2 Focused Feedback

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 4 5 6 49 Next
The Moke is also useless ,not it becomes stronger is the Greater Rift change easily.
I like the changes to monk a bit, they still seem a bit low from the damage that was being dealt by the holy ones even with my lightning build but it was a little more dynamic with the build. Losing the 20% damage from the original (2) set though was really the most diminishing factor I found to the overall damage output.

The Demon Hunter Marauder's set on the other hand I was not too big on these changes. It pigeon holes all builds into one spender and any spender that won't cast from sentries or is affected by sentries is basically null and won't be used for higher Grifts (strafe, fan of knives, rapid fire, spike trap).

The one thing that is worst in my opinion about the new changes is the fact that now everyone needs to strive for Kridershot, or bust. Elemental Arrow build or get out.
The way I was playing before, I would use the Buriza and it was awesome Bola Shot - ID, Cluster Arrow-LFB and Impale-CB or GW, now its lame without being able to have the sentries firing the spenders by themselves. Impale is basically useless. This build was an awesome support DH for rocket DH builds, they do massive group damage this does massive single target damage.
This was possible because not everyone needed to play exactly the same gear out when it came to Weap/Quiv or skill choices.
Now the play style will basically be stuck with
Vault
Companion
Sentry
Generator - Some variability EA if kridershot is equipped , Chakram is seething spines is equipped
Spender - Impale is now useless, CA is clunky for resource cost, EA (still most viable choice for fire build immolation arrow), Multishot (rockets arent as good from the spender change) even with piercing buriza volleys.
Vengeance/Preparation - This skill slot would most likely be the most interchangeable but the other 5 slots seem almost mandatory with M6
Basically the BEST builds will have Elemental Arrow somewhere in the build.

Even before this patch in my opinion you could nearly match the output of standing rocket build with Tasker and Theo without them by actually being active in the game play and using a generator and spender. Buriza made that possible and even using a Nats slayer for the 7 crit bonus and extra attack speed Buriza was still better for the piercing.

The best change to the DH was the addition of charges on the sentries, but the charges should max to 5 with the legendary quiver.
The new Embodiment of the Marauder set effect is great, but i think there is a something missing:

Sentries still automatically set their target so they will not always fire their hatred spender to target that we aim so we cannot eliminate our priority target monster like goblins or dangerous elite monster that need to be taken out fast.

please make sentries to fire their hatred spender to target place that we aim just like witch doctor fetish fire their poison darts if we use Carnevil.
My opinion:
I really hope that the marodeur set will be nerfed even more
It feels like about 90 % of d3 players in public games are playing demon hunter m6, and even with super rare gear, its very hard to reach a similar killspeed with other chars. I remeber times when WW barb was totally op, you nerfed him to the ground but it was the right decision.
you should do the same with the marodeur set and maybe with the raekor set, and buff the other sets
First off, thank you all for jumping in and testing your hearts out so quickly! The responses have been great, and we appreciate the amount of on-topic feedback that's been provided thus far. Thank you, it helps us go a long way during this critical part of development!

11/18/2014 07:51 PMPosted by Lumin
I'm pretty sure you mean 500%

Whoops. Totally did. This has been fixed in the original post. Thanks!

11/19/2014 03:41 PMPosted by Dirtymeat
I've just noticed on PTR that Andarials Visage retroactively no longer has a Poison Nova proc. Is this intentional?

This is a known issue. Several items are missing their Legendary affixes. You can see the full list here.

Finally, we've already got some additional changes pending for the Embodiment of the Marauder. It’s great to see that players are enjoying the more active gameplay of this redesign, and we want to further shift the source of damage from your Sentries to your Demon Hunter. To accomplish this, the set bonus order is being shifted around and retuned. Bear in mind that tuning on the exact number values will likely continue through the PTR and are not yet final.

Here's our latest anticipated changes, which will be coming to the next PTR patch:

• 2 Piece Bonus
    • Companion calls all companions to your side.
  • 4 Piece Bonus
    • Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.
  • 6 Piece Bonus
    • Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

This should bring the set's damage potential closer to what it currently provides on live, if not a bit better. Once again, thank you for your ongoing diligence in PTR testing!
If it feels like more players are using m6, than they must like it (because it is good). Why not make other builds popular by buffing them so they are good(competitive) as well. Changing something soooo much fun to use will not be popular. On the other hand, buffing, or better yet, creating new and exciting build possibilities should be the way to go (ie new legendary affixes).

I have just put together my m6 build, and have not even optimized it for running grifts. I don't want it to be gone before I even get to enjoy that part of it. I don't know if it is even worth farming now.
11/20/2014 10:37 AMPosted by drumdrum
If it feels like more players are using m6, than they must like it (because it is good).

It still is, from what I hear.

The issue as it stands; It's current iteration allows for hit 'n' run play style, which is bad for group play. As well, it's fundamentally dishonest for a player to be able to out DPS everyone while standing around the corner in the next room, literally motionless and not having to push a single button.
If someone already answered this I'm sorry, but with Kridershot will the 4 set bonus still apply to elemental arrow? In other words, will it still count as a "Hatred spender" even though its generating hatred? Has this been tested/thought of already?

I hope elemental arrow will still count as a hatred spender in this case... I know Krindershot isn't ideal currently but I choose to use it anyway because I like the play style. I like actually firing my bow at monsters and actively attacking in addition to my turrets. With the proposed change to the M6 its actually buffing the Krindershot play style which I enjoy. This would be a good thing right? The rarest bow in the game should lead to a more active and stronger play style?
Been testing both my Monk and DH. Both have the sets in question that were changed and I have to say that the changes are for the better.

The DH plays more pro actively and with the sentry having a stack-able charge you can deploy them very fast so that you can maximize your damage. Overall I like the change to the set and agree with the new design philosophy.

With the Monk I was a bit skeptical but did some comparisons. My over all damage went down by about 200000, which was the 1st thing I noticed. But testing the set bonus of Sunwuko I noticed the damage to actually be a HUGE increase. The crits are now at least 25-40 mil more and the recovery works well too.

Both set redesigns get my thumbs up :)

Oh - and the new goblin icon on the map is massive haha!
11/20/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Nevalistis
It’s great to see that players are enjoying the more active gameplay of this redesign

Not all.

I was on ptr, I realize that this is dmg buff and I realize that this is gameplay change.
And I DONT CARE of damage buff because I want play what I want. I like to drop turrets and go afk. I loved this gameplay. I dont give a sht to other builds/sets/classes and how they compare to M6. I will accept if M6 will not be able to clear grift 30 in BiS. Blizzard want to make pew pew set? They presented one on Blizzcon. DONT TOUCH M6. Make something new, make it x4 more powerfull than M6 on live, dont wreck all, what I grinded for and what I loved. Im done with d3 if new M6 goes live.
11/20/2014 10:59 AMPosted by Ludovic
11/20/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Nevalistis
It’s great to see that players are enjoying the more active gameplay of this redesign

Not all.

I was on ptr, I realize that this is dmg buff and I realize that this is gameplay change.
And I DONT CARE of damage buff because I want play what I want. I like to drop turrets and go afk. I loved this gameplay. I dont give a sht to other builds/sets/classes and how they compare to M6. I will accept if M6 will not be able to clear grift 30 in BiS. Blizzard want to make pew pew set? They presented one on Blizzcon. DONT TOUCH M6. Make something new, make it x4 more powerfull than M6 on live, dont wreck all, what I grinded for and what I loved. Im done with d3 if new M6 goes live.

QQ moar? Not much of a game if you throw things down and AFK IMO.
As a quick reminder:

11/18/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Please Note: In order to facilitate focused feedback, posts in this thread that are not relevant to the topics listed above will be deleted. Please create a new thread for your concerns if they are outside the above topics. Thank you!

Your feedback on all topics is valuable, but this helps us better organize and deliver your thoughts to development, so it's something we'll be pretty strict on. Help us out by keeping this in mind!
Marauder changes = WAY more fun. The problem lies with bombadier rucksack. While the set can work differently if you have different weapons, bombadier will be the only quiver ever. Its just too much lose 80% flat damage and 2 sentries. bombadiers should be chaged to give a single sentry charge, just like custom engineer or the 40% should be limited to 120%.

Monk = cant really tell about it.

Monster Density and monster changes = A lot more fair and way more fun. Keep myself doing a lot of GR in the PTR and never feels boring.

Boss changes = All of them felt more fair, but as a ranged char, they we're never my worst enemy type. Bloodmaw its way more fair.

Other feedback = Ancient Items drops are in a great shape, hope it stays that way. You guys should REALLY fix cow rift.....still never saw one, it shouldn`t be THAT rare. Won't lie, most classes feels boring close to DH right now. You guys need some serious changes, specially for barbarians and mages, and buffs to all other classes. Dont nerf the new marauders set, its pretty awesome right now.