Two hours of play at T2 with no drops..Really?

General Discussion
Is it just me or has legendary and set drops gone with the wind? In the past few days I have averaged two hours of play a day with out a SINGLE legendary/set drop... Seems to me that at T2 play I should have at least gotten something.....
You must be trolling, T2 is pretty bottom-of-the-barrel. If you want decent drop rates, do T6.
11/19/2014 11:27 PMPosted by Valshaw
You must be trolling, T2 is pretty bottom-of-the-barrel. If you want decent drop rates, do T6.

Even though T6 has been nerfed to hell and back, not everyone can just hop in and destroy everything.
Meanwhile, I just played T2 for about 30 minutes and had 4 legendary drops. One of them was an Ouroboros, which happened to be an upgrade for my Barb.

Funny how anecdotal evidence of RNG mechanics works...
Just got 17 legends through an hour, the drop rate is fine
I corrected your statement to reflect the situation more accurately, the corrected part is in italics, no need to thank me Katterise, I am glad I could help.

Just got 17 legends through an hour, the drop rate is fine for me, but I can not talk for others of course
11/19/2014 11:57 PMPosted by CrniVuk
I corrected your statement to reflect the situation more accurately, the corrected part is in italics, no need to thank me Katterise, I am glad I could help.

[quote]Just got 17 legends through an hour, the drop rate is fine for me, but I can not talk for others of course

I too have gotten at least a dozen legendaries tonight but that does not mean I can not empathize with OP. However, what we need to know is whether or not he is playing solo or in groups. Grouplay buffs your chances at finding legendaries. Also, with that much play time you should've rack up a lot of shards is Kadala still being Kadala? Hang in there OP, it will get better and you will be able to progress up to T6.
11/19/2014 10:05 PMPosted by DaKidSayz
Is it just me or has legendary and set drops gone with the wind? In the past few days I have averaged two hours of play a day with out a SINGLE legendary/set drop... Seems to me that at T2 play I should have at least gotten something.....

Judging by your profile and gear, it probably took you a while to clear areas in T2. I would look into toning down the difficulty to get faster clear rates until your gear improves.
play Greater Rifts, get gems and level them up. They alone will help you to play on higher torment levels. But then again, I wouldn't want to farm anything below T5. Played T4 a week ago with my wiz and droprate was really bad. So, I can emphasize.

GRs/T6 are where it's at atm.
11/20/2014 02:17 AMPosted by Doajin1984
11/19/2014 11:57 PMPosted by CrniVuk

[quote]Just got 17 legends through an hour, the drop rate is fine for me, but I can not talk for others of course

I too have gotten at least a dozen legendaries tonight but that does not mean I can not empathize with OP. However, what we need to know is whether or not he is playing solo or in groups. Grouplay buffs your chances at finding legendaries. Also, with that much play time you should've rack up a lot of shards is Kadala still being Kadala? Hang in there OP, it will get better and you will be able to progress up to T6.

actually, the issue isnt even the number of legendary items but their usefulness. See, I dont play RoS, I dont even own it and I gave up on D3 a long time ago the moment I realized that it is more or less just a gambling simulation.

But, when I played D3 I never really felt that I had to find 10 000 legendary items every 5 min to feel excited, in fact I would be happy with less but more usefull legendary items, in my opinion the game was better when Legendary items had been EXTREMLY(!) rare, where you found maybe in a few weeks one of them, BUT the problem was, they have been less usefull then yellow items. Now, its ALL about legendary items, they could be as well seen as the "new" yellow items with ancient items soon beeing the "true" legendary item.

Point is, D3 should be about QUALITY over QUANTITY, hence why I personaliy find the complaining about drop rates actually a bit ... useless, does it matter if you get now 5 or 10 souls per hour? I mean if we ignore crafting for a moment. The number of garbage legendary items in D3 is simply staggering, thx to the extreme random nature of the game and the shallow itemisation/skill system. But that is of course just my opinion.
His best character is 340kdps, 5M toughness. (Crusader)

At T2, he is going to be spending way too much time killing each enemy, and has low toughness for T2 to boot. His drop rate is low because his kill rate is too low to make his difficulty level pay off.

The OP needs to drop to T1 or Master for a proper kill rate with those stats.

The problem is not the game. The problem is that the player is not familiar enough with basic game mechanics. This isn't even a luck issue. At the level we are talking about, decent rares are more than good enough. If we throw in some crafted legendaries, even someone with relatively horrid luck should be able to manage T2 properly.
T2 is good for super speed one shot builds where you can watch netflix, listen to girlfriend or mom or wife or cat, and still get all the loot people who pay attention doing t6 get
Torment III normal rifts are in general where I find the most goodies. I am far less efficient at farming in T4 and T5 so my drop rates at those levels is a fair bit lower. And it may just be random, but if I run ~190% MF in T3, the extra 19% it gives to legendary and set item chances seems to play a positive role to my drop rates.

Then again, had a nice Thunderfury with a socket drop in PTR Act V on Torment I in the first five minutes. *smacks head*
Problem is you get these !@# hats with 300k white dmg, no damage modifiers, no elemental, no elite dmg and probably 8m toughness in game, probably takes like 20 minutes to complete a solo T2 rift complaining about drop rates.

And they think they're actually doing well because they never die.
11/19/2014 11:38 PMPosted by Kingpolo
11/19/2014 11:27 PMPosted by Valshaw

Even though T6 has been nerfed to hell and back, not everyone can just hop in and destroy everything.

correct, they just leech T6 pubs instead.
Thanks for the feedback.. I will try more time in T1 until I can get better damage.
Go play on the PTR, 2000% drop rate increase. I did a small area in act 3 battlefields..22 legendary items in about 10 minutes...no it really doesn't matter but it will make you feel better.
11/20/2014 09:06 PMPosted by DaKidSayz
Thanks for the feedback.. I will try more time in T1 until I can get better damage.

Also please do not reroll secondary stats on your main weapon! That is just painful, you need to be a lot more damage focused in the future.
What do you mean by "reroll"