[2.1.2] PTR Solo Leaderboards - Monks #1 -

Monk
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
Druin and Nicho were recently set free from their shackles and are flying so high they forgot to log on?! How dare they!
12/16/2014 03:45 AMPosted by Heisenberg
3rd monk has hit GR49, another LIghtning Bellwuko. (Hax)

12/15/2014 05:10 PMPosted by PlanckEnergy
"More than one build" is ultimately debatable and probably not true.

Must be hard to understand that Bellwuko isn't the same build as Hexwuko. One uses TR component of Sunwuko, the other Wave of Light. Completely different gameplay, with some shared gear.

It's not hard to understand. What I'm saying is one of them will prove superior on live play and will distance itself from the other. Or maybe 49 is magically somehow the cap for Monk, but I seriously doubt it.

Now, whether you want to squabble over a class having at least 2 specs capable of doing 49 is up to you. But say one of them ends up having an extra 4 GR levels more than the other? Is the lower one still "competitive'? I guess it's more of a philosophical question.

Though I do wonder, do we know for sure if the one monk actually used TR to do his clear? Because he is frequently logged out in a Lightning Bellwuko setup.
12/16/2014 04:13 PMPosted by PlanckEnergy

Now, whether you want to squabble over a class having at least 2 specs capable of doing 49 is up to you. But say one of them ends up having an extra 4 GR levels more than the other? Is the lower one still "competitive'? I guess it's more of a philosophical question.

I'd be pretty comfortable saying that a build/set if viable if it surpasses GR 45, regardless of what the top rank is.
Adding 2p 3p 4p, and listing the highest GR + highest GR with monk in the group for fun now that the solo boards have stabilized.

SEASON 2 Update from 12-17
Barb - 47
Cru - 47
DH - 49
Monk - 49 <<<< 1st -tied-
WD - 44
Wiz - 45
2p w/ Monk - 47 (GR50)
3p w/ Monk - 49 (GR54)
4p w/ Monk - 52 (GR56)

Still #1.5!

NoN-SEASON Update from 12-17
Barb - 49
Cru - 46
DH - 47
Monk - 47 <<<< 2nd -tied-
WD - 46
Wiz - 45
2p w/ Monk - 42 (GR52) - double monk did 42
3p w/ Monk - 47 (GR54)
4p w/ Monk - 48 (GR56)

Slightly lower monk ranks on nonseason in group play.
Lol be honest, how many of you clicked this thread furiously to see if I had become an MVP? <3

Team Dex has cleared GR50 in seasons.

DH = Maelstorm using Etrayu + Pride
Monk = Thunderfrost (POTA+Impending) using Torch + Leoric
Lol be honest, how many of you clicked this thread furiously to see if I had become an MVP? <3

No, Heisenberg. The fact that you're behaving and contributing constructively is just another elaborate troll, somehow. It's genius, but I never thought you were MVP.
12/17/2014 06:19 PMPosted by Explode
No, Heisenberg. The fact that you're behaving and contributing constructively is just another elaborate troll, somehow. It's genius, but I never thought you were MVP.

Tenacity....I'll give him that lol

LOL, in a good way.

Heisenberg has been pretty helpful lately. I think he deserves a pat on the back.

LOL, in a good way.

Heisenberg has been pretty helpful lately. I think he deserves a pat on the back.

I agree actually. He seems really passionate about Monks which i really like about the guy.
Plus I like to thank him about updating this thread to see how Monks are doing on the Ptr leaderboard. Im always at work so him posting bout monks be it bad or good is always welcome even some might find it annoying or irritating.
12/16/2014 10:08 AMPosted by Heisenberg
Druin and Nicho were recently set free from their shackles and are flying so high they forgot to log on?! How dare they!

LoL I have been quite ill and I also work retail so I rarely ever get online in December :). New changes look pretty decent though and I am looking forward to them once they go live! Not looking like I will have much time this ptr to test though sadly.
Hi guys!

Are knowed the builds that the top players used for their 1st rank records?

Watched the video of Druin doing 46 with a phisycal bell one, and I find that w/o the conduit, he wouldn't pass.
And that counting that he played amazing, flowing smoothly through the scenarios.

The first non season was a TR cold one I guess, but he changed it.
Or maybe the player was trolling, don't know.

Anyway, I read everywhere that the Lightning element is the more powerful of all, but I don't find the way to adecuate it as good enough to my game style I guess, cause I found it not so "high damage".
And I'm not the only one.

Fire is fun and strong for crowded fights, but at the time to shot 1 monster only (as the RG), it shows its weakness cause the lack of accuracy, it requires extremely precise positioning to hit the monster.

Cold one is nice, good critics, but happens something similar than fire.

Physical is my favorite at the moment.
Got Crowd control & damage can be buffed a lot from many sources at the same time.

Which is the best build right now?
That cold-TR/Flurry I don't think so.
Maybe I'm wrong.
Cold TR works well with cold EP and it's a usable spec that doesn't "require" any specific weapon.

Lightning pillar works well if you have a torch. Lightning deals 70% more damage than everything but holy.

Here's a video of bell's damage without clone or ability damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Xvy9qA02A
12/18/2014 04:10 PMPosted by Schmii
Cold TR works well with cold EP and it's a usable spec that doesn't "require" any specific weapon.

Lightning pillar works well if you have a torch. Lightning deals 70% more damage than everything but holy.

Here's a video of bell's damage without clone or ability damage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Xvy9qA02A

Hi there!

Interesting video, I did similar experiments through the last 2 weeks versus Ghom too.
The guy at the video is not playing correctly the fire and cold bells.
Shooting on the monster won't cause high damage, they must be shooted far from the monster to get the better results.

Cause with fire, the high damage is done by the little clones and not from the Bell itself.

And with cold the main damage is done by the wave that comes from the Bell and not from the Bell itself.

He takes more than 30 seconds to kill Ghom there.
That's a lot of time.
But thanks for your answer !
GR health will be reduced ~20% by the time 2.1.2 goes live (per J.Yang) so expect fully ancient seasonal monks to be +2 GR or so.
DH's caught up to Monks, both have hit GR 50 (even after DH's nerf) for Seasons on PTR.
I mean, at the end of the day, DH are still doing several times everyone else's damage. It's not particularly surprising.
Well this is post DH nerf. It was a significant nerf on PTR. I was able to clear GR 41 with only 1 legendary gem with 4 mins left pre nerf. Post nerf, I had some struggles to clear GR 39. on time. It was pretty obvious the sentry bonus was just too good to blizz and thus they had to nerf it.
SEASON 2 Update from 12-19
Barb - 47
Cru - 47
DH - 50 (+1)
Monk - 50 (+1) <<<< 1st -tied-
WD - 44
Wiz - 45
2p w/ Monk - 47 (GR52)
3p w/ Monk - 49 (GR54)
4p w/ Monk - 52 (GR56)

Team Dex @ 50 now. No movement in multiplayer

NoN-SEASON Update from 12-19
Barb - 49
Cru - 46
DH - 47
Monk - 47 <<<< 2nd -tied-
WD - 46
Wiz - 46 (+1)
2p w/ Monk - 43 (GR52)
3p w/ Monk - 47 (GR54)
4p w/ Monk - 48 (GR56)

Wiz+1!! 2p team gained 1 rank to 43..
This time of the year is simply crazy for my family ... as Nicho said, the changes look great and I have played the PTR enough to know what I do and do not need.

It's a bit disheartening that all the fun is to be had in seasons where I adamantly refuse to go but w/e! Hax is busy establishing Monk dominance there! :)

It's nice to see that despite doing such poor single-target DPS monks have been able to overcome that with incredible AoE thanks to the EP bracers.

Bell-swk is a little slow for my tastes but I think the spec as a whole is quite well rounded and opens up a lot of playstyle choice for our class.

I am looking forward to some potential innovation time once the changes go live.
Low single target ? LOL? Compared to what a M6 DH and that's about it ?