New patch contents Seasonal only?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Am I correct to assume that all the new contents meant for 2.1.2 will only be implemented for seasonal only, specifically season 2? i.e. Ancient legendary, New set items, New legendary etc?

Is there anything for people who doesn't like or play seasonal to look forward to for the new patch?
Only the xmogs and seasonal legendaries are exclusive. Everything else is game-wide.
11/15/2014 02:57 PMPosted by Heiðinn
Only the xmogs and seasonal legendaries are exclusive. Everything else is game-wide.

Source?

I'm hoping for a blue post to confirm this.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16607841/first-look-season-2-11-7-2014

It shows the seasonal exclusive content. Everything else also releases at 2.1.2, so if it's not exclusive its for all.

Blizzard stated the same thing before 2.1. Seasonal legendaries, xmogs, seasonal leaderboards, and seasonal achievements would be the only exclusives.
This is to get you to play seasons. To me, it's a waste. But, that's just me, if other like it, so be it.

But at the end of the season, all seasonal legs go public.
I think after every season, non seasonal should get these items as drops, especially since they keep making new stuff. D2 (yeah yeah) seldom makes new seasonal items, so it's justified not to give it to the non seasonal.
Nothing is set in stone until after the PTR so try it and give feedback.
11/15/2014 04:27 PMPosted by DyingFart
I think after every season, non seasonal should get these items as drops, especially since they keep making new stuff. D2 (yeah yeah) seldom makes new seasonal items, so it's justified not to give it to the non seasonal.

My understanding is that Seasonal items becomes available for non season players when the season ends.

At least, that's the way it went in during the 2.1.0 PTR.
Everything is so vague right now, it would be great if they can give us concrete info regarding the patch on which additions are seasonal only and which isn't.
11/15/2014 04:52 PMPosted by lailoken
11/15/2014 04:27 PMPosted by DyingFart

My understanding is that Seasonal items becomes available for non season players when the season ends.

At least, that's the way it went in during the 2.1.0 PTR.

From what I understand, I think the only missible thing for seasonal is the transmog and the banner customization, everything after the season ends gets roll over to normal games which includes things you earn during seasonal and things you CAN earn. i.e. the seasonal only legendaries will be added to the loot table for normal games so that they can drop on normal games after the season ends.
According to their official preview of season 2, all the new reworked/fixed legendaries will be taken out of the non-season pool and be season only. So basically the only new things non season players get is ancient weapons of non season only items.

Basically once season two drops if you want any of the fixed stuff it's seasons or GTFO. I've already decided on the latter of the two options, if they are only going to fix spells with items make those items not season only.
11/15/2014 05:04 PMPosted by Irvin
Everything is so vague right now, it would be great if they can give us concrete info regarding the patch on which additions are seasonal only and which isn't.

not so vague to be honest. they've always done it this way. think about it like this : all other patches prior to seasons launched new content. 2.1.0 launched new content and seasons. or 2.1.1 whatever. it went live all around. only things seasonally exclusive are transmog set and the seasonal legendaries. don't need a blue to explain that
Some of the new content coming in patch 2.1.2 - including new Treasure Goblins and Ancient Items - will be available to all heroes, regardless of whether they're Seasonal.

In addition, when Season 2 begins, Seasonal heroes will have a first crack at brand new Seasonal Legendary items (as well as a few existing Legendary items which have been updated with shiny new powers). The two new Legendary Gems that were announced at BlizzCon will also be Season-only, at least to start.

Just as a reminder: At the end of Season 2, all Seasonal Legendary items (including the new Legendary gems) will be rolled over into the non-Seasonal loot pool, at which point non-Seasonal heroes will also have access to them. The only items which are truly exclusive to Seasons are the Seasonal transmog appearances, new Conquests, and new banner rewards.

For more info on Season 2, you can check out our Season 2 preview blog here. Hope that answers your question, Irvin!
11/17/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Seasonal heroes will have a first crack at brand new Seasonal Legendary items (as well as a few existing Legendary items which have been updated with shiny new powers).

So, Non-seasonal Heroes able to obtain the Ancient titled Legendaries upon the next patch update?
The two new Legendary Gems that were announced at BlizzCon will also be Season-only, at least to start.

Well that sucks....................
11/17/2014 06:22 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
Seasonal heroes will have a first crack at brand new Seasonal Legendary items (as well as a few existing Legendary items which have been updated with shiny new powers).

So, Non-seasonal Heroes able to obtain the Ancient titled Legendaries upon the next patch update?

Some of the new content coming in patch 2.1.2 - including new Treasure Goblins and Ancient Items - will be available to all heroes, regardless of whether they're Seasonal.

lol..
outright horrible implementation have fun fending off the hordes of angry players in the coming week.s

wow

Dude do you even read?
11/17/2014 06:29 PMPosted by FallenDemon

wow

Dude do you even read?

lol
11/17/2014 06:27 PMPosted by Gadra
outright horrible implementation have fun fending off the hordes of angry players in the coming week.s

what is there to be angry about again?

they are giving a nice incentive to play seasons... which I actually like.

season 1 had almost no good chase legs to give me a reason to start over. with this news, I can actually crank up some seasons with my buds.

even if you are totally against playing seasons, you will still be able to get everything after the season is over... nothing to be angry about.