New patch contents Seasonal only?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
11/18/2014 02:15 PMPosted by mat82284
I play the forums more than the game especially with 2.1.2's announcement.

All that is, is an admission of trolling. Your "games" here are childish and unappreciated. If you don't like it, don't play, and don't come here to tell us about it.
dumbest decission ever...

most players play, to get loot for their main chars. because this game is about getting loot.

making BiS items ( like the one new legendary gem ) season only means screwing over all those players.

And the updated legendarys also season only? so what do we have? still useless items in the legendary roll slots?
New legendarys for season is fine. But to delay updates for everyones main chars. Without even getting profit for things like season passes or such things?

Aren't you getting it? This game is about getting loot to rofl-stomp through endgame. So let us get our FREAKING loot, dammit -.-

Also: To play season means to compete with everyone else who plays season. That's the reason behind seasons. Competition. Not loot. There is no over reason to play season but to be able to archieve the biggest e-!@#$% (<- e - p e n i s ) for the duration of said season. Which is fine. But don't try to argue to play it because of anything else. No one belives it.

11/17/2014 11:40 PMPosted by Bíglez
Why does seasons need an incentive to play?

It sucks that non-season have to wait longer for new/updated content. How about giving us an incentive to log on?

+1
I am waiting to see what and how this new patch is implemented. I think the devs need to be real careful with this next patch.

This game is close to flatlining. If they don't do enough to keep the players that are still playing and even bring a few back that left, I feel in my opinion this game will be a painful memory for a lot of players.

I refuse to play seasons and if the new gems are season2 only, I hate to say it but that will put the nail in the coffin for me.

This is a good game, but it could be a great game if the devs would stop making such horrible decisions.
11/18/2014 02:19 PMPosted by BurningRope
11/18/2014 02:15 PMPosted by mat82284
I play the forums more than the game especially with 2.1.2's announcement.

All that is, is an admission of trolling. Your "games" here are childish and unappreciated. If you don't like it, don't play, and don't come here to tell us about it.

Playing the forums is not an admission of trolling, your response however is. Your responding to a comment out of context. Until the game actually improves (itemization, end game, pvp would be nice) and actually lives up to the diablo name ill be on the forums posting my concerns just as anyone else does. Just because you don't agree with the D2 fan boys and hate that were still around doesnt mean you've gained all the rights to voice your concerns with this game. We still have that right and nothing will stop that.

I'm also waiting for the day blizzard stops putting a time limit on our builds. They might as well come out and say it, "Main idea of Diablo: Epic heroes and the promise of epic loot. --. All epic heroes and epic loots only last one patch long."
11/17/2014 06:17 PMPosted by Tyvalir
In addition, when Season 2 begins, Seasonal heroes will have a first crack at brand new Seasonal Legendary items (as well as a few existing Legendary items which have been updated with shiny new powers). The two new Legendary Gems that were announced at BlizzCon will also be Season-only, at least to start.

So will there be any new items coming to non season? It's great and all to fix spells entirely through items but you could at least not make those items season only. Going back and still fixing items that should have been fixed in loot 2,0 should not be season only gear.

P.S. Hellrack was specifically mentioned in the loot 2.0 mission statement, any chance on actually changing/fixing it so we don't keep saying "Not another @$!$@! Hellrack"?
The two new Legendary Gems that were announced at BlizzCon will also be Season-only, at least to start.

Can anyone please explain this inebriated decision to me.
I can't wait till 2.1.2 comes out. I look forward to taking advantage of these new treasure goblins. They should also make goblins for specific seasons of the year - like Pumpkin Goblin for Halloween, Elf Goblin for Christmas, Turkey goblin for Thanksgiving, and Cupid goblin for valentines day - and they should also appear in game during non-"celebratory" periods as well - but very rarely. They should also drop some epic loot - legendaries in particular. I am not too certain about drop types, but Halloween can feature some never-before revealed legendaries and as always, tons of gold, crafting materials and gems. Turkey goblin can feature weird legendaries and items for that specific season of the year.

Any other ideas are welcome as well.
Some of the new content coming in patch 2.1.2 - including new Treasure Goblins and Ancient Items - will be available to all heroes, regardless of whether they're Seasonal.

In addition, when Season 2 begins, Seasonal heroes will have a first crack at brand new Seasonal Legendary items (as well as a few existing Legendary items which have been updated with shiny new powers). The two new Legendary Gems that were announced at BlizzCon will also be Season-only, at least to start.

Just as a reminder: At the end of Season 2, all Seasonal Legendary items (including the new Legendary gems) will be rolled over into the non-Seasonal loot pool, at which point non-Seasonal heroes will also have access to them. The only items which are truly exclusive to Seasons are the Seasonal transmog appearances, new Conquests, and new banner rewards.

For more info on Season 2, you can check out our Season 2 preview blog [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16607841/first-look-season-2-11-7-2014"]here[/url]. Hope that answers your question, Irvin!

(as well as a few existing Legendary items which have been updated with shiny new powers)

Sorry if this is an obvious thing, I am just curious, does that mean only players which are playing the season will get access to the updated legendary powers? If that is true, then I think thats not really great.
Season only loot seems to cater to FOTM players, they claim they just want a fresh start but really the want to feel special with season only items otherwise this would be a non issue to them.

I wonder what they would think if the new sets were hardcore only and only after the season could non HC have a shot at getting. How many season only loot people would be for that, or would they instead know how it feels for their chars to feel worthless endgame?

A nice weapon or armor piece for season only is one thing. However set items and must have build items like the new skull grasp being season only is a slap in the face to people who have played this game since release without quitting for long periods of time.
11/17/2014 08:50 PMPosted by Kallizk
Does it mean the new wizard slow time set is also season only?

The new Set items shown during our BlizzCon panel are currently designed to be available to all heroes, regardless of whether they are Seasonal. That said, I do want to clarify that these items will not be coming in patch 2.1.2; they’re scheduled to arrive in a later patch (no date to share just yet).

11/17/2014 08:25 PMPosted by smokeypoo
So to clarify, older legendaries that are getting changes (Wormwood, Gungdo Gear) aren't getting retroactively changed, like The Furnace did?

Correct. For any Legendary items in patch 2.1.2 that are getting a new Legendary power, the old version will not retroactively have the new powers added.
11/18/2014 06:20 PMPosted by Tyvalir

The new Set items shown during our BlizzCon panel are currently designed to be available to all heroes, regardless of whether they are Seasonal. That said, I do want to clarify that these items will not be coming in patch 2.1.2; they’re scheduled to arrive in a later patch (no date to share just yet).

So to clarify, older legendaries that are getting changes (Wormwood, Gungdo Gear) aren't getting retroactively changed, like The Furnace did?

Correct. For any Legendary items in patch 2.1.2 that are getting a new Legendary power, the old version will not retroactively have the new powers added.

But will the new Wormwood and Gungdo be exclusive to seasons? i.e. my current jade doctor won't be able to enjoy the new poison build until after S2, sometime in the middle of 2015?

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I was wanting to sling the new slow time wiz so badly though : CRY :

happy for the new content, but that is very sad news for me :(
So apparently the new areas AND the new sets will all be in a future patch and this new patch will be:
rift balance
/treasure goblins
/ancient items
/3 new season only legendary items (old legs redone)
/all other announced season 2 content
/new rift maps
/and two new legendary gems that are for season only to start.

All the other super cool stuff including new areas/monsters/and items, we'll need to wait for it...

EDIT: After reading patch notes it appears I was right about sets, they are not seasonal. Two sets, one for Monk and one for Demon Hunter, are redesigned for better gameplay/balance. Unless they choose to add more during the PTR (doubtful since they say it won't take long), this is all we'll see for new items for now(not counting ancient and seasonal items). Most of the content is well beyond the next patch (and current PTR).

So if I read the following correctly, non-seasonal players won't get access to the updated legendaries that already exist until the end of Season 2, yes?

That really really rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure it does for a great many others too, because from what you said, that means that a lot of legendaries are effectively removed from the non-seasonal pool completely until the end of Season 2, which is a horrible thing to do to your players.
I just got dome playing the new 2.1.2 PTR for 5 hours and after playing all the classes hahahaha DIOS MIO! I'm done playing Diablo 3. I just... ( deeeeeeeeep sight) nor words at all, Blizz does know how to make good game even worst (POS). Please just keep it the way it is in 2.0.1 and they kill M6 so bad now is the worst tier ever. Good job Blizz, never stop surprising me.
11/18/2014 07:39 PMPosted by TheTias
That really really rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure it does for a great many others too, because from what you said, that means that a lot of legendaries are effectively removed from the non-seasonal pool completely until the end of Season 2, which is a horrible thing to do to your players.

Depends on how you look at it.

The legendaries that are being removed aren't good in their current state, so your chances of getting a different, more desirable legendary in nonseasonal for the time being are increased.

Personally, I don't mind seasonal-exclusive things, but I can see how some people would dislike being forced to play the mode to try out the new, fun toys.
11/18/2014 06:30 PMPosted by Tolgeros

But will the new Wormwood and Gungdo be exclusive to seasons? i.e. my current jade doctor won't be able to enjoy the new poison build until after S2, sometime in the middle of 2015?

Read like 2 posts up where they say it wont be on seasons only....
I mean to say 2.1.1 not 2.0.1

What about the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set for Monks? The redesign isn't in the PTR, but that's the set I was most excited about testing out.
Sorry, 3 redone sets and not 2. The third is for the wizard.

The Undisputed Champion, Gungdo Gear, Wormwood. These 3 items are seasonal only. It seems they've doubled the seasonal legendary items with:
-Belt of the Trove
-Odyssey's End
-Ranslor's Folly

These are class specific. So it does appear they are holding back on non-seasonal more but it's not nearly as bad as people thought from the blue post earlier.