[2.1.2] Vengeful Wind Build! [GR48]

Monk
Looking at the GR leaderboards, a VW+Az'T combination tops out at GR48.

Physical Build = Quickening / FiW / Bladestorm / Fire Ally / Wall of Wind and Mythic R.

Items = VW+Az'T, Sunwuko 3, Inna 2, WH, Gungdo, Crudest

Looks like a generator + spender spam! <3
Imagines a world where Sweeping wind is boosted by SWK....
12/01/2014 04:22 AMPosted by wage
Imagines a world where Sweeping wind is boosted by SWK....

It'd be a blessing.
Sounds delish! So we all have to play seasons now?
Bleh, and here i was trying to use VW in Season 1.
With Inna 2.2 reworkingI think VW may end up having a chance to be BiS! So don't shard them when they start dropping!
Looks like INVIS (UK) has completed GR49 also using a physical vengeful wind build.

Interestingly in NON-Season. So clearly thinking outside the box. Weird things happen if you actually play the game!
Do we have vids for any of those? I've tried the build/items above in PTR and I could barely get something T6 doable.
It doesn't seem to generate enough spirit or have enough RG kill power.

Also in my opinion, WH seems like an odd choice as an Inna belt would add the all mantra bonus, I believe the 10% aura dmg bonus from MoC would beat the WD bonus plus the extra survivability.
12/08/2014 06:51 PMPosted by iFail
Do we have vids for any of those? I've tried the build/items above in PTR and I could barely get something T6 doable.
It doesn't seem to generate enough spirit or have enough RG kill power.

Also in my opinion, WH seems like an odd choice as an Inna belt would add the all mantra bonus, I believe the 10% aura dmg bonus from MoC would beat the WD bonus plus the extra survivability.

No vids, though you could always ask the guy if he's playing online on PTR. I find most folks are 3000% nicer when not talking through a forum medium <3

Oddly, this typically ends up being very untrue.

10% mantra damage is additive with all other buffs and most monks run in the range of 50% damage from skills/items.

This means that instead of giving 10%, MoC gives 1.6/1.5 = 6.67%.

WH, on the other hand, gives whatever total DPS it says it does as long as the IAS stat is effectively used (it is perfectly used by SW!) and WH can often be worth anywhere from 8 to 12% total damage.

<3
You're so smart Druin, monks be lucky at least in that aspect :)

Oddly, this typically ends up being very untrue.

10% mantra damage is additive with all other buffs and most monks run in the range of 50% damage from skills/items.

This means that instead of giving 10%, MoC gives 1.6/1.5 = 6.67%.

WH, on the other hand, gives whatever total DPS it says it does as long as the IAS stat is effectively used (it is perfectly used by SW!) and WH can often be worth anywhere from 8 to 12% total damage.

<3

Yeah.. pretty much why I hate the fact that MoR still sucks so bad as an offensive mantra.. they need to fix that already dear god.. the combined offensive mantras should give more overall dps then a 2 piece inna (used primarily just for low sweeping wind cost) + WH.. At least it gives you a lot of defensive bonuses having quad mantra haha..
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know the MoC was addictive. I will try it once more.
I've an Ancient Veng, Ancient AZ & Anc Sun keeper to throw in the mix. I will play around more.
last time I was short on the dps specially vs RG when there were no trash mobs around for me to put a palm on.

Sometimes I get build or playstyle wrongly hence why I requested the Video. For example I was trying the TR:Flurry and I found it "Meh" and decide to stop TR'ing, and that's when I saw a 1.1bi crit on the screen and I was "Oh... so that's how it works"
Yes. Most "top" monks probably looked at the #1 Korean monks using TR and assumed they were trolling using THAT daibo, or THAT gem, when in reality maximizing Flurry burst is the hidden technique that will probably be common sense after a video is out. Kind of like the Shatterpalm connection.