Please dont make gungdo gear seasons only =/

Monk
sigh blizzard.
Seriously.. It's make no sense to make one of existing base build item for monk season specific, when all other builds for all other classes can be made on non-season servers. It's makes all monks are hostages of only one chair because of which they must play on season servers.
Please note - it's about changes of existing items.
So says crusaders and the condemn shield... Suck it up buttercup
I had this same debate today in Monk Temple community chat (EU). Wish I could reach Druin so he could take this plead further (spice it up in green curry ^^).

I feel this is Blizzard setting a bad precedent. Lemme explain:

I'm all for discarded legendaries getting revamped. It doesn't clog up loot tables (no need to add new legendaries into table which further reduces % to get our target desired items).

But when why did Gungdo receive the season-only drop revamp?
Counters: Leoric's Crown, Vigilante Belt, Crudest Boots, Eternal Union ring; available in all modes.

12/15/2014 11:44 AMPosted by thugh
So says crusaders and the condemn shield... Suck it up buttercup

Frydehr's Wrath was a complete new item, new skin, addition to the loot table. You forgot that monk's seasonal only item was Vengeful Wind fist weapon. So please don't insult before doing your research.

Existing legendary revamps should not be turned to season only drops (the new upcoming Band of Untold Secrets turning into Arlyse ring included).

The Gungdo season-only change is harsh; it sends a clear message: no point of playing our monks now anymore. No point farming gear, no point grinding paragons for those that were content of their current gear. No point of stacking crafting mats in hopes of Ancient gear crafting or hoarding gold for the rerolls. GungDo becomming season 2 only means none of those matter since none of it will be available, we all have to start from scratch.

Also bums me out that not only we have waited for quite some time for these 2.1.2 PTR rounds with still no end in sight, we have to wait for 2.1.2 to hit live and then again wait till Season 2 is announced.

I'm lucky I have other classes to play otherwise I'd simply not log on till Season 2 comes out. I highly doubt Blizzard would be in favor of such a rationale.

I will conclude with an emotional plead here:

For this whole season 1 period, non season and season monks we completely screwed over by the Bane of Trapped debacle. Monks already were behind in solo grifts, but Trapped working with SWK Decoy and Mirinae could really have helped us (I viewed it as #1 gem spot even if flavor-wise Miri is my favorite).
We have to wait for 2.1.2 to finally have it fixed, so would it be so unimaginably unreasonable for Blizzard to compensate by making Gungdo available to all monks, season 2 and non-seaon?
You all forget the 3 new legendary gems are SEASON ONLY.

That affects all classes, as most will use at least one of those 3 in high end GR. Stop complaining about things that can't or won't be changed.

Get 7-sided or Sweeping Wind added to Sunwuko. Better outlet for all this text!
I am personally pretty excited that it is season only. There are a lot of monks in my clan and so few even leveled a toon in season 1.
12/16/2014 03:54 AMPosted by Heisenberg
All new usable gems drops on non-season
12/18/2014 08:06 AMPosted by InsuranceGuy
I am personally pretty excited that it is season only. There are a lot of monks in my clan and so few even leveled a toon in season 1.

All other classes have all they needs off season to build their builds for 40-50+ grifts and only monks should play on season... Everyone I know (who playing on season right now), do not want to play the season anymore after 2.1.2. So if i want to play by monk in new season i doomed do it in solo w/o my friends.
12/19/2014 12:34 AMPosted by ZloVreD
All new usable gems drops on non-season

Have you played on the PTR? The new LPS and damage reduction gems are pretty awesome so I would disagree.

All other classes have all they needs off season to build their builds for 40-50+ grifts and only monks should play on season

The leaderboards would suggest that the impact is only ~2 Grift levels, either way you're going to replace all of your current items with Ancient equivalents.
As much as I wish this would happen, I think this is exactly the kind of response Blizz is hoping for from the seasons legendaries.

The whole idea is to make it realllly appealing to play seasons and this is exactly what these bracers do!
Sadly I think the bracers are too good, that by the time they reach non-seasons, I think they will be nerfed from applying EP to all enemies caught, to just 2 (like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blade-of-prophecy was...)
12/19/2014 06:48 AMPosted by Heisenberg
Sadly I think the bracers are too good, that by the time they reach non-seasons, I think they will be nerfed from applying EP to all enemies caught, to just 2

That would be kinda hilarious...if the non-season-chars could never achieve the same GRift as season-chars because they nerf it...

But on the other hand they would probably buff something as compensation, so I#M not to worried about that...
they should stay season only.

can see post count now Kreygasm
12/19/2014 06:48 AMPosted by Heisenberg
Sadly I think the bracers are too good, that by the time they reach non-seasons, I think they will be nerfed from applying EP to all enemies caught, to just 2 (like http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/blade-of-prophecy was...)

BoP has always worked like that. It wasn't a nerf, it was clarifying the tooltip.
Just for this one piece of gear I would be happy to do seasons 2 . I did not play one at all.

As for monks in general I think some of the upcoming changes are good. Play with what you have and stop worrying about what you don't.

Personally I still play monk in live often and still enjoy it.
I've decided I'm rolling Monk for S2, but I only do HC seasonal characters so this should be interesting. The new bracer, gems and the changes to SWK in general have compelled me to roll with it when S2 starts!
The good part is Gungdo is a common rarity bracer (still) so gambling it will be fairly easy, even to get an ancient one. Crudest Boots was changed to Monk-only last patch and didn't change its rarity for reference.
season only ? why not but ... 6 month long season like the this one ? hell no
season should be 3months max :/

That affects all classes, as most will use at least one of those 3 in high end GR. Stop complaining about things that can't or won't be changed.

Get 7-sided or Sweeping Wind added to Sunwuko. Better outlet for all this text!

7SS?... You do know it locks you in an animation which blocks all other abilities from being used, doesn't allow Sweeping Wind to hit, and basically is trash compared to LTK or WoL?

Granted, the spirit cost proc for it made far more sense than limiting it to abilities (other than LTK or WoL) which cause you to be locked in an animation (CS), completely remove auto-attacks (TR), or only matter prior to Rift Guardians (EP).