Stop removing poison from the game.

General Discussion
Some of us actually like to use that element when we're not playing a witch doctor.
11/27/2014 04:12 PMPosted by Swampllama
Some of us actually like to use that element when we're not playing a witch doctor.

Too late. They removed it from Demon Hunters. Completely destroyed a good build I had for no obvious reason. Witch Doctor are now the only poison makers in the game, which is just ridiculous.
ya i was jus wondering the other day why no chars have poison dmg...well not so much the other day, but back wen i played and id get posion sojs that rolled dex and stuff
11/27/2014 04:22 PMPosted by Halcyon
11/27/2014 04:12 PMPosted by Swampllama

Too late. They removed it from Demon Hunters. Completely destroyed a good build I had for no obvious reason. Witch Doctor are now the only poison makers in the game, which is just ridiculous.

who ever heard of poison tipped arrows. i mean just the thought of it is ridiculous. /sarc
There is another thread complaining that there are too many elements.

Oh you boys.
11/27/2014 04:22 PMPosted by Halcyon
Classes don't need 5 different elements. It stifles one of the elements. 4 offers a good mix of variety while allowing a healthy selection of different rune types.

Monks are in a similar boat, and should lose one of their elements as well.
TBH, elements other than cold just feel irrelevant. The fact cold opens compelling synergy opportunities (bane of the trapped, specifically). Why can't other elements open a path to synergize with items/skills based on certain effects? It would be much better if they added some actual functionality to the different types of damage. For instance:

Fire: Apply a strong, short DoT with a chance to panic (fear) enemies.
Arcane: Chance to confuse enemies
Holy: Chance to proc a defensive shield with a chance to drastically enhance your life regen for a few seconds.
Poison: Apply a longer DoT, with a chance to drastically cripple the enemy (slow potential less consistent than cold, but stronger).
Cold: Slow enemies, with a chance to freeze.
Lightning: Amplify subsequent damage slightly, with a chance to stun.
Physical: Chance to apply bleed damage based on weapon damage.

Very rough ideas, but hopefully the purpose is clear.
Element doesnt matter noobs, poison has no real effect. Its just a name.