Diablo Universe Tabletop RPG in the works.

Community Creations
Hey all, I decided one day that I want to put in the elbow grease and convert the diablo universe into a D20 system very similar to the Dungeons and Dragons system. In fact I am borrowing a lot of information/sources from the aforementioned to make this dream of mine come true.
It is definitely a lot of work, but I feel it is worth doing.
Quick points:
1. Why?
I feel the Diablo universe is very rich in lore and to be honest I love it all. I love tabletop RPGs and I feel there is substance in the lore enough to merit all the hard work I am embarking on.

2. How?
I have studied a lot of the source material involving the Diablo lore by reading books, short stories, in-game literature, novels, watching videos (such as the blizz con lore panel), and many more. I have also played many different tabletop RPG games, thus I believe I have what it takes to put something together.

3.When?
Not sure really, I don't have enough free time to fully commit myself to this project. But, I do have enough time to put something together that will merit the title of tabletop RPG.

4.Who?
I am a fan just like you guys, and I am no better than anyone else out there when it comes to these matters. Whether this takes off or not doesn't really matter to me. My goal is to accomplish this project and if my friends and I are the only ones playing the game, then so be it.

I want to share this project with the community and I would like as many people involved as possible. I believe that the Diablo world is now all of ours. We have spent countless hours enveloped in the games from the beginning, and we have fond memories connected to the game as well. This project is completely non-profit and I am not looking for any kind of recognition. I just wanted to put it out there, and if anyone is interested they can be a part of it.

In the next post is a sample of one of the classes I have worked on (first draft mind you). I hope this gives you an idea of what the game will be about.

RUNDOWN

Classes:
MONK
WITCH DOCTOR
BARBARIAN
DEMON HUNTER
CRUSADER
PALADIN (Knight of Westmarch)
NECROMANCER
DRUID
ASSASSIN
AMAZON
ROGUE
IRON WOLF MERCENARY (possibly)

MAIN STATS
Strength
-block, lift, intimidate, parry

Dexterity
-dodge, parry, acrobatics, reflex

Intelligence
-perception, knowledge, wisdom, crafting

Vitality
-health, resistance, endurance,

Charisma
-barter, persuasion, magnetism

SECONDARY STATS
Corruption (evil is everywhere, and temptation knocks at your door)
-effected from deeds
-effects alignment
-effects character development
-effects reputation
-effected by classes

Reputation (people notice you calling down hammers from the sky)
-effected from deeds
-effected from gossip
-can effect charisma
-effects interactions

Classes will have feats, much like D&D (very similar). And every day, you must equip your powers.
At lvl 1.
You can equip one of each
AT WILL POWER (resource generators, minor attacks)
ENCOUNTER POWER (resource spenders that do damage) OR UTILITY POWERS (resource spenders that do not do damage ie: the monk's blind)
DAILY POWERS (passives)

Let me know what you guys think and if you are interested in being involved. I plan to stream our first game on twitch or as a podcast in the future.
Thank you all for your time.
DEMON HUNTER SKILLS
AT-WILL POWERS:
1. HUNGERING ARROW: Your attack pierces the enemy through 1 more square if the player successfully passes piercing check [DC 13]. (critical hits pierce the enemy 2 squares without having to make a check).
2. ENTANGELING SHOT: Your attack slows an enemy's movement speed by half until the end of their next round. (critical hits immobilize the enemy for 1 round)
3. BOLAS: At the start of the enemies next turn the bola explodes doing your attack damage in a 1 square burst with a bonus damage modifier of +2. (critical hits cause bolas to explode instantly)
4. EVASIVE FIRE: If an enemy is in melee with you, your successful attack allows you to move 1 square away without using any extra action points. (critical hits allow you to evade equal to your max movement speed)
5. GRENADE: Throw three grenades at up to three adjacent enemies. Split the damage of your attack equally between enemies with a bonus damage modifier of +3. (critical hits do full damage equally to all chosen enemies).

ENCOUNTER POWERS:
1. IMPALE (1/ENCOUNTER): Pierce your enemy 4 squares straight doing 1D8+DEX.
2. RAPID FIRE(2/ENCOUNTER): Continually fire arrows at up to 4 adjacent enemies doing a 1D8+DEX MOD.
3. CHAKRAM (3/ENCOUNTER): Fire a chakram at your opponent damaging them for 1D8+DEX MOD and all adjacent enemies for 1D4+DEX MOD.
4. ELEMENTAL ARROW (3/ENCOUNTER): Fire an arrow imbued with any element of your choosing. This arrow lingers in the occupied space of the enemy doing 2D6+DEX MOD for 2 rounds to all adjacent enemies.
5. FAN OF KNIVES (2/ENCOUNTER): Do a burst of damage around you of 2D6+DEX.
6. SPIKE TRAP (2/ENCOUNTER): Drop an unseen trap that deals 2D8+DEX MOD to the enemy that triggers it. Enemies must make a stun check [DC 13]
7. SENTRY (2/ENCOUNTER): For 2 turns a sentry does your basic attack damage to the nearest enemy.
8. VENGEANCE (1/ENCOUNTER): For 3 turns gain a +5 to all your modifiers, and your attacks hit all enemies on the battlefield.
9. STRAFE (3/ENCOUNTER): Do 1D8+DEX MOD to an enemy and move up to 3 squares in any direction.
10. MULTISHOT (2/ENCOUNTER): Fire a broad volley of arrows in a 1-2-3-4 pyramid square pattern forward from your position. Do 2D6+DEX MOD damage.
11. CLUSTER ARROW (2/ENCOUNTER): Fire an exploding cluster of arrows at the target enemy doing 2D8+DEX, and 1D4+DEX MOD to all enemies adjacent.
12. RAIN OF VENGEANCE (1/ENCOUNTER): Fire a volley of arrows into the sky that rain down on your enemies in a 4x4 square grid for 3 turns. Any enemies caught in the grid take 1D12+DEX MOD damage.

UTILITY POWERS:
1. CALTROPS (3/ENCOUNTER): Drop a caltrop on your current square. Enemies that walk over the caltrop trigger it causing them to make a balance check (DC 16). If they fail, their movement speed is halved, and they gain a -2 penalty to all acrobatic and balance checks for 2 turns.
2. SMOKE SCREEN (2/ENCOUNTER): Use a full turn to gain immunity to a single attack and move 1 sq away. This encounter power may be declared during an enemy attack.
3. SHADOW POWER (2/ENCOUNTER): Gain a damage bonus modifier of +4 and heal yourself equal to your DEX MOD for each enemy attacked.
4. VAULT (4/ENCOUNTER): Leap across the battlefield equal to your max movement speed without incurring any attacks of opportunities. [DC 10]
5. PREPERATION (1/ENCOUNTER): Allows you to take another full turn with a +4 bonus to all modifiers.
6. MARKED FOR DEATH (2/ENCOUNTER): Mark an opponent causing them to take double damage until the end of their turn.
7. COMPANION (1/ENCOUNTER): Call upon an animal of the wilds to aid you in battle. Your companion's health points are equal to yours and all your stats are half of yours. Enemies adjacent to your companion must attack them or they incurr a penalty of of -5 to all their modifiers.

DAILY POWERS:
1. THRILL OF THE HUNT: For turns equal to your DEX MOD, all your attacks immobilize enemies for 2 turns.
2. TACTICAL ADVANTAGE: For turns equal to your DEX MOD-1, using Vault, Smoke Screen, or Evasive Fire doubles your movement speed and gives you a +3 to your DEX MOD.
3. BLOOD VENGEANCE: If you are healed, this power may be declared. Blood Vengeance restores 2 encounter/utility powers by 1.
4. STEADY AIM: For turns equal to your DEX MOD-1, as long as an enemy is 3 squares away, gain a +4 to your DEX modifier.
5. CULL OF THE WEAK: For turns equal to your DEX MOD-1, any enemy under a control impairing effect recieves 50% more damage rounded down.
6. NIGHT STALKER: When performing a criticla hit, declare this daily power and restore 3 of your encounter/utility powers by 1.
7. BROODING: Gain 2 healing surges that can be used immediately upon activatoin of this power.
8. HOT PURSUIT: For turns equal to your DEX MOD, after successfully hitting an enemy, your movement speed is doubled.
9. ARCHERY: For turns equal to your DEX MOD, your bow attacks gain a modifier of +4.
10. NUMBING TRAPS: For turns equal to your DEX MOD, enemies hit with Fan of Knives, Spike Trap, Caltrops, Grenades, and Sentry fire incurr a -4 penalty to all their modifiers.
11. PERFECTIONIST: Restore 1 encounter/utility power by 1 and gain 6 AC for turns equal to your DEX MOD.
12. CUSTOM ENGINEERING: Increase the duration of your Caltrops, Marked for Death, Spike Trap, and Sentry by 100%. Must be declared before the beginning of your turn and lasts for 2 turns.
13. GRENADIER: For turns equal to your DEX MOD, Grenade attack damage is increased with a +5 damage modifier and the ammount of enemies you can target is increased to 5.
14. SHARPSHOOTER: For turns equal to your DEX MOD-1, critical hits can be accomplished from a roll of 18-20.
15. BALLISTICS: For turns equal to your DEX MOD, Grenades and Bolas send shrapnel across the map homing in on all enemies. Damage is equal to half the damage dealt by a successful Bola or Grenade attack.
16. AMBUSH: If you roll highest in an initiative roll, declare this power and take 2 full turns and gain a +4 bonus to all modifiers.
17. AWARENESS: If you are at 25% or less of your maximum hit points, declare this power and cast smoke screen for free. Additionally you may move away up to your maximum movement speed at no cost.
18. SINGLE OUT: Declare this power at the beginning of your turn and choose an enemy that is at least 2 squares away from another enemy. Your next attack against this enemy is a guaranteed critical hit. This enemy is now marked and recieves 50% more damage from all enemies until the end of their turn.
This seems interesting.

I, too, am very fond of Tabletop RPGs, and it looks like you've accomplished quite a bit so far.

Would you be interested in collaborating on this? I have been looking to do the same thing, oddly enough, and obviously this thread caught my eye!

I've been having issues figuring out how to translate some of the Skills (currently starting working on the Barbarian using the D20 system) from D3 into d20. Specifically, some just seem a little too complex and/or number crunchy. The trick, I think, is figuring out how to keep the SPIRIT of the Skill alive without overcomplicating things.

I would like to create a near-replica of Diablo 3 in tabletop form. So, Heroes get to choose 1 Primary Skill, 1 Secondary Skill, 3 Passives...etc.

Anywho, feel free to get back to me on this. Definitely interested, just a little stuck on my end. Maybe I can pick your brain a pick!
Awsome...i have no word...
Great work.
You may also want to take a look at the D2 rpg for second edition d&d. It is very op for the base game, but it may give you some ideas to work with.
First off, what your doing is rad. Keep it up.
you should compile them all into a pdf. It makes things more tidy.
I've got the dnd diablo books, so if you need any insight into how those work let me know.
I know it's 3 years late but how is the project coming along?

Rob

d3_g4m3r@yahoo.com
Hey,

I am an RPG setting and system enthusiast. I have created a new system for WoW and currently thinking on Diablo.

Since you posted 3 years ago, I presume that you stopped working on it. But if you feel like the Diablo flame inside you lit again but the work is too much, together it will be a lot easier. I can happily help you.

holtius@gmail.com
I was thinking about running a Diablo campaign using either Warhammer Fantasy or Shadow of the Demon Lord. I have yet to try out either system, so I was curious if someone around here knew anything about them or if I should use another system for it.