PTR DH maruader nerf incoming

Demon Hunter
11/20/2014 04:23 PMPosted by METATRON

Haha. Every other leaderboard will top out mid 40s, while barb gets into the 60s. Well played, blizz.

i expect the pitch forks to come out after barbs next, seems like blizz does want all classes to cap off around mid 40's

I think this hasn't happened yet because people were hoping for other classes to be somehow brought up closer to barbs in terms of power in these new GRs. Also, because somehow, I think, a nerf to barbs now, after recently destroying the class would feel out of place. Bad timing and all. But after the recent announced changes to the new M6, all hope is lost.

If toning down fun is the path they chose (everything indicates that right now), then barbs will definitely be receiving the nerf bat next.
Did anyone else happen to notice that they are only "considering" it? Not only that but the sentrys would become the 4 piece bonus and not the 6 piece. That can open up other avenues and gearing choices. I think its a great idea and quite frankly a very refreshing one.
11/20/2014 05:06 PMPosted by ulostface
Did anyone else happen to notice that they are only "considering" it? Not only that but the sentrys would become the 4 piece bonus and not the 6 piece. That can open up other avenues and gearing choices. I think its a great idea and quite frankly a very refreshing one.

Really?! Blizz Con was about a week ago...when they considered changing M6...BAM! A week later it's in the PTR.
11/20/2014 05:30 PMPosted by Honiidu
11/20/2014 05:06 PMPosted by ulostface

Really?! Blizz Con was about a week ago...when they considered changing M6...BAM! A week later it's in the PTR.

They are considering making changes to the current set order and damage modifiers on the current PTR build. A new sentry 4 piece bonus sounds very promising despite all the qq all over the forums. Most of the qq comes from the bandwagon DH anyway. The ones that like to play whatever build is the flavor of the month.
11/20/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Lucon
Lol its not a nerf, since you have to fire yourself anyway for your sentry to fire spenders.
Its an overall buff, since you will be less dependent on sentry placement for dishing out damage.
It also closes the gap between kridershot and non-kridershot build.

The only people who hate this change are people who like the previous drop and hide playstyle.

*edit*

You can also have the companion bonus at ONLY 2 set equipped, which opens up a lot of build.
Im loving this change since my strafe build is very dependent on the companion bonus.

how is it not a nerf..?

say if u have 3 sentries out. so when u fire, 4 shots in total r being fired. 3 of them doing 100%+ dmg. comparing to now, 4 shots fired, only 1 shot has 100% dmg. it's a complete nerf......plus as long as u use sentries with m6. kridershot would always be the best to use. .

Edit: so i went ahead and read a blue post, so for Every sentry out u get an additional 100%, hmm idk anymore, but against reflect it's still a nerf
For those short sighted enough to say its not a nerf, do you expect to deal that dmg on rift gaurdians , reflect dmg mobs when sentries is only a small shadow of what your fire since you can't just fire at a wall anymore but be killed on RF. (think outside of just crunching numbers )
GG

This also destroys build diversity everyone will just wear bombadiers now.
See some sense.
11/20/2014 04:23 PMPosted by METATRON

Haha. Every other leaderboard will top out mid 40s, while barb gets into the 60s. Well played, blizz.

i expect the pitch forks to come out after barbs next, seems like blizz does want all classes to cap off around mid 40's

They need to leave room for expansions and a increased level cap or 2.
11/20/2014 03:26 PMPosted by METATRON
11/20/2014 03:24 PMPosted by Animus716
lol.... we literally got straight up lied to. Like right to our faces.

This is so audacious it's funny.

Peace out M6. :P

its not the first time DH have this happen to them, its always this class that pays the highest price

Try talking to some wizards.
To be fair, the current PTR marauders is pretty ridiculous. I just did a run, playing like crap since i havn't played D3 for like a month, and rolled a grift 41 in about 8 minutes while wearing the wrong stuff.
11/20/2014 09:12 PMPosted by Whitebeard
11/20/2014 03:26 PMPosted by METATRON

its not the first time DH have this happen to them, its always this class that pays the highest price

Wizards are the second most nerfed class in this games history but DH is by far the most nerfed the most called for nerfs and also has had the shortest lengths of being top class. Wiz had over a year of Cmwiz and awesome archon action I know I had a lvl 100 one way back in 1.08. Anyone who has played DH since launch knows they have had the most nerfs and the heaviest handed nerfs. So many builds have been completely destroyed it's hilarious lol
11/20/2014 03:37 PMPosted by Lucon
Lol its not a nerf, since you have to fire yourself anyway for your sentry to fire spenders.
Its an overall buff, since you will be less dependent on sentry placement for dishing out damage.
It also closes the gap between kridershot and non-kridershot build.

The only people who hate this change are people who like the previous drop and hide playstyle.

*edit*

You can also have the companion bonus at ONLY 2 set equipped, which opens up a lot of build.
Im loving this change since my strafe build is very dependent on the companion bonus.

I don't think your following the right progression. OP is saying they are nerfing the the PTR M6. Even the blue post say they are nerfing it.

11/20/2014 10:37 AMPosted by Nevalistis

Here's our latest anticipated changes, which will be coming to the next PTR patch:

• 2 Piece Bonus
    • Companion calls all companions to your side.
  • 4 Piece Bonus
    • Sentries cast your Hatred spender when you do.
  • 6 Piece Bonus
    • Your generators, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow deal 100% increased damage for every active Sentry.

This should bring the set's damage potential closer to what it currently provides on live, if not a bit better. Once again, thank you for your ongoing diligence in PTR testing!

The original PTR M6 was doing ridiculous damage so by making these changes the M6 will deal about the same amount of damage as the current M6 minus the autofiring obviously. They are nailing the coffin on the M6 DH.
11/20/2014 09:54 PMPosted by TianZi
To be fair, the current PTR marauders is pretty ridiculous. I just did a run, playing like crap since i havn't played D3 for like a month, and rolled a grift 41 in about 8 minutes while wearing the wrong stuff.

They nerfed greater rifts by about 10 so it's more like you did greater rift 31 lol
11/20/2014 10:06 PMPosted by METATRON

Wizards are the second most nerfed class in this games history but DH is by far the most nerfed the most called for nerfs and also has had the shortest lengths of being top class. Wiz had over a year of Cmwiz and awesome archon action I know I had a lvl 100 one way back in 1.08. Anyone who has played DH since launch knows they have had the most nerfs and the heaviest handed nerfs. So many builds have been completely destroyed it's hilarious lol

Yeah, it makes me sad. I'm basically in the camp now where they should just leave M6 alone and make that other set to placate the people who hate M6.

But, let's think back...
- Smokescreen duration reduced, cooldown added, then lengthened.
- Overall attack speed mod nerfs, which I'd argue hurt crossbows and their hatred regeneration the most.
- Bat regen changed from 3 to 1.
- Nether Tentacles only being able to hit once.
- Trail of Cinders being decent at one point.
- Discipline restoration of Nightstalker reduced, now soon to be redesigned entirely for Hatred exclusively.
- The fact Legacy Nat's was even a thing prior to Loot 2.0.
- Sharpshooter only affecting one Spike Trip if multiples were stacked and triggered simultaneously.
- Pets resetting Sharpshooter.
- Jagged Spikes losing its proc coefficient.
- Snapshotting Shadow Power for channeled skills going bye-bye.

...and probably some more I'm forgetting by virtue of time passed and it being late, thus brain no worky as good. I guess we could add other factors like our Legendary selection sucking, or more niche things like plinking mobs on lower levels of Tower of the Damned when cheesing A3 Inferno for i63 loot was the thing, sometimes with Tyrael. And I guess from the outside looking in, some might not think the above much, but some of those are pretty fundamental changes, nevermind some skills now being outright gone/redesigned. But if I had to peg the worst offender, it'd definitely be the IAS reduction, since it ties in to what I believe one of our bigger core issues of Hatred replenishment. The fact our sets are now multiplying damage significantly is also telling me our base skills need work to shift weight from those being a requirement to more of a luxury.

Oh well. Maybe I'll just bandwagon to something else since it'll probably be more helpful when playing with my friends.
11/21/2014 12:24 AMPosted by Saidosha
- Snapshotting Shadow Power for channeled skills going bye-bye.

That was the side effect of a bug. Heck, we even got a Blue to acknowledge, in the DH forum, that it was a bug.

At that point in time, you had to pop Gloom before you started your RF channeling. If you didn't, Gloom was not activated while you RF. The latter part, (SP not activating) was the bug. The former was an unanticipated side effect of said bug.
The lack of mobility thanks to having to fire to do damage hurts a lot. At least having a ton of damage meant you didn't have to fire for too long. Now if your damage amount per min is the same as current live, you are pretty much screwed for a dh because dh can't tank and will be 1 shotted in the upper rifts by even whites....