Is your gear ready for 2.1.2?!

Wizard
I think mine is :)
Holy crap! That is a nice SS!
I will be as soon as I get a CC/CHC/INT/IASorVIT TnT's and a WH. I already have a 2517 SS w/ lightning damage to run w/ EE :)
not sure wat do u mean by "ready"

ready for wat? T6? Greater rift?

Nothing has changed, only more FB / hydra bugs, and hydra "buffs" (lmao)

U wont be using that hydra build in T6, Apoc will still be the most efficient.
U wont be competitive in Grifts, since DH still out dmg wiz by factors of 2-3 even after PTR 2nd nerf.

So I guess ur ready to change from spamming apoc to spam hydras?
Doesn't matter, I play Seasons almost exclusively.
@CKbrah - no need to rain on the OPs parade, he's simply excited that he has the gear comp for the upcoming changes to Hydra. Let's be honest - T6 is a joke wearing FB with almost any variety of skills, & Wiz aren't trying to outdmg DH either - it's just not happening.

Personally, I'm pretty thrilled for 2.1.2 myself finding a SS I like that goes well with my TnTs (I prefer the Vit to IAS). I don't have any aspirations of being the absolute best Wiz around, but I enjoy my build.
My gear is ready: ready to be completely replaced with Ancient Legendaries, same as everyone else...
No doubt SS is fun.

Just wish DPS disparity wasn't so great between DH and wiz.
11/24/2014 07:58 AMPosted by Lion

I disagree.

You don't have hydra % on your chest/offhand, while you do have tri-taskers....they're probably about the worst possible ones you could've gotten with such low pet IAS, and both of your rings should have crit damage on them.
11/24/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Rexob
@CKbrah - no need to rain on the OPs parade, he's simply excited that he has the gear comp for the upcoming changes to Hydra. Let's be honest - T6 is a joke wearing FB with almost any variety of skills, & Wiz aren't trying to outdmg DH either - it's just not happening.

Personally, I'm pretty thrilled for 2.1.2 myself finding a SS I like that goes well with my TnTs (I prefer the Vit to IAS). I don't have any aspirations of being the absolute best Wiz around, but I enjoy my build.

So you agree with me.

Ur thrilled to spam hydras now instead of apoc?

I am just trying to understand what's genuinely making you guys excited. Since our role is not changing, we are still FB apoc T6 slaves.
It's fun to think you actually some of the better gear in the game. How many times do you see Furnace posts on the forums and everyone chimes in to congratulate players? Same concept - people enjoy the idea of having w/e is considered the top end gear, and SS + TnT going into 2.1.2 is looking like a powerful gear combo.

Sure gear could always be better, but players enjoy getting closer to whatever their ideal setup is. I'm happy with my gear, could it be better - absolutely - but you can pick apart every build. Does a player have perfect CHC & CHD in every slot etc?
11/24/2014 09:38 AMPosted by BDF
11/24/2014 07:58 AMPosted by Lion

I disagree.

You don't have hydra % on your chest/offhand, while you do have tri-taskers....they're probably about the worst possible ones you could've gotten with such low pet IAS, and both of your rings should have crit damage on them.

What about me sensei? On my wiz Ember.

Am I ready for dual snake domination?
11/24/2014 09:42 AMPosted by CKbrah

Lol...You just re rolled your shoulder & chest - I looked at your profile beforehand and you easily just dropped like 200k hp.
Top players will have top gear within weeks of patch. No need to be ready now since who knows what that really means.
11/24/2014 09:42 AMPosted by CKbrah

Not bad for a shakey snakey build, but you'll want an IAS %dmg sparker, and a SoJ with crit dmg instead of int.
DH will always out damage us. But DH will die 100% more than us as well..... as someone who plays both and are both well geared I can attest to it. I prefer wizard for the survivability attached to the class.
11/24/2014 11:23 AMPosted by chicane
DH will always out damage us. But DH will die 100% more than us as well..... as someone who plays both and are both well geared I can attest to it. I prefer wizard for the survivability attached to the class.

are u high?

wiz has has worst survival in game.

Why do you think Barbs roam 50s+ solo?
Why do you think Monks are used as zdps?
Why do you think saders are used as zdps?
Why do you think DHs can survive group grifts, and wizs can't?
Why do you think WDs can play zdps and wiz can't?

The logic goes like this.

Grift competitive play -->
DPS or Support?

route 1 - DPS
DH > Wiz, by a factor of 2-3.
Barb > Wiz , by a factor of 2-3.
Other clasees don't seem to be competitive!

route 2 - Support
WD = mandatory = Lockdowns
Sader = best secondary support = Massive dmg boost, hoarding,
Monk = next in line secondary support = dmg boost, hoarding.

Wiz = ???? no real dmg boost, no toughness, no hoarding, lags everyone out, breaks CC, dies all the time?
11/24/2014 01:11 PMPosted by CKbrah

Wiz = ???? no real dmg boost, no toughness, no hoarding, lags everyone out, breaks CC, dies all the time?

IDK why you even bother playing Wiz since obviously it's the worst class in the game by your synopsis. As a former DH player, I prefer my Wiz - you can see where DH remains my current highest played. Dropping turrets and running away is probably the single most boring play style, not that spamming Apoc is any better. I see plenty of DH die all of the time; even the most geared ones, b/c they're literally built for pure - raw - unadulterated dmg. Smoke Screen only goes so far, although if you're never really in combat to begin with - it's not really an issue.

I don't play to be the absolute best ZOMG Wiz - I play it b/c it's fun which is what the game is supposed to be about...

IDK why you even bother playing Wiz since obviously it's the worst class in the game by your synopsis. As a former DH player, I prefer my Wiz - you can see where DH remains my current highest played. Dropping turrets and running away is probably the single most boring play style, not that spamming Apoc is any better. I see plenty of DH die all of the time; even the most geared ones, b/c they're literally built for pure - raw - unadulterated dmg. Smoke Screen only goes so far, although if you're never really in combat to begin with - it's not really an issue.

I don't play to be the absolute best ZOMG Wiz - I play it b/c it's fun which is what the game is supposed to be about...

wat?
wiz has has worst survival in game.

By a lot.

But 2 cheat deaths & Force armor means it could take 10+ hits to kill u !!!

Why do you think Barbs roam 50s+ solo?
Why do you think Monks are used as zdps?
Why do you think saders are used as zdps?
Why do you think DHs can survive group grifts, and wizs can't?
Why do you think WDs can play zdps and wiz can't?

The logic goes like this.

Grift competitive play -->
DPS or Support?

route 1 - DPS
DH > Wiz, by a factor of 2-3.
Barb > Wiz , by a factor of 2-3.
Other clasees don't seem to be competitive!

route 2 - Support
WD = mandatory = Lockdowns
Sader = best secondary support = Massive dmg boost, hoarding,
Monk = next in line secondary support = dmg boost, hoarding.

Tis true.