Diablo III - Finally!

General Discussion
- Normalize drops across all game "modes" (story, normal world in adventure mode, rifts).
- Turn GRifts into a way to level your legendary Gems only, no loot drops there at all.
- Bring back unlimited trading player to player (I dont care if joe buys his items on some site, hope he enjoys it)
- Bring back PvP by allowing hostile, where every player needs to agree that they are now attackable in game, if they dont click yes they are invincible to player attacks.
- Don't attempt to balance builds or gear for PvP, the community will find ways naturally to discover great builds and item/skill combinations that work for PvP but suck for PvM gear hunting and leveling
- Make white trash mobs drop items again for god sake
- Bosses, elite packs, unique monsters, again drop multiple items with high chance for set/legendary items (a boss can easily drop 2 or even 3 leg/set items
- Make some legendary items / sets very rare (and very powerful or very mechanically gamechanging, such as enigma)
- Zoom out camera a bit more (which will increase perceived quality, and increase oversight of the battlefield)
- Up players to max 6
- Mercs now follow into multiplayer games
- Mercs now can now equip more items (armors, Helmet)
- Bring back runes as drops
- Runewords
- Use for Ethereal/White Items (runewords)
- Jewels magic/rare/legendary/set (including rainbow facets (legendary))
- Charms 1x1 1x2 1x3 (Talisman that can hold a limited amount of charms and has a shape where charms can be allocated)
Well, that's exactly what D3 needs, I wish... :)
I would not play that game.
The op must have just climbed out from under the rock he lives under.
Full geared mercs would kill the server surely.
I have seen many responses from the two of you (DOA, DeadRu) and it would be disturbing if Blizzard has a bunch of people pretending to be players with fake accounts manipulating the gamer base by influencing everyone and thus promoting groupthink to conform to their course of action.

But then again, maybe there is just plenty of fanboys out there or just plain stupid people and blizzard fails to segregate stupid/fanboy folks from others they actually should listen to.
12/13/2014 03:00 PMPosted by TOPCommander
I have seen many responses from the two of you (DOA, DeadRu) and it would be disturbing if Blizzard has a bunch of people pretending to be players with fake accounts manipulating the gamer base by influencing everyone and thus promoting groupthink to conform to their course of action.

But then again, maybe there is just plenty of fanboys out there or just plain stupid people and blizzard fails to segregate stupid/fanboy folks from others they actually should listen to.

Anyone who would respond negatively to the first post is probably a troll.
Probably, or worse...
Sorry, OP. I also liked D2 a lot, but I have to disagree with a fair bit of your post...

12/13/2014 02:38 PMPosted by TOPCommander
- Bring back PvP by allowing hostile, where every player needs to agree that they are now attackable in game, if they dont click yes they are invincible to player attacks.

... starting with this. Sorry, but hostile was just a griefing tool -- leaving it out of D3 was one the few design decisions that Blizzard made here with which I actually agree.

- Don't attempt to balance builds or gear for PvP, the community will find ways naturally to discover great builds and item/skill combinations that work for PvP but suck for PvM gear hunting and leveling

I have to diagree with this, too. If you're not going to fix the game so that it's properly balanced for competitive play, then I don't see any point in adding PVP and other competitive modes at all. Those who really miss their griefing button (sorry, "hostile" button) will disagree, ofc., but that's the only PVP mode for which balance is irrelevant.

- Bring back unlimited trading player to player (I dont care if joe buys his items on some site, hope he enjoys it)

I don't care about this one, either way, but I don't see it happening. I'll agree that the current BoA regime seems a little... excessive.

- Normalize drops across all game "modes" (story, normal world in adventure mode, rifts).
- Turn GRifts into a way to level your legendary Gems only, no loot drops there at all.

I'll agree with normalizing drops across all game modes -- it would give players a reason to play those other modes again, and actually re-expand the game, rather than the contraction that seems to happen every time they iterate on RoS. Eliminating item drops form GRifts is the opposite of that normalization, though. Either you want all game modes to be equally rewarding in loot terms, or you don't, but you really should pick just one of those.

- Bosses, elite packs, unique monsters, again drop multiple items with high chance for set/legendary items (a boss can easily drop 2 or even 3 leg/set items
- Make some legendary items / sets very rare (and very powerful or very mechanically gamechanging, such as enigma)

Why? So that you can have more crap to salvage at the Blacksmith, or leave on the ground, while getting ever fewer of the build-essential legendaries that you're not seeing to start with? What's the point of that?

I get that you want more items to drop because the game feels unrewarding, but the game doesn't feel unrewarding because you're not getting enough loot drops; it feels unrewarding because there's nothing to the game except loot. If D3's problem is that it's overly dependent on loot, then the solution that over-dependence on loot cannot be more loot. The solution must be to add a feeling of reward in the game's non-loot areas; you know, add some RPG to this ARPG. A character build should be more than a load-out of randomly dropped loot, and some skill/rune assignments that can be respec'd at any time, and which feel worthless as a result.

- Zoom out camera a bit more (which will increase perceived quality, and increase oversight of the battlefield)

The game already favors ranged over melee too much; this change would only make that problem worse. Especially since everyone's spending all their time in rifts, anyway, which are indoor/underground tunnels and hallways.

- Up players to max 6

This, they could and should do. They won't, because it could only be done on PC, and not on the console versions, but they should. Agree.

- Mercs now follow into multiplayer games

Interesting. As long as each merc/follower takes the place of a player, so that it's a total of 4 players and/or followers at a time, it could be okay. Allowing every player to have a follower would be too much, though, and deciding who gets to keep their follower, and whose followers get ejected, as players come and go from e.g. a public game would be problematic; making this work might just take too much work to be worth the effort.

- Mercs now can now equip more items (armors, Helmet)

This seems unnecessary; they're NPCs, not PCs. It wouldn't hurt anything (although that 4x attribute bonus multiplier would have to go), I just don't think it would make that big a difference. Allowing them to do a little more damage, now -- that might have an impact.

- Bring back runes as drops

Only if they also add the skill point system back in. If they're not going to take the time to redesign the skill system, then they may as well just leave it well enough alone.

- Runewords

Only if runes stop being part of the skill system. A lot of the depth that made D2's rune system work has been removed from D3 entirely; you can't simply drop D2's runeword system into D3. I'll agree that D3's socketable system could benefit from some more work, though.

I doubt you have seen a lot of responses from me, I really don't post that much.

Just because I don't like your vision of the game, which is basically D2, doesn't make me a fan boy.

And I seriously doubt I am "manipulating" the gamer base with my posts.

But you sure found me out, definitely a fake account, yeah, definitely.
Isn't this just describing D2 with a couple extra things?

This is an awesome way to get people on your side.
you should just work on modding D2 to have a nicer graphic.
Your vision of this game's future and my vision would be VERY different.

I did agree with this suggestion for what it's worth.
Good thing you aren't a Diablo 3 developer.

I spent money to buy and play Diablo 3. Not some Diablo 2 clone. Diablo 2 ARPG type is just outdated, rigid, and unfun.

They do? l2p

i missed this forum
12/13/2014 09:18 PMPosted by What

i missed this forum

It's far more entertaining than the game, that's for sure.
Communication is more entertaining than games. That's no news.