[Non-Season Build] GR50+ Stun-Bellwuko 2.1.2

Monk
Builds:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#edSjPR!fVSg!aZYbac

Gear:
Head: Tzo Krin's Gaze | Dex, Vit, CHC, WoL Dmg, Sec. Res, 1 Socket (Flawless Royal Daimond)
Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance | Dex, Vit, AR, CDR
Torso: Inna's Vast Expanse | Dex, Vit, Reduce Elite Dmg, Sec. Res, 3 Sockets (Flawless Royal Emerald)
Wrists: Ancient Parthan Defenders | Physical Dmg, Dex, Vit, CHC, Sec. Res
Hands: Sunwuko's Paws | Dex, CHC, CHD, CDR, Sec. Res
Waist: Inna's Favor | Dex, Vit, AR, %Life
Legs: Inna's Temperance | Dex, Vit, AR, 2 Sockets (Flawless Royal Emerald)
Feet: The Crudest Boots | Dex, Vit, AR, WoL Dmg
Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines | Dex, CHC, CHD, Sec. Res, 1 Socket
Ring: Unity (Solo) | Dex, CHC, Elite Dmg, Sec. Res, 1 Socket
Ring: Stone of Jordan (Group) | Physical Dmg, Dex, Elite Dmg, Sec. Res, 1 Socket
Ring: Ring of Royal Grandeur | Dex, CHC, LoH, Sec. Res, 1 Socket
Weapon: Incense Torch of the Grand Temple | %Dmg, Dex, LoH, WoL Dmg, WoL RCR, 1 Socket (Flawless Royal Emerald)

Legendary Gems:
Bane of the Powerful, Bane of the Trapped, Taeguk

Paragon-Attributes:
Core: Movement Speed > Maximum Resource > Primary Stat > Vitality
Offense: Critical Hit Damage > Cooldown Reduction > Critical Hit Chance > Attack Speed
Defense: Resist All > Life > Armor > Life Regeneration
Utility: Area Damage > 6.60% Resource Cost Reduction > Life on Hit > Gold Find
Too bad no physical build has topped GR50 even with conduit
Tiemo,

Thanks for sharing your build. Stun bells are strong and fun to play.

Don't mind the troll.
12/10/2014 06:19 AMPosted by Heisenberg
Too bad no physical build has topped GR50 even with conduit

exactly, but with a good ancient 4.7k dps Incense Torch of the Grand Temple it is possible. do the math :-)
12/10/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Tiemo
math :-)

Math says Lightnjng Pillar does 70% more damage than phsycial bells and therefore can not compete at tippytop GR levels.

Toughness doesnt make up for the dps loss.

Team Lightning!
@ Heisenberg

Druin said that the DoT of lightning bells didn't stack.

Is this still the case?

If so the damage output per second with about 1.3 aps isn't much different to the other bells.

Plus the stun of the phys bell and ancient parthian defenders makes it the most relaxing high gr build :)
No. They stack. I texted Druin and he said "the pulses are not counted as DoT's and are counted as separate attacks meaning they stack exactly as any other set of attacks stacks."

<3

Team Lightning!
Wow sick! So using lightning then.

Not sure if you played vanilla D3, but I had the best 2h mace in the world (don't tell Druin), and pillars would one shot me on every elite pack with reflect damage, pretty hilarious. Good to see wave of light making a comeback.

@ OP

Are you going to play seasons? If those 2 new gems are season only, don't think I will play non seasons.
You actually cannot be doing 6.60% RCR. If you do that your SW will not stack Taeguk. Bigger con than pro.
12/10/2014 12:05 PMPosted by Xalyx
You actually cannot be doing 6.60% RCR. If you do that your SW will not stack Taeguk. Bigger con than pro.

Why do you need to use SW to keep up Taeguk? You're spamming bells.
12/10/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Lightdemon

dropping your precious taeguk stacks is devastating tho, due to whatever circumstances...
No. They stack. I texted Druin and he said "the pulses are not counted as DoT's and are counted as separate attacks meaning they stack exactly as any other set of attacks stacks."

<3

Team Lightning!

Can confirm. Text message was sent.

<3
12/10/2014 05:41 PMPosted by XinFanChen
12/10/2014 12:14 PMPosted by Lightdemon

dropping your precious taeguk stacks is devastating tho, due to whatever circumstances...

If your WoL cost is less than your spirit genertion rate, then you would use it the same way you would use SW with Innas. As long as your spamming bells, you don't need to spam SW. So you're free to use Inna's with +6.60% RCR.
12/10/2014 06:22 PMPosted by Lightdemon
If your WoL cost is less than your spirit genertion rate, then you would use it the same way you would use SW with Innas. As long as your spamming bells, you don't need to spam SW. So you're free to use Inna's with +6.60% RCR.

From personal experience, using low-cost WoL to keep Tae up is infinitely more of a burden than simply allowing 6.6% RRC Inna's 3pc + SW perma keep it up for you without thinking.

For example, having to stop to cast WoL will instantly kill you if the reason you are moving is to position out of a mess of arcane beams in a high-GR run.

This is the kind of situation that I believe makes SW + Inna's so relatively strong.
12/10/2014 06:18 PMPosted by Druin
Can confirm. Text message was sent.

Come join Team Lightning druin! Or get relentless assault buffed to cap out at +3000%!
WTH Heisenberg and Druin bromance? Strawberry Shortcake has changed you Druin.

That or its because Heisenberg has become ray of sunshine, when did you become so positive lol?

Did you say 4.7k ? You would want IAS on that?
12/11/2014 08:31 AMPosted by Darth
WTH Heisenberg and Druin bromance? Strawberry Shortcake has changed you Druin.

That or its because Heisenberg has become ray of sunshine, when did you become so positive lol?

Did you say 4.7k ? You would want IAS on that?

That is because Druin finally convinced me Fred Thompson was lying to me and Silver and Gold coins were NOT the best way to invest my money, and set me straight! So now I have Druin on retainer! <3

<3
< breaks quotes! <3
Heisen my swk ammy is pretty terrible but it has physical on it. Would lightning still out damage physical bell with the slight increase to physical ? I have swk helm with wol dmg but I wanted to try ranged bells.

I also generally duo or trio with my monk friends so only 1 of us would need to use inna and both of them are already geared for lightning. (I've been giving them my legendaries and now they might be geared better than me lol)

Should I stick with physical in a group setting of 2 monks with lightning or should we just all go lightning ham :)