PvP Reality

General Discussion
At first I cringed at the thought of PvP. I have no interest in playing PvP but the truly undeniable fact is that PvP creates longevity.

Think about it. All the most popular games have it and they are doing great. PvE is not what people want to do. They want rank up, play and fight their friends in a competition style. If D3 did implement a PvP system I bet thousands would flock back to it. This in turn would create more PvE games and a more loyal fan base. How hard is it to comprehend that?
12/07/2014 06:20 AMPosted by Parminio
Wrong. I love it. Many do.

That came out wrong. People don't just want to PvE. We need more of a variety of gameplay.

I don't even like to PvP, but its obvious that this game lacks in that department. It's not a secret, most successful online games have some sort of PvP or EvE.

12/07/2014 06:20 AMPosted by Parminio
PVP was an epic fail in D2. It's why so very many people went to password protected games before it was all over.

I think more people switch to PW protect for spam bots, not because of reckless PvPer's. But hey, who really knows. PvP was not an epic fail either. There was a massive unofficial PvP movement in D2.
12/07/2014 06:48 AMPosted by Parminio
It's why I did...and everybody else I know that played it did. You couldn't get 10 feet out of town with your level 25 Javazon before 3 99th level Barbs crashed your game and spent the next 20 minutes calling you names for not wanting to fight them.

it can be easily remedied by named games with pvp enabled/ disabled if they really wanted it here.

PvE is a good dynamic, having PvP just expands the game way more than people think it can
Even in MMORPGs that has actual PVP gears and arenas, some people only focus on the PvE Part. So, not everyone plays games for PvP.

PvP only creates longevity for people who greatly enjoy doing the same PvP over and over again. It doesn't create longevity for PvE people. PvP and PvE are two different types of players. Of course, some players enjoy both.

Diablo 2 PvP was a great nuisance for PvE players. Player comes to hostile, you just got to leave unless you are very well geared and speced for PvP. Diablo 2 PvP duel is really boring as well. Nothing really changes. At least progress can be seen in Diablo 2 PvE, but no progress can be seen in PvP Diablo 2.
I hate PVP and never play it in games that have a PVP mode. Diablo 3 would be no different.
The PvE in this game is not good enough to merit not having pvp.
1. Very little PvE content
2. Very repetative/boring content/easy content
3. No story/Lore of which to speak of for most part.
4. No epic boss fights, No Boss Loot.
5. No group pve coop stuff of any real long term interest.

So what exactly are Diablo players getting in return for the lack of PvP?

You could have more fun PvE'Ing with a map you made in WCIII World Editor.... and script pvp into the game also.
12/07/2014 07:01 AMPosted by Eternity

Diablo 2 PvP was a great nuisance for PvE players. Player comes to hostile, you just got to leave unless you are very well geared and speced for PvP. Diablo 2 PvP duel is really boring as well. Nothing really changes. At least progress can be seen in Diablo 2 PvE, but no progress can be seen in PvP Diablo 2.

Total bull!@#$
12/07/2014 05:33 AMPosted by dukeof3arl
PvE is not what people want to do.

lolwut

Wrong. PvP is a mini game. It IS a PvE game.
Casuals = no want pvp, also the cause of everything wrong in this game true story
A proper PvP would improve the game. I most probably would not play it much but that is besides the point. Thing is a lot of the playerbase left in D3 are the types who will see the lack of competitive elements in D3 as a big plus point. Notice the way so many people are actually opposed to the idea of having a proper PvP mode. A decent percentage just like a super easy game where they can faceroll on their keyboards while killing endless monsters and then at the end of the run be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLVSiuqVh5U
12/07/2014 11:54 AMPosted by Mirai
Casuals = no want pvp, also the cause of everything wrong in this game true story

Bell curve. Can't cater to either end. The "dedicated" and obsessive players are just as much a cause of things being wrong.

I would venture that those people who bother to post, and who are still playing at this point, are outside of the mainstream, and most of the ideas they have would move the game away from the mainstream.

!@#$, you are an moron, stop using up good peoples oxygen with your bull%^-*
12/07/2014 12:44 PMPosted by Mubbeleeto

!@#$, you are an moron, stop using up good peoples oxygen with your bull%^-*

A casual has been spotted.
12/07/2014 12:38 PMPosted by LPorc

I would venture that those people who bother to post, and who are still playing at this point, are outside of the mainstream, and most of the ideas they have would move the game away from the mainstream.

This is pretty much correct. Every person on this forum is on either ends of that bell curve.

Average players don't bother visiting forums and see how bad the community really is because they are busy playing.
The PvE in this game is not good enough to merit not having pvp.
1. Very little PvE content - actually the game is based on this
2. Very repetative/boring content/easy content - I guess raiduing in wow with a guild is hard
3. No story/Lore of which to speak of for most part.- again simple game
4. No epic boss fights, No Boss Loot. - what are you expecting WoW pve
5. No group pve coop stuff of any real long term interest.- yet again a simple slash and hack

So what exactly are Diablo players getting in return for the lack of PvP?

You could have more fun PvE'Ing with a map you made in WCIII World Editor.... and script pvp into the game also.

I think your WoW experience has pulled the wool over your eyes in regards to D3 genre.

You play an mmo and expect to see that here. Not even a realistic thought.