Hardcore Bugged Death

Hardcore
My monk just died. I was doing a rift and after teleporting to level 5, and while my teammates were attacking an elite pack, i died. I died without even participating in the battle... Monsters had reflect damage and after i teleported i instantly died. My passive wasnt activated i instantly lost all my hp. Lost items of 600 hours and even more. 5 ancients etc etc... It feels as if all the damage was reflected back to me, without me even attacking... Here's the screenshot of my dying far from combat... My illusions are still mid air...

Fix the broken game blizzard... We paid money for a working game... We spend hours of our time...

http://i.imgur.com/QX6PYCi.jpg
Did you forget to take off Unity, maybe?
The DH there got hit pretty hard.
Never using unity on public games... And still no proc on my passive...
Perhaps you proc'd and died instantaneously. Monks are funny that way.
I still vote Unity mostly because there's another DH there who is basically dead. Although he is below 50% so most likely not inside of Awareness yet.

I once saw 2 Monks both eat dirt in 1 Hammer swing in a T6 rift.
Bad times.
There's nothing around me as you can see... I just teleported. Didnt even move from the porting place. Instant KO
RIP bud

Good to see another silent...albeit the correct spelling :)
01/18/2015 03:49 PMPosted by UtopiA
Perhaps you proc'd and died instantaneously. Monks are funny that way.

Yeah, NDE is almost like not even having a passive. If a monk takes enough to proc NDE, most likely that 35% health back isn't doing anything.
RIP
RIP

That sure looks like unity. Reflect dmg does not hurt in T6. I´ve blasted with DH, 5 drones active and not taking any dmg.
I died more than a few days ago as well..
have enough barbs to enjoy the "broken game" till the end of S1

RiP
01/18/2015 03:46 PMPosted by Silent
Never using unity on public games... And still no proc on my passive...

Monks can get "double tapped" just like wizards because NDE provides no temporary immunity like awareness, spirit vessel, and the crusader passive. When you killed twice in succession super fast, NDE is cleared by the second death and won't show on the screen.

I'm with everyone else, you must have been wearing a unity or taking significant damage over time from something to die like that.
Dying resyncs you. If there was nothing on your screen in the death shot and everyone else is fighting the elite that killed you way over there, what most likely happened is the DH ate Molten bombs and the damage split from Unity killed you.
01/18/2015 10:04 PMPosted by Spectral
what most likely happened is the DH ate Molten bombs and the damage split from Unity killed you.

If you check the screenshot you can see the elites died after my death. So there were no molten explosions. I died before that. If there were molten at all. And check radar.. The fight takes place far away from me, while ive just teleported.
obv unity, main reason why you deleted the character before making this thread

screenshot doesnt say a thing, molten minion could have still died there , pack could have been killed there and they just ran a bit ahead after.

my apologize if im wrong, but it just seems like a crythread for a dead cuz of the bad game mechanics
This just happened to me, I was pk'd by Fury. Okay that's a stretch lol.

We were running T6 rifts and damn his DH is fast. I was lagging behind so rather than catching up I tp to him. Big mistake, as I was loading he was running away from a morter field. Bad timing really, as soon as my screen loaded I was dead.

I choose not to run NDE because I've lost too many characters that took damage that blew through NDE.

Sounds like an unfortunate circumstance. BTW, the reflect bug on toxin gem was supposed to be fixed..... Is there a chance that someone in your party was wearing that gem and you took it up the keister?

Anyway, RIP. Stuff happens, reroll and avenge that death!
01/19/2015 07:30 AMPosted by DfrokdPriest
Sounds like an unfortunate circumstance. BTW, the reflect bug on toxin gem was supposed to be fixed..... Is there a chance that someone in your party was wearing that gem and you took it up the keister?

Toxin is fixed now. Sorry you died, fury is really fast. I sometimes lag behind him even on my vile charge barb, depending on density ofc.
+1 to unity. that dh must have stacked vit/life. damage from unity goes past your reduction. actiq/boba can tell you more.
also, lol @ full clearing
01/19/2015 07:30 AMPosted by DfrokdPriest
This just happened to me, I was pk'd by Fury. Okay that's a stretch lol.

We were running T6 rifts and damn his DH is fast. I was lagging behind so rather than catching up I tp to him. Big mistake, as I was loading he was running away from a morter field. Bad timing really, as soon as my screen loaded I was dead.

I choose not to run NDE because I've lost too many characters that took damage that blew through NDE.
I don´t understand.. Only sader with swiftmount is faster than monk. You should be on vanguard palming creeps, killing elites before DH even arrives or gets a 1 shot from 50 yards away that clears the screen. Did monk coop yesterday and buddy procced with his monk, proc saved him. Worth using that nde imo.
01/19/2015 06:23 PMPosted by Jumbasa
Worth using that nde imo.

Yes, for this instance NDE prob. would have saved me but that was just bad timing, had I caught up naturally it wouldn't have even come close to killing me. I died b4 my screen loaded, hence I couldn't react.

Usually don't have sustain issues to need to use NDE, as long as I'm swinging im good. What does kill me is strong enough to blow through NDE and has several times which is why I choose not to run it. AKA perma freeze.

Also, Fury's Dh is fast, I'm willing to bet he can out run a sader ez.