I struggle past gr 42 depsite my good gear

Demon Hunter
01/19/2015 07:45 AMPosted by Magic
You dont have 15% sentry damage on your shoulder and 15% EA/CA damage on your helm. That's total 30% potential dps that you lose.

since you're using kridershot, dont think resource cost is an issue for you. i personally think that the helm does not benefit you that much.

replace the helm with marauders helm and instead craft a pair of ancient aughild armour and bracers to give u that 15% elite bonus.

But still i think the biggest issue is with your helm (without 15% EA / CA dmg) and amulet (without socket and 3rd legendary gem)

Wouldn't using 6 piece Mara's without RRoG, Reapers and an SOJ be better than Augs with the bonus? Augs is only giving you +15% elite damage and some solid damage reduction whereas the SOJ/reapers combo is giving you max 20% elemental damage / max 30% elite damage? This setup would also allow you to still wear a Unity for solo play and dispense ownage on all before you!

Personally that's what I'm aiming for if I can ever get my hands on an ancient Kridershot. This build might even work well with Etrayu because while the PF helm is nice, you're able to get hatred back a bit faster with a bow than an Xbow somewhat mitigating the PF RCR bonus. Thoughts?
Last update. With the small change made thanks to your advice I nailed a Gr47 yesterday (EU) without much trouble and i could easily aime for a 48. So thanks again !
I cleared GR 44 on my first try after the patch with these settings.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TimeLord-3294/hero/358613

Probably can clear up to 46 or 47 given lucky map, mobs, RG.

I have been playing DHs for around 2KH (gotta check when I get back home)
01/28/2015 12:17 AMPosted by WizardLizard
Last update. With the small change made thanks to your advice I nailed a Gr47 yesterday (EU) without much trouble and i could easily aime for a 48. So thanks again !

Awesome, for me it was very difficult to let my krider go, but have to admit I did see quite a big improvement once I got used to the Arcane barb, no so radical as your tough, I am happy you could jump to 47 :). I went from having no hope of completing 42 to be able to beat it with almost 3 minuets left, I tried a 43 and almost nailed it but got unlucky at the end with some BS affixes.
I have a very similar build to some of you, and the problem I have is with taking too long to kill the RG. I have cleared GR44 and almost every time I try GR45, I can get to the RG with a good amount of time but fail because it takes me too long to bring down the RG. Any tips?
For instance, I failed this:

http://imgur.com/6R0eXbr

This was with unity, btw, and not my SOJ.
How do you guys not get 1 shot killed by the lightning that comes out of the ceiling, and there is really no way to know its coming? Jailer also 1 shots me. I have also found that I am taking massive damage and die within a second or so, from things I cant even see. I am using awareness, but often times that means I live 5 seconds more then die anyway. I dont think my toughness is too low (9.5 mil), I just feel really squishy. Now my obvious decision is just to go full mara and use double unity, but you guys are saying GR45 with no unity or awareness, how do you do it without being 1 shotted? do you shoot once and move 50 yards?
Minor thing for OP: You are using a nice RORG with socket+6% crit chance, but your CHD/CHC ratio is a little low. You may benefit more in DPS by farming for a RORG that can be rolled to 50% crit damage, to get the ratio to 1:10.
01/19/2015 07:45 AMPosted by Magic
You dont have 15% sentry damage on your shoulder and 15% EA/CA damage on your helm. That's total 30% potential dps that you lose.

False. That's now how the math works. 15% on top 30% isn't 15%. And sentries don't account for 100% of your dps.
01/30/2015 08:08 AMPosted by Exiter
I dont think my toughness is too low (9.5 mil), I just feel really squishy. Now my obvious decision is just to go full mara and use double unity, but you guys are saying GR45 with no unity or awareness, how do you do it without being 1 shotted?

Awareness is almost like a must, and Unity is still useful at mid 40s. I remember at 45 with double unity and 10m toughness, you probably can still take a jailer without dying. Also there are a lot of smaller hits that benefit from higher toughness.

Just keep the boss at the rim of the screen, at this distance their specials like jailer won't proc or will miss you due to range. If you can do this consistently, then you can start taking out toughness and put in DPS.