Key of evil not dropping on console

Console Discussion
This is just a short guide from my experience to get the key of evil to drop in ROS on the Xbox360 (C2.0.9.26803). I would assume that the ps3 version is the same.

There are many good guides on the specifics of the ROS hellfire ring and how to obtain it, I will only list the drop locations specific to the 360 (1 recipe, 4 keys and 3 materials)

Infernal Plans = Keywardenin Act IV - Silver Spire Level 1

Key of Bones = Keywarden in Act I - Fields of Misery.
Key of Gluttony = Keywarden in Act II - Dahlgur Oasis.
Key of War = Keywarden in Act III - Stonefort.
Key of Evil = Infernal Machine of War > Realm of Turmoil

Leoric's Regret = Infernal Machine of Bones > Realm of Discord
Vial of Putridness = Infernal Machine of Gluttony > Realm of Chaos
Heart of Evil = Infernal Machine of Evil > Realm of Fright
That is the same as PS4/X1...it is as intended by Blizzard...the Key of Evil DOES drop, just not from the Act IV Keywarden (it has for some but the chances seem very small compared to other Keywardens).
I had better luck finding the key of evil by killing the ubers from the infernal machine of war
01/22/2015 07:00 AMPosted by Kodiak
Key of Bones = Keywarden in Act I - Fields of Misery.
Key of Gluttony = Keywarden in Act II - Dahlgur Oasis.
Key of War = Keywarden in Act III - Stonefort.
Key of Evil = Infernal Machine of War > Realm of Turmoil

Leoric's Regret = Infernal Machine of Bones > Realm of Discord
Vial of Putridness = Infernal Machine of Gluttony > Realm of Chaos
Heart of Evil = Infernal Machine of Evil > Realm of Fright

Thanks for writing up this guide, Kodiak! I can confirm that this is accurate for all versions of UEE, so it's a good guide for the PS3, PS4, and Xbox One editions, too. Also, there is a very small chance that a Keywarden can drop an additional, but totally random, key. This means that there is a possibility (although it's a very slight chance) that the Key of Evil can be found outside of the Infernal Machine of War.
Why this stupidity of changing the console uber event compared to the PC? Now we have a 50% chance on !@#$ing Torment VI to get the Key of Evil from two uber bosses. Which btw. requires a full three keys to open. While on the PC you don't need to battle any ubers to get that key. This is just stupid. I ran the machine of war three times last week and got only one %^-*ing key on Torment VI. This is bull!@#$. When I did the boring and frustrating part, that is collecting the keys on Torment VI, I expect some guaranteed result when I fight any uber combo on Torment VI. This needs to be adjusted. A 50% chance to drop a key from an uber fight on Torment VI. Get real.

Considering the time it takes, even on Torment VI and the very small chance of getting a useful ring over a unity, soj or rorg, it does not warrant this pathetic drop rate of the key of evil. I do not mind having to put effort in collecting the stuff required. But when the job gets boring and tedious like this, with minimal reward that should be a clear sign that something is wrong. Either change it back to match the PC version or drop the key of evil 100% of the time on Torment VI from the two ubers.
On PC, there were 4 organs. One organ per uber battle. On console, there are 3 organs. They gave the console a reason to actually fight all 4 and not just do 3 uber bosses and be done with it.
01/22/2015 01:38 PMPosted by Jakk
On PC, there were 4 organs. One organ per uber battle. On console, there are 3 organs. They gave the console a reason to actually fight all 4 and not just do 3 uber bosses and be done with it.

How hard is it to add a fourth organ to the console? Not hard. Now I have to cross my fingers not having to waste multiple key sets just to get a chance for a key of evil on Torment VI!. How is that an improvement over the PC version? It just adds more frustration. The least they can do is keep the key of evil drop outside the Realm of Turmoil as a rare drop, but make it 100% guaranteed drop in that realm when playing at Torment VI.
Its awesome to see someone cry over a video game...bravo
01/22/2015 01:10 PMPosted by Pr1m3v1l
Why this stupidity of changing the console uber event compared to the PC? Now we have a 50% chance on !@#$ing Torment VI to get the Key of Evil from two uber bosses. Which btw. requires a full three keys to open. While on the PC you don't need to battle any ubers to get that key. This is just stupid. I ran the machine of war three times last week and got only one %^-*ing key on Torment VI. This is bull!@#$. When I did the boring and frustrating part, that is collecting the keys on Torment VI, I expect some guaranteed result when I fight any uber combo on Torment VI. This needs to be adjusted. A 50% chance to drop a key from an uber fight on Torment VI. Get real.

Considering the time it takes, even on Torment VI and the very small chance of getting a useful ring over a unity, soj or rorg, it does not warrant this pathetic drop rate of the key of evil. I do not mind having to put effort in collecting the stuff required. But when the job gets boring and tedious like this, with minimal reward that should be a clear sign that something is wrong. Either change it back to match the PC version or drop the key of evil 100% of the time on Torment VI from the two ubers.

I went through the same boring process like you and crafted one infernal machine of war after another only to stare blankly at the screen after the fight was over and see no key. And after finally getting all the organs together my amulet turns out to be worthless, awesome!!
its a 60% chance on t6 soooo might take a bit some times

i have stacks of them
01/22/2015 04:33 PMPosted by S10draven
Its awesome to see someone cry over a video game...bravo

If no-one ever complained, expressed their frustration with game features/mechanics, you wouldn't have the game you have now. now how about presenting some arguments why I'm crying and why do you think what I'm saying is wrong or unreasonable. You seem to dislike it but you seem to have no problem playing the game that exists today because of all the "crying" within the community. So I could say stop playing this game then, since it evolved based on all the "crying" that was done. You are like that person who cries bloody murder about the mistreatment of animals in the meat industry, but have no have problem eating that cheap piece of chicken everyday.
I dont mind how the animals are treated...especially once i get that nice piece of steak on my plate!
For me the question is, why is the console process different than the PC process?
And why is there no console documentation for this in the official Blizzard docs?

For veterans of the game, no big deal, but for most players playing away, they have no chance of getting this process right without digging around on the internet for a while.
I am behind you guys by a little bit. Please give me any suggestions! I am aware of most of the differences we have in gear, but I am not using them only because I have not found it yet.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Elihu-1795/hero/54232595
@ Pr1m3v1l
If you don't like it, sell your console an buy a PC and the PC version.
You're being childish. It's different, get over it. They aren't the same exact game. Console has the really cool feature where you get the nemesis monster causing all kind of havoc in the Clans and Friends list. You can also trade items. Blizzard calls it "gifting" because the PC community might get upset if we find out, Akkarat forbid, that console has an overly requested feature that we are being denied.

Console can also play off-line. PC has been complaining about losing that ability since they killed it off after War Craft III. There is only partial implementation of off-line for SC II. Things would be much simpler if we could go back to the having LAN events were Server Lag from the InterWebz didn't cause us grief. D3 PC is completely unplayable off-line. But it is what it is. And well... what it isn't, it just isn't.

To be honest, if you don't like something about UEE, I think you should complain. Where I have a problem is that you sound like a pouty little brat complaining that grass is greener on the other side of the fence. If it's too hard for you to grind a bit more then maybe D3 isn't for you. But understand that there are a lot of people playing the same game on Console who have all ready gotten their Hellfire Jewelry. Would it be fair to them, if there hard work and time grinding by the current rules and it the process gets nerfed because another "gamer" didn't have enough "game"? If something is impossible to do, or even nearly impossible, I think Blizzard needs to address the issue. But, making thing easy isn't the point. The Hellfire Jewelry are End Game quests. These aren't Campaign quest like retrieving a beat up crown so your blacksmith can fix it up so it properly awakens an NPC, just so the story moves along. This is your quest. It isn't supposed to be easy. Have you noticed that you can't get the jewelry on Normal? There is a reason for that. This is Torrent. So just man up and complete all the BS that is required to completely any notable quest. This is a fantasy game, the Devs do their jobs because it's cool. Making things too easy ruins the fantasy for them. So, if they patch your issue, so be it. Just don't whine just because because you didn't get favorable rolls from RNG. Diablo is mostly RNG. Poker is the same. The deck gets shuffled for the same reason. Somehow the best Poker players in the world keep showing up at the winner table year after year. As well, every year at those same tournaments, there's a big name Poker Stud that get knocked out early because some punk got dealt a Full House with pocket 2s and 3s. Just roll your eyes when get trolled by the game. I've been there, if I run out of gems enchanting a socket into a ring, I just go out an kill some more monsters to get more gems. Oh yeah, I'm playing D3 because it's fun to kill monsters. So, I don't really see any penalty. From your post, you however do see a penalty. So, what is the penalty? It's too hard having all that fun killing monsters because your quest requires it? Again D3 might not be for you.
@Grimik - Thank you for confirming this. I have been looking for info on Wethersfield this was the legitimate way to get the key of evil or if it was a bugged item. And a big thanks to the original poster as well for the guide.
And as for the comment from CrayZ, I completely agree. There are way more annoyances on PC than there are on console. I own and play it on both. And I, for one, hope they don't change the way the keys are farmed. I like it the way it is, myself. Also, the grass is just as green on both sides. Console gets things the PC doesn't. And PC gets things console doesn't.
I have collected and crafted:

Infernal Machine of War
Infernal Machine of Bones
Infernal Machine of Gluttony

Not quite sure where to go from here if I can't craft Infernal Machine of Evil, without being able to get the Key of Evil.

Am I missing something here? I can't get the door to open. Is there a guide around Hellfire Amulet for Console floating around?
02/22/2015 09:22 PMPosted by Relix
I have collected and crafted:

Infernal Machine of War
Infernal Machine of Bones
Infernal Machine of Gluttony

Not quite sure where to go from here if I can't craft Infernal Machine of Evil, without being able to get the Key of Evil.

Am I missing something here? I can't get the door to open. Is there a guide around Hellfire Amulet for Console floating around?

Key of evil drops from Kulle/Siegebreaker uber battle. Easier to craft hf ammy because you don't have to waste time searching A4 looking for the key warden.
Once you've crafted the machine(s), you should just be able to go kick the door down, and enter. Then when you're inside, select the machine you want to use, and, well...use it.