downtime between end of s1 and start of s2 confirmed?

General Discussion
is there gonna be a week or so between start and end? to consolidate stash and prepare for s2 start right?
There will be a delay. Length of which is under much debate, but currently unknown...

Game on.
Most likely a month in style "we want to give seasonal players a well earned break" I wish they´d knew that season1 was dead way before "short" ptr started.
yea 30-90 day season is perfect. id vote for 60 day and wouldnt mind a "league esque" 30 day rush
Either a 90 or 120 day season. Probably 90, with a month break in between, so it's effectively 120 days (4 months) from when season 2 starts to when season 3 starts. That gives 3 seasons a year (assuming they keep on schedule).
The delay is probably going to be 3 months, knowing Blizzard. "Season 2 was actually ready last December 16 but we decided to delay it (to coincide with PS4 seasons)."
The delay will be a nominal amount of time between seasons, which has yet to be deteremined. You can find all of the current information regarding the changeover from Season 1 to Season 2 here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/17152343/end-of-season-what-to-expect-12-30-2014#interseason
Caution: This cookie bites back.
so what about a predetermined length of s2? is that a bad idea or something....

regardeless of new content or patches.... i mean the amount of hot fixing in this game alone has evolved it to modern day d3 as it is now... which is fun... but can get dry for a large percentage of the population if a fresh restart doesnt make things interesting.
01/04/2015 07:38 PMPosted by Lasagna
is there gonna be a week or so between start and end? to consolidate stash and prepare for s2 start right?

That's a good estimate! We want downtime between seasons to be minimal, but still enough time for you to sift through all your items and characters and get things sorted. We're aiming for about a week or two between Season 1 and Season 2, but if we need to address any related issues, we'll do so first before launching the new season.
But if we need to address any related issues, we'll do so first before launching the new season.

Why? You can always do it during the season or?
01/08/2015 02:08 PMPosted by Nevalistis

That's a good estimate! We want downtime between seasons to be minimal, but still enough time for you to sift through all your items and characters and get things sorted. We're aiming for about a week or two between Season 1 and Season 2, but if we need to address any related issues, we'll do so first before launching the new season.

Just want to say thanks for clarifying the patch 2.1.2 release time/season 1 end/season 2 start..etc.. questions on the forum over the last few days. There was a lot of confusion here after the "holiday ptr delay" message.
So prob next tues jan 13th ancient items will drop on my seasonal character?

Thanks Nev.

...A week rather than 2 please :)
01/08/2015 07:15 PMPosted by Starbird
We're aiming for about a week or two between Season 1 and Season 2, but if we need to address any related issues, we'll do so first before launching the new season.

So at least 1 week maybe 2 but possibly longer without any estimate...
We're aiming for about a week or two between Season 1 and Season 2

Your reasons for bringing the patch 3 weeks before Season 1 ends, is that you had issues with doing it simultaneously...

Now you're saying that you will have a 1-2 week between them!

Then why ruin Season 1 leaderboards and all the preparation that dedicated players put into it?
if the top player are true gamers. they well hold the spots they or in and I 100% think that they well.
I know that there is maintance on 1/13/2015. But why am I down now and have been for the last couple days?
01/08/2015 07:15 PMPosted by Starbird
We want downtime between seasons to be minimal, but still enough time for you to sift through all your items and characters and get things sorted

because once Season 2 starts I cannot do this?
Are you implying the stash mail will only last the time between seasons?
I am pretty sure the stash mail is permanent at least my RoS bonus stuff is still available for me and that was a few months ago.

Just askin' cause thats the only reason I could understand why you would word it this way. What if I take 15 minutes to do it.. I have to wait 1 - 2 weeks for the hoarders (like me) to finish?

Typical. Only go as fast as the slowest member. lol.
Im just messin' I could care less. Take two months.
01/12/2015 12:34 PMPosted by Speeder1001
I know that there is maintance on 1/13/2015. But why am I down now and have been for the last couple days?

PTR stopped. Or your banned. Or you already won the game so need to play anymore.