Do Ancient Legendaries drop below lvl 70 in torment?

Items and Crafting
topic title. for people who played ptr are ancient legendaries lvl 70 only or do they also drop lower levels as long as you're in torment?
woops, had it in the wrong forum to begin. thanks for redirecting... bump
Not that I'm aware of. Ancient Items are max level only just like sets.
Frequency
A small % of level 70 legendary items from all sources found on Torment 1 or higher will spawn as Ancient.
Ancient items can come from all sources; monster or chest drops, gambling, Horadric Caches, or crafting. (Crafting can produce Ancient, including an Ancient Hellfire Ring or Hellfire Amulet.)
The odds increase on higher levels of Torment, from around 1.5% on Torment 1 up to 10% on Torment 6 (from monster drops).
It's not yet known how the odds of an item being ancient are set for Gambling or Crafting, since if they were tied to difficulty level, players would just create Torment 6 games to do their gambling and crafting.
- See more at: http://www.diablowiki.net/Legendary#Ancient_Items

Probably no
01/10/2015 10:15 AMPosted by Drothvader

This is correct. Only level 70 items have a chance of rolling as Ancient, and only in Torment I or above.

Note: Not all class specific sets follow this rule, pre RoS sets still drop after level 60 has been achieved.

Natalya's
Immortal King
Inna's
Zunimassa's

etc
01/15/2015 02:29 PMPosted by Nevalistis

This is correct. Only level 70 items have a chance of rolling as Ancient, and only in Torment I or above.

You guys need to move Ancient Items up to start dropping at T4, this way your old legendary items have a point in the game..
01/15/2015 04:29 PMPosted by Pillion

How come you never post in hard-hitting threads that say this game isn't what it could be?

Just once, I would like you to come into one of these threads that say your game is lacking and respond "This is correct."

The fact that she doesn't say that is why she's making money right now and you aren't. And just think, if players want to be adversarial after she answers a basic question, what would happen if she went where you suggest?

01/15/2015 03:55 PMPosted by CRISYS

You guys need to move Ancient Items up to start dropping at T4, this way your old legendary items have a point in the game..

At that point Blizzard would have to admit the game isn't casual. Most people I've talked to don't want it that way. When do you think Blizzard will stop catering to casual players when it's likely their main playerbase despite what I've said?
01/15/2015 05:37 PMPosted by D2ModPlayer
01/15/2015 04:29 PMPosted by Pillion

How come you never post in hard-hitting threads that say this game isn't what it could be?

Just once, I would like you to come into one of these threads that say your game is lacking and respond "This is correct."

The fact that she doesn't say that is why she's making money right now and you aren't. And just think, if players want to be adversarial after she answers a basic question, what would happen if she went where you suggest?

At that point Blizzard would have to admit the game isn't casual. Most people I've talked to don't want it that way. When do you think Blizzard will stop catering to casual players when it's likely their main playerbase despite what I've said?

really its good this question was answered because there ARE ppl that dont have RoS and as such they are locked to L60. that means they can never see ancient items drop for them.
01/15/2015 03:52 PMPosted by grovak

Note: Not all class specific sets follow this rule, pre RoS sets still drop after level 60 has been achieved.

Natalya's
Immortal King
Inna's
Zunimassa's

etc

Not if you have an RoS license attached to your account.

You cannot find a set item sub 70 unless it's a pure vanilla account.

Unless that has changed...
01/15/2015 05:40 PMPosted by Morogoth

really its good this question was answered because there ARE ppl that dont have RoS and as such they are locked to L60. that means they can never see ancient items drop for them.

I'm one of those and I decided to give up on the game. I mean last time I logged was 3 months ago and there was little hope with this patch that I'll get back to keep hunting for new items I still haven't found with bonus to maybe find Ancients but now that Ancients are confirmed to be RoS only I decided that was enough for me.
01/15/2015 06:00 PMPosted by Drothvader
01/15/2015 03:52 PMPosted by grovak

Natalya's
Immortal King
Inna's
Zunimassa's

etc

Not if you have an RoS license attached to your account.

You cannot find a set item sub 70 unless it's a pure vanilla account.

Unless that has changed...

This is not true I have gotten several set 60 items from helping lvl 60 friends out.
01/15/2015 06:47 PMPosted by DarthSW
This is not true I have gotten several set 60 items from helping lvl 60 friends out.

Well, then one of their patches undid this change.

Sets are only supposed to drop for the max level of your account or at least that's how it was supposed to work.

I don't really have time to dig through blue posts though so I'll just take your word for it for now.

And you would have known I felt the same way if my previous post defending another player hadn't been deleted. :) Usually that happens not because I did something wrong, but because it was related to someone being made fun of by someone else and my post was connected to it.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tal-rashas-allegiance
From the game guide. Level 60 and higher versions. All of the pre RoS 60 sets can be 70 but they all got a name change when you compare them to the legacy 60 sets.

I have 3 level 60 pieces of Tal's that dropped for me in the last 2-3 months will take screenshots if you like.

Edit: I just realised my Firebirds legs on my HC Wizard are transmogrified to lvl 60 Blackthorne's if you look at my profile.

Edit 2: http://imgur.com/BDzxAk0 Pic of 4 lvl 60 set items that I have. 3 Tals and 1 Zuni's.
ive gotten an ancient on normal from kadala
I play on EU and don't have RoS. Will most likely never buy it. Why should I?

- i don't like resets
- i don't like seasons
- leaderboards are led by a clone army
- each item found is reworked with a npc
- everybody wears gg items

ppl that dont have RoS and as such they are locked to L60

I would call it protected from most unwanted changes. Like constant power creep and "gear resets".

01/15/2015 06:28 PMPosted by Rhialto
I'll get back to keep hunting for new items I still haven't found with bonus to maybe find Ancients but now that Ancients are confirmed to be RoS only I decided that was enough for me.

Ancient Items aren't new. They are just up to 30% more stats across the board. They don't add anything to the game.

New items would be reworked powerless "old" ones or completely new developed items to create viable builds or improve non-viable builds to viable ones. If one of the lead designes talks "some classes are happy to have two viable endgame builds" then something is just wrong.

For Vanilla those Ancient Items would just be another layer of RNG. Its hard enough to get good rolled items with the right stats on it. In RoS its easy to reroll the worst stat or change an useless stat to a more powerful one. Or just add a socket with Dalamars Gift.

If Ancient Items impress you then go and buy the RoS addon. Nothing wrong with it. At least we have a choice to play a different version we like more.
01/15/2015 06:50 PMPosted by Drothvader
Sets are only supposed to drop for the max level of your account or at least that's how it was supposed to work.

Only the NEW class specific sets have ever applied to this rule. All of the Vanilla class sets have ALWAYS dropped after level 60 whether you had RoS or not.
What some people call power creep protection I call incredibly boring. What some people call another layer of RNG I call greater variety. I never thought legendary items should be as common as they are now. True it makes it alot funner, but it also destroys the excitement of finding them. With ancient items you get both. Because they are rare enough, it also removes finding gear with perfect stats since with an ancient rarity that's near impossible. So it allows me to play endgame alot longer without running into a brick wall for progression. I like this, others don't. To me end game is about extending the gameplay, at least for this game. Once the power increase is about to dry up there is less and less reason to play. I don't care if I don't ever get really good ancient items on every slot, I am just glad it is an option if I want to continue playing. I felt the endgame as it was, too short. Being max level and progressing is FAR funner than going 1-60 or 70 in this game.

I like RoS just to be able to do bounties instead of that ridiculously mind numbing campaign mode. It is SO worth it! That compared to being level 60 instead of 70, the level gain is nothing compared to the extra variety RoS presents. It's not perfect and can improve sure, but it offers alot more. Don't be the kind of player that HAS to have the best sets, play without sets or use lesser sets, it's alot of fun...