Ancient Maximus Versus Furnace

Items and Crafting
So which is better? http://imgur.com/x4CAi3Y
Really depends on what your doing. They are both tools and have different strengths. If you are simply running T6 Rifts or bounties for XP than I would go with the Maximus. If you are looking to set a new high in Greater Rifts I would lean towards the Furnace for Elite Killing power. Reasons are two fold.

(1) Elite kills are your biggest time waster.
(2) The longer it takes to kill an elite pack the larger the chance you have to die and in return waste a huge amount of time even with the new(or returning) death timers in the new patch.
Ancient Furnace is better. Yes, I know you don't have it pictured.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn113/djsingurel/Screenshot000.jpg
Using the the provided stats:

Furnace EDPS (on elite) = 3652 * 1.44 = 5257
Maximus EDPS (+elemental) = 4280 * 1.2 = 5136

Wash on elites, really, ... but clear faster with the Maximus overall. Plus the "extra" DPS from the slave.

Overall - Maximus
Elites - Probably still the Maximus.
12/29/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Visionhero
Really depends on what your doing. They are both tools and have different strengths. If you are simply running T6 Rifts or bounties for XP than I would go with the Maximus. If you are looking to set a new high in Greater Rifts I would lean towards the Furnace for Elite Killing power. Reasons are two fold.

(2) The longer it takes to kill an elite pack the larger the chance you have to die and in return waste a huge amount of time even with the new(or returning) death timers in the new patch.

Kill timers (rage timers) never left the game. They became inconsequential once the majority of players became so OP that killing a boss was a seconds long exercise. Try to kill siegebreaker while geared as a full blown tank with just enough DPS to maintain agro. You'll become reacquainted with D3's rage timers. You'll lose your tanky side about 3 minutes into the fight.
12/29/2014 11:02 AMPosted by Traveler
12/29/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Visionhero

Kill timers (rage timers) never left the game. They became inconsequential once the majority of players became so OP that killing a boss was a seconds long exercise. Try to kill siegebreaker while geared as a full blown tank with just enough DPS to maintain agro. You'll become reacquainted with D3's rage timers. You'll lose your tanky side about 3 minutes into the fight.

NO I mean Death timers. remember in D3 Vanilla before Inferno was nerfed you could litterally die enough times you would be sitting on a 20-30 second Resurrection timer.
I am a tool. I did not roll strength on it. This is much better now!

http://i.imgur.com/GBZaP6h.png
12/29/2014 10:54 AMPosted by ImmortalKing
Ancient Furnace is better. Yes, I know you don't have it pictured.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn113/djsingurel/Screenshot000.jpg

and that is why this ancient stuff is in my opinion a mistake. You are not looking at the Maximus, making it some alternative to the Furnace, no you always want the ancient Furnace.

So much to diversity in the itemisation.
Well what did you expect? They're giving us the same items with higher numbers. Of course people are going to chase the higher number version of what they already have.

The best we can hope for now is that ancient items were just a joke to keep us occupied until they roll out the actual new stuff.
true, you have a point. It was my mistake to expect more from Blizzard.
furnace wins everytime.
12/29/2014 10:59 AMPosted by wr3kt
Using the the provided stats:

Furnace EDPS (on elite) = 3652 * 1.44 = 5257
Maximus EDPS (+elemental) = 4280 * 1.2 = 5136

Wash on elites, really, ... but clear faster with the Maximus overall. Plus the "extra" DPS from the slave.

Overall - Maximus
Elites - Probably still the Maximus.

Take with a grain of salt as this does not factor in weapon speed, lack of strength, or diminishing returns.