Did I turn god mode on accidentally?

General Discussion
I'm level 37 and mid way through act III, and have the difficulty set as high as it will allow me.

Right from the get-go, all I do is stand there and attack, and everything just falls at my feet... and I mean EVERYTHING. 99% of the time my health level does not move AT ALL., when it does, it will trickle down to maybe 80% health, then instantly jet back up to 100 without any interaction from me. I have never once been close to dying, even at the bosses. I have a continuously growing pile of health potions.

I saw one of those swinging blade obstacles and thought to myself "ok this will surely kill me", sure enough, I could stand there as long as I liked. If this were Diablo I, that thing woulda sliced my !@# in half and left all my valuables and entrails scattered all over the floor. This isn't a game, it's an interactive movie about a super hero who can't die.

And before you say, this isn't the game for me; Yes I have figured that part out already. But I have to bloody finish it.
You must be a hacker.
Please let me be there when you enter grift 40 and get hit by a jailer... please
Don't get used to it =P
You are level 37, the game doesn't get hard until around level 63-64 when you don't have gear that can scale well just yet. Levels 1-59 are different than 60-70 because the scaling goes way up. You will hit a wall around Torment 2-4 until you can get some set pieces working and those don't drop until level 70.
The game doesn't begin until level 70, anything before that is pretty pointless except to see their pathetic storyline.

And at 70 you'll be bored out of your mind anyhow.

My suggestion? Just stop now while you can
Why should I have to wait for a high level to be challenged by a game? I sometimes zone out and doze off while I'm playing, only to wake up finding a pile of corpses at my feet. I guess the "challenge" is making it to level 63 without quitting out of boredom.

I think game devs have actually forgotten what makes a game fun and instead focus on end game crap, "gear", and raw "leveling (which isn't actually leveling because the monsters "dynamically" level with you")".

PSH
The game is balanced this way so you feel powerful. You do feel powerful don't you? That's all they wanted to do with game balance.
That's not balanced. That's a 10 ton f**ing elephant sitting on one side of a seesaw and Starvin Marvin on the other.
Pffft level 37 Barb....my Barb is Level 36 and can do more damage than you. HAHA
Also my barb already has legendaries and set items and more powerful gems.
I'm so strong I don't even need to activate Wrath of the Berserker, and when I do use it I just one shot everything in sight. LOL.

But now I am just messing with ya...but yeah the game is super easy on normal and you won't even die at all on normal difficulty.
Wait until you jump from normal to Torment 1 after finishing the game...so then you still have normal mode level gear on but fighting Torment 1 level monsters coming at you and then you'll be running for your life in no time because you be one shotted by elites.
IDDQD
Watch Your HEALTH at about Level 65-70:

You can get some weapons that do a lot of damage from Level 40 on (some are Level 70 DPS with a reduced level to help You level up)

..btw save those higher DPS weapons if You plan to level other characters!

at Level 65 or so You will start to get hit harder and meet groups that hit harder and You won't have enough Health (at Your Level) to last long.

at Level 70 all Your weapons and gear will increase - and Health will too.
Yes you're a goddess...
So OP is playing on expert......while there is master.... then there is torment 1 -6...

Sure it's easy now. Do act 5 on master and come back to us. Those iron maidens eat melee for breakfast lunch and dinner.
49 Wiz here, and my experience has been the same on Expert although I will say that I've died a couple of times when I got cocky and wandered into a huge field of mobs without realizing there were bosses in there. I'm looking forward to Master/Torment at 60+.
Think of the leveling experience and first play through as the game letting you get acquainted with the mechanics. Once you get into Torment, you'll have a much bigger challenge.
You really don't hit a wall until lvl 50. You will notice the change.
The whole game is completely unbalanced because the developers don't know what they want or how to design the game well to begin with.

They keep tweaking everything and don't care that leveling from 1-70 is completely broken and pointless and insist that this game be played like an MMORPG with everyone at max level.

It's pretty funny that the main point of an ARPG (leveling characters and trying out new stuff) is thrown out of this game and they put in place just mindless loot farming.

Talk about missing the mark.
01/19/2015 07:24 AMPosted by DeadRu
You really don't hit a wall until lvl 50. You will notice the change.

I just dinged 50 and killed Diablo for the first time. Will try Master and report back...
01/18/2015 11:37 PMPosted by Naracus
Why should I have to wait for a high level to be challenged by a game? I sometimes zone out and doze off while I'm playing, only to wake up finding a pile of corpses at my feet. I guess the "challenge" is making it to level 63 without quitting out of boredom.

I think game devs have actually forgotten what makes a game fun and instead focus on end game crap, "gear", and raw "leveling (which isn't actually leveling because the monsters "dynamically" level with you")".

PSH

one of the major problems of the game is the leveling experience. somewhere along the development cycle when D3V was being put out they completely botched it up and forgot "hey these guys have to level through 60 levels! we should make it really fun to do that instead of a tedious grind." next expansion rolls out and even though you only have to go through one story play through you have to level through 70 levels before you get to have "fun".