Where is D3 PVP Arena?

Brawling
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
Four years ago you guys promissed us this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzD9Zf0CDY0

Where is it? I can't find.
Will you make me buy ANOTHER xpansion to have this feature?
Think there was a blue post years ago that said that further development of pvp was put on indefinite hiatus and that they will be focusing on PVE. Basically brawling is pretty much all you are going to get.
They lied and got us with a bait and switch. This is nothing more then a console game disguised as a

PC game, releasing it on PC first was the trick. Everything about this screams console trash.

Reduced player count, maps size (seems like they are mostly hallways), taking pvp out of the game.

Pretty much a lot of watering down of the game.

Blizzard turned what could have been great game into a mediocre dungeon crawler.
That would be awesome if you could have team based PVP like that.
The PvP arena is this whole forum (including all subforums, this one too). Because whenever you give an unpopular idea, you have to battle to get it understood by a majority of posters.

Blizzard, this.. this is NOT the PvP we wanted.
amen to that.....this pvp is horrible i cant even find a single match for pvp if i knew pvp was like this...i would of never bought the game....im very disappointed
02/04/2015 10:06 PMPosted by silvasback
amen to that.....this pvp is horrible i cant even find a single match for pvp if i knew pvp was like this...i would of never bought the game....im very disappointed

The video was 4 years ago.

You could have... just not brought the expansion. Or perhaps the game was good enough, even without the arena, for you to buy the expansion?
02/05/2015 06:13 PMPosted by Eternity

A video showing pvp arena was released 7 days prior to the release of diablo 3.
Right before D3 vanilla released, they announced "Team Deathmatch" would not be available on release but would be implemented soon. About six months later they announced "Team Deathmatch" would not be implemented. "Brawling" was put in the game instead and a suitable replacement for "Team Deathmatch" was promised sometime in the future free of charge. ROS released without this promised replacement.

The Dev's have come right out and said that they deliberately ignored pvp when developing ROS. The fact that I liked the game enough to purchase ROS does not exonerate Blizzard for not producing features that were promised in D3 vanilla.

They are ethically in the wrong. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me they could be legally in the wrong as well. You could say that "Brawling" fulfills their obligation to provide a pvp mode like the "Team Deathmatch" that was advertised, but Blizzard themselves said that it was not when they implemented it. At a bare minimum IMO, "Brawling" would need to be a team based PvP mode, which it is not.
They announced PvP during d3 release and didn't follow through. Simple enough.
02/05/2015 06:13 PMPosted by Eternity
02/04/2015 10:06 PMPosted by silvasback

You could have... just not brought the expansion. Or perhaps the game was good enough, even without the arena, for you to buy the expansion?

The game was released with them still posting about how they were hard at work on it and it was coming at a later date.

It was likely too late for most people that got the game to get a refund since you only have a certain amount of days from your purchase to do it(60, I think, which wasn't the case with the, "we're not doing PvP post).

They basically scammed people.

Also, post about how I have the expansion, I just got it on the hopes they actually start working on PvP again and because my friends talked me in to it. Right before they quit playing the game again a week after the expansion came out.

Now, I just log in from time to time to see if I'm banned because I always make support tickets and posts about this elusive arena based PvP they sold this game to me for.

02/08/2015 12:42 PMPosted by DirkaDirka

They are ethically in the wrong. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me they could be legally in the wrong as well. You could say that "Brawling" fulfills their obligation to provide a pvp mode like the "Team Deathmatch" that was advertised, but Blizzard themselves said that it was not when they implemented it. At a bare minimum IMO, "Brawling" would need to be a team based PvP mode, which it is not.

They are legally wrong. Just nobody want's to actually do anything about it. The reason why we have brawling is because they think that fulfills their "pvp" requirements but it doesn't because it's not what we were sold to get.

False advertisement is a freaking crime, how do people not see that? Unless they like to hide behind "but blizzard is the best company ever" which is usually the case.
Take them to court or !@#$. Simple.
Good topic.
Everyone who post in brawl should make a topic

Where is pvp arena.

Just keep flooding the forums with it for the luls. If anyone should get trolled, its the devs.
02/24/2015 05:39 PMPosted by Urgle
Everyone who post in brawl should make a topic

Where is pvp arena.

Just keep flooding the forums with it for the luls. If anyone should get trolled, its the devs.

That would only work if the developers actually read this forum. There is no indication at the moment that this forum is even read by moderators. Oh and reporting posts (as I've seen players do in general forum) doesn't work; if anything it might result in a temporary ban of forum posting.
If Blizzard has learned anything from WOW or diablo 2, its that trying to add PVP and impossibly balance the imbalanced nature of their PVE games only causes much discontent and scorn from their customer base. Not to mention the negative affects it has on the PVE core of the game.
01/29/2015 08:18 AMPosted by Grimmig
Think there was a blue post years ago that said that further development of pvp was put on indefinite hiatus and that they will be focusing on PVE. Basically brawling is pretty much all you are going to get.

That's so stupid.
A team base PvP (a bit like MoBA but you use your own gears), would be fun!

We can only imagine now though.
The game would be balanced where if you stepped into the PVP arena they provided you with perhaps a standard set of gear or... they could do d2 style where you could challenge people to a duel and wander off and fight outside.
Point blank . Diablo2 LoD had endgame which gave countless hours of what ever project you wanted.
People were crafting and doing gem runs
People were decked out in mF gear doing Baal runs
Some were in the duels chat geting smoked on by a maxed out Amazon or paladin.
The 3 above memory's are vague there's so much more to it I can't creatively express in to lucid fantasy recurrence but you all know what I'm talking about. Diablo2 was iconic we skipped education to invest into the gameplay yes millions of school kids skipped school on a daily basis to obsess over finding sojs and bulkathos or what ever currency was king (remember perfect skull days haha x.x)
Point is diablo3 has nothing to obsess over you beat it and its done. So many hold it in standards in which diablo2 had even if it robbed their childhood lmao and they give it such high high standards it could just never fulfill I think blizzard saw this before anyone and jumped ship. However not to say they couldn't of just recreated diablo2 the way it was and add more !@#$ to do with all new items ... The servers would be packed right now it woulda been wayyy cheaper and just as profitable I'm sure. I hope they fix pvp for diablo3 it is a painful memory that those days are gone.