Weapon reroll calculator

Wizard
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O9FtwgePbBRohdzP9V0f86Wtpb2apscNNTeyYnkKQCo/edit#gid=0

Go to file - make a copy.

Thus ends all reroll questions.

Credit to u/might_be_a_terrorist
The reroll ranges aren't exactly 1.3x higher for ancient weapons, there's a bit of rounding error to make the ranges whole integers.

See:
http://i.imgur.com/4RQeopi.png

For the actual ranges.
This stuff is way beyond me. Should we just use doly's tools? I liked this one because its stupid easy.
I'm just saying you should use a different set of affixes for ancient items instead of the nonancient affixes * 1.3
I didn't make it and would have no idea how to fix it.
I'll take it off the FAQ I guess since it's wrong.
Thanks for the heads up.
Ahh thought you did make.
changed to credit to. Opinion on what I should I do for FAQ, just link dolytools?
01/22/2015 08:47 AMPosted by BDF
I'm just saying you should use a different set of affixes for ancient items instead of the nonancient affixes * 1.3

For all intents and purposes, that calculator will be correct within a few hundredths. It's also extremely easy to use - which is what the newbies need.
01/22/2015 10:41 AMPosted by DrewPWeener
For all intents and purposes, that calculator will be correct within a few hundredths

Too far off imo =P
01/22/2015 10:43 AMPosted by BDF
01/22/2015 10:41 AMPosted by DrewPWeener
For all intents and purposes, that calculator will be correct within a few hundredths

Too far off imo =P

xD I challenge you to find an instance where it doesn't correctly calculate the displayed damage on a weapon in game. If you can find one, I'll edit that calculator =)
Remember I made a "maximizing weapon DPS" video to complement my "How to reroll your Furnace" thread?

Some guy left me a comment on YouTube linking to a spreadsheet he made in response to the video.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LQs-sQlZhmajRWYXBKWkhOUFE/view?pli=1

I haven't played around with it all that much. Let me know if it helps.
BDF is just a numbers type of guy. I'm only interested in the fact it puts out the right answer not whether it is correct to 15 significant digits. BDF wants to know what the number is exactly.
Bah, why are all the potentially good tools are on Google docs? :(

I have time to waste at work and want to look things up but can't. QQ :(
01/22/2015 10:45 AMPosted by DrewPWeener
xD I challenge you to find an instance where it doesn't correctly calculate the displayed damage on a weapon in game. If you can find one, I'll edit that calculator =)

Perfect rolled ancient 1h mace

x1.3 method:
[(316 + 1199*1.3)+(585+1490*1.3)]/2 * 1.2 = 2638.02, or 2638.0 displayed

Actual affixes:

[(316 + 1560) + (585+1940)]/2 * 1.2 = 2640.6, or 2640.6 displayed

You can see it as incorrect in the 'Possible Rolls' section at the bottom. The calculator disproves itself, it correctly calculates DPS from the inputs, but the number displayed for comparison "with Max Damage Rolls" which is pulled from the chart on the other tab is incorrect.

Which makes me wonder if I'm missing something since there is a big arrow labeled 'Corrected' pointing at the only number I suspect of being wrong?
01/22/2015 11:06 AMPosted by BDF
01/22/2015 10:45 AMPosted by DrewPWeener

Perfect rolled ancient 1h mace

x1.3 method:
[(316 + 1199*1.3)+(585+1490*1.3)]/2 * 1.2 = 2638.02, or 2638.0 displayed

Actual affixes:

[(316 + 1560) + (585+1940)]/2 * 1.2 = 2640.6, or 2640.6 displayed

You can see it as incorrect in the 'Possible Rolls' section at the bottom. The calculator disproves itself, it correctly calculates DPS from the inputs, but the number displayed for comparison "with Max Damage Rolls" which is pulled from the chart on the other tab is incorrect.

Which makes me wonder if I'm missing something since there is a big arrow labeled 'Corrected' pointing at the only number I suspect of being wrong?

Double checked the affix ranges for Ancients, you were right. I've went ahead and added those. Thank you.
See the support we get at Wiz forums? :) BDF is the man, even if he can't rent a car.
01/22/2015 11:02 AMPosted by Azliet
Bah, why are all the potentially good tools are on Google docs? :(

I have time to waste at work and want to look things up but can't. QQ :(

If you have an item that you want to reroll I can enter the values for you =)
01/22/2015 11:34 AMPosted by Pallis
See the support we get at Wiz forums? :) BDF is the man, even if he can't rent a car.

The monks are leaking into your forum today =)
01/22/2015 11:41 AMPosted by DrewPWeener

We even get support from other classes! :p Very useful tool, thank you for the effort. You are welcome here anytime.
01/22/2015 11:43 AMPosted by Pallis
01/22/2015 11:41 AMPosted by DrewPWeener

We even get support from other classes! :p Very useful tool, thank you for the effort. You are welcome here anytime.

It's important to follow up with critique to my work. If it's inaccurate I could potentially mess up somebody's reroll - which I would feel incredibly bad about. I'll use any information that would potentially improve the tool.