Important Notice: Patch 2.1.2 & Season Rollover

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 2 3 4 17 Next
Why can you not just end the season for the 2-3 weeks that you initiate this patch? This makes every leaderboard GR up to this point null-and-void, because the field on which we play is significantly different!

How can technical limitations stop you from ceasing the season leader-boards when you implement this patch?
This isn't clear at all.

They said 3rd Feb AT THE EARLIEST for S1 end. A rollover period, as yet undefined will occur prior to the start of S2.

Therefore, 13 Jan is not a definite date for release of the patch.

3 weeks prior to Season rollover is what/when?

All in all crappy considering how long has since passed from their original release date i.e prior to Xmas break.
For the love of god, please confirm an actual DATE for the patch.

Enough of this cryptic bull!@#$... is it January 13th? I know you guys hate to commit to anything whatsoever, but this is getting silly.
01/07/2015 10:44 AMPosted by Teddy
Season 2 doesn't start on 2/3/2015... Season 1 is ending on 2/3/2015 barring any unforseen circumstances. Season 2 does not start immediately after Season 1 ends as per Blue's prior post regarding the end of Season 1.

They should just end season 1 with new patch that is coming out next week assuming it is. Then start season 2 on 2/3/2015.
Why cant I downvote the bluepost ?

-10000 btw
01/07/2015 11:23 AMPosted by OneHungLow
This isn't clear at all.

They said 3rd Feb AT THE EARLIEST for S1 end. A rollover period, as yet undefined will occur prior to the start of S2.

Therefore, 13 Jan is not a definite date for release of the patch.

3 weeks prior to Season rollover is what/when?

All in all crappy considering how long has since passed from their original release date i.e prior to Xmas break.

February 3rd is the rollover.
So they will finally kill PTR on the 9th and move the patch to "soon (no really now)", so the new gear will make the ladders for S1 kind of a joke now.
That is actually good news, since indeed most players will not care about this one bit.

But!

Why not option C:

- Move the Season rollover to next monday. No 2.1.2 changes during Season 1. Launch the 2.1.2 the patch day after. Start Season 2 whenever, possibly just at the currently intended time.

Nobody will get mad over their lost ladder position, nobody (read the comments on the 3 Feb announcement!) will care too much about Season 1 ending sooner, everybody wins since there is new content at an earlier time!
im N.O. 8 in monk rank list in nonseason. if u use plan B then what have i done in last 6 months. its your choice, if u really use plan B, you will lose a lot of user.and i think one season has long time to be familiar with new patch. i think u should end season 1 in next week. then open S2 in next month.
I think the majority of the people have agreed that Season 1 should end as soon as possible.

Then Implement the patch 2.1.2.

Then start Season 2 a couple of weeks after the patch has stabilized.

This keeps Season 1 unaffected by the patch and Season 2 unaffected by the patch.

I am all for getting the new content ASAP. I honestly don't care about the leader boards from Season 1, so I am happy with whatever gets us the new content from Patch 2.1.2 at the earliest we can try it out. It would be fantastic if it happened prior to Season 2 because I have several friends I've convinced to come back to Diablo 3 when Season 2 starts so we can all be starting on equal ground.

PaFisher
01/07/2015 11:32 AMPosted by DarkKnight
im N.O. 8 in monk rank list in nonseason. if u use plan B then what have i done in last 6 months

I am ranked 26 in EU dh with gear for top 5 rank, what I have farmed for ? yes they are completely retarded.

Lessons learned: Play the shiatiest class and the shiatiest build so it wont get nerfed

I feel with ya bro
So to put it into smooth wording.

Diablo 3 PATCH 2.1.2 will be releasing next tuesday, 3 weeks before the February 3rd season end date they gave us.

Good choice! awesome stuff.
And with this I say goodbye.

This decision makes it clear that the D3 team doesn't understand the time and effort put into competing in the ladder system. I feel bad for those of us who are on the leaderboards. I can understand that the savings of a few days is a small positive for those who casually play the game. But those of us who have habitualized the competitive aspect of the game have had all their efforts stolen from them today. I am absolutely shocked at Tyvalir's post.

It seems that the only blizzard supporters these days are those who keep playing the game and draw the crowds in though streaming, competitive play and public support. These people are the ones that push the envelope in building and popularizing new builds. And quite often these are the same folks that are at the top of the leaderboards.

Perhaps I don't understand why they couldn't deliver on the original schedule of ending season 1 intact without the big changes that 2.1.2 will bring. From this side of the fence it seems that either delaying the patch a week or making the season end earlier than February 3rd would make the competitive players happy.

At this point it doesn't really matter as my post would be drowned into oblivion by all the casual posts about how much better it is for folks who haven't invested so much into the competitive aspects of the game.

I guess this ends everyone's push on the leaderboards. And quite honestly this also ends my long support of the blizzard brand. To all my friends, thank you for the fun times. And to the blizzard employees that cared, thank you for your efforts.

NAT.
Please, please, please, freeze the leaderboards when 2.1.2 comes into effect. Unfreeze when Season 2 / Era 2 starts. Everyone would be happy.
01/07/2015 11:36 AMPosted by Beni
01/07/2015 11:32 AMPosted by DarkKnight
im N.O. 8 in monk rank list in nonseason. if u use plan B then what have i done in last 6 months

I am ranked 26 in EU dh with gear for top 5 rank, what I have farmed for ? yes they are completely retarded.

Lessons learned: Play the shiatiest class and the shiatiest build so it wont get nerfed

I feel with ya bro

If you are both NON-SEASONAL players, then whether they drop the patch with Season 1 still going or after Season 2 starts won't have any affect on you at all.

You guys don't make any sense.

PAFisher
When season 2 will start? Need to set my alarm clock.
01/07/2015 10:12 AMPosted by TheChemist
so, since season 2 will start on 2/3/2015, we should get patch 2.12 three weeks before that, which means next Tuesday?

As mentioned previously, February 3rd is the earliest date that we would be able to begin the Seasonal rollover, which means the patch could fall as early as next Tuesday. It's important to remember, however, that this is just the earliest date it may fall, and that it may change if the need arises.
01/07/2015 11:39 AMPosted by NotAllThere
This decision makes it clear that the D3 team doesn't understand the time and effort put into competing in the ladder system. I feel bad for those of us who are on the leaderboards

+1

No they care about the casuals which play the game for 2 weeks after every patch and then they won't come back. they don't care about the core player basement which finds cool builds and perfect their gear. THEY JUST DONT GIVE A SHIAT
01/07/2015 10:43 AMPosted by RageSpy
Does this schedule align with the console releases? IE, can we expect to get the console patch on the same day as PC? Or will there be a lag?

Our current goal is to release patch 2.1.2 on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on the same day. This may change depending on a variety of reasons, but we are indeed hoping to provide a simultaneous launch (or as close to one as possible).
I dont really get it... you had at least a month of PTR testing to test out new items, and the patch.... This is not as big of a patch as the last one, and still season 1 end, patch, season 2 start cant be done in a reasonable time frame?
WHOW.

On a positive note bring on season 2.... So many people are playing POE till feb 3rd as is.