Boon of the Hoarder drops from Grift Guardian now?

Items and Crafting
Just had a BotH drop from grift guardian, I'm assuming it's no longer required to find the realm of greed? Had one SC non-season, but I'd been looking for one S1 HC, so I'm indifferent at the moment, but whatever..
yes. Classic example of the devs listening to the players. Everyone complained it was too hard to find and wha-laa :)
Wow another reason to not come back.
I believe you had to have found it from a Portal before in order for it to drop from a RG.
01/13/2015 01:11 PMPosted by Dedmnwlkn
I believe you had to have found it from a Portal before in order for it to drop from a RG.

This^ Makes it easier to acquire more if you've already obtained one from the vault.
01/13/2015 01:11 PMPosted by Dedmnwlkn

Makes no sense at all. I don't need anymore. Its just there to add another layer of rng.
May as well remove the vault now ffs.
Once you've obtained the Boon of the Hoarder for the first time by killing Greed, you can then obtain additional copies by killing Greater Rift Guardians. As with other Legendary Gems, it will only drop from Greater Rift Guardians if you don't already have it equipped on your current character or stored in your stash.

Because your Hardcore and normal progress are independent of one another, finding this gem with your Hardcore character will only enable it to drop from Greater Rift Guardians in Hardcore mode. You'll have to find Greed with a normal game mode character for it to drop from Greater Rift Guardians in that game mode.

Hope that helps!
01/13/2015 04:20 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Once you've obtained the Boon of the Hoarder for the first time by killing Greed, you can then obtain additional copies by killing Greater Rift Guardians. As with other Legendary Gems, it will only drop from Greater Rift Guardians if you don't already have it equipped on your current character or stored in your stash.

Because your Hardcore and normal progress are independent of one another, finding this gem with your Hardcore character will only enable it to drop from Greater Rift Guardians in Hardcore mode. You'll have to find Greed with a normal game mode character for it to drop from Greater Rift Guardians in that game mode.

Hope that helps!

i just got my first boon of the hoarder from a rift guardian. havent even seen vault
01/13/2015 05:17 PMPosted by l2eaper1
i just got my first boon of the hoarder from a rift guardian. havent even seen vault

Same to me.
Never seen the vault, got Boon on my first post patch grift today
Never been in a vault, got the BoH today from my first Grift.
01/13/2015 04:20 PMPosted by Tyvalir

Hope that helps!

LOL. You made it drop from normal rift guardians invalidating the vault completely making it easy for every scrub and his dog to get.Bravo well done !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
I've never realized that the Boon of Hoarder can drop from any boss other than Greed at any point. This is interesting.
Sounds like this is bugged. There must be some step that checks if you have killed greed before and if so, boon of hoarder will drop from grift guardian.

But it looks like it's ignoring this check and dropping them anyway.

01/13/2015 01:06 PMPosted by spectr3

And really?? This is preventing you from coming back? If this bug is on your radar then I can't even begin to imagine how easy it is for you to get your panties in a wad. Please do us a favor and stay away for good to spare us from your whining and crying on the forums.
01/14/2015 06:18 AMPosted by SynnikuL
Sounds like this is bugged. There must be some step that checks if you have killed greed before and if so, boon of hoarder will drop from grift guardian.

But it looks like it's ignoring this check and dropping them anyway.

01/13/2015 01:06 PMPosted by spectr3

And really?? This is preventing you from coming back? If this bug is on your radar then I can't even begin to imagine how easy it is for you to get your panties in a wad. Please do us a favor and stay away for good to spare us from your whining and crying on the forums.

Why is he crying? It is the casuals who cried and whined about not getting Vault portals.If this isn't a bug then it COMPLETELY INVALIDATES THE VAULT therefore catering to cry babies yet again and removing any uniqueness in having the gem.
Bump. Need an official response here.
If anyone can get the hoarder gem, it means that the gem is meaningless, almost like I'm playing a video ga-

oh my GOD
I can confirm last night I had a boon drop from a grift guardian. I have never been in a goblin portal. Thought it was interesting when I had a gem drop.