Business suggestion for Blizzard

General Discussion
When I was a younger man, I supplemented my income by teaching youngsters how to play musical instruments. I had one student named John who was about 10 years old, and desperately wanted to play the tuba. Now the tuba is a fairly simply instrument to play, especially when you are just starting out, but poor John, after a few months of lessons and daily practicing, he had made very little, if any, progress. Finally, I sat him down with his back to a piano and played a couple of notes and asked which note was a higher tone. He guessed and out of about 10 pairs of notes only got 3 correct. He was totally tone deaf. I kindly informed him that he was wasting his time and that he physically could not be a musician of any kind.

Blizzard is like John. After many years of trying, they simply do not have the ability to make on-line games that work. They cannot host stable servers for the games to be played on. They cannot code the games to work as they, and the players, want them to work. They cannot fine tune the concept of the games to operate in a way that makes them enjoyable for most of their customers.

They should give up. Quit making video games. Maybe they can write games for Game Boys, or cell phones. Definitely not games that are required to be played on their servers.

Or maybe they should just close up shop and go find real jobs that they have the ability to do adequately.
01/18/2015 12:11 PMPosted by Jostef
When I was a younger man, I supplemented my income by teaching youngsters how to play musical instruments. I had one student named John who was about 10 years old, and desperately wanted to play the tuba. Now the tuba is a fairly simply instrument to play, especially when you are just starting out, but poor John, after a few months of lessons and daily practicing, he had made very little, if any, progress. Finally, I sat him down with his back to a piano and played a couple of notes and asked which note was a higher tone. He guessed and out of about 10 pairs of notes only got 3 correct. He was totally tone deaf. I kindly informed him that he was wasting his time and that he physically could not be a musician of any kind.

Blizzard is like John. After many years of trying, they simply do not have the ability to make on-line games that work. They cannot host stable servers for the games to be played on. They cannot code the games to work as they, and the players, want them to work. They cannot fine tune the concept of the games to operate in a way that makes them enjoyable for most of their customers.

They should give up. Quit making video games. Maybe they can write games for Game Boys, or cell phones. Definitely not games that are required to be played on their servers.

Or maybe they should just close up shop and go find real jobs that they have the ability to do adequately.

Yeah! You should show them how it's done Jostef. Lesse here...where's your multi-billion dollar company that can really show up Blizzard with your own personal business model on how things SHOULD be done?

Link me to your website. I'll play your games.

Maybe you should stick to music and stop playing games.
Computer games work on both ends.. Even Windows has it bad days and bad updates and then they fix it. Even im sure mac has their bad issues.

Sounds to me like your like your student Programming Deaf. Unless you can do it don't judge Those who can.. As for your Student good way to give up on him. I Played Trumpet for years.. An I Draw. I had a friend who wanted to draw as good as I did. AN I told him keep trying till he finds what he liked. An his calling was animals. Yah a piano is a good way to hear tone. But really.. Tell the kid to smash on it some get him on the drums, Let him try something. Because the mind can grow and for you do that to a 10 year your just a joke. I wouldn't take my kid to you for teaching if you offered me a million dollars.

If you think the mind can not be trained. Well back in high school I though Linkin park was music with a bunch of screaming. It took me to watch the video crawling to see the point in the music and suddenly all the screaming went away. An I am one who like classical Jazz because some old man got me hooked on it.

Maybe you should judge yourself, before you judge others.
desperately wanted to play the tuba

I doubt this is true, rest of post is now suspect.

WoW says hi.

I'm sure Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch will say hi sometime soon as well.
what the hell are you talking about?

"After many years of trying, they simply do not have the ability to make on-line games that work."

i don't play it anymore but they have the #1 online game.. sc2 is also online
heartstone and overwatch.. servers are over all mostly stable.

so i can't agree with your cheap try of trolling.
Yeah you must be right OP and how did Blizz get to be a multi billion dollar corporation again? I should be that tone deaf.
they simply do not have the ability to make on-line games that work.
please enlighten us and share the link of all your on-line game creations that made it oh so big ?
They cannot code the games to work as they, and the players, want them to work. They cannot fine tune the concept of the games to operate in a way that makes them enjoyable for most of their customers.

Yet you bought both Diablo 3 and RoS.

If you and millions like you want Blizzard to fail then STOP MAKING THEM SUCCEED!

You are directly responsible for your own problems here. You hate their servers and yet buy the ONLY version of Diablo 3 that's online only. You hate this game and company so bad that you want them to stop being in business at all and then buy Reaper of Souls.

For all I know you've even played StarCraft 2 or some of their F2P games on the market further digging your own grave.

Blizzard has a great future because the haters refuse to move on.
So what I'm reading...

If I'm tone deaf, I can have a billion dollar software empire?

Maybe I'm confused. Maybe reading posts isn't for me, and I should play tuba.

You are to Diablo 3 as little Johnny was to the Tuba.
But John was no Katy Perry.

That's the difference.
As much as D3 is bad, Blizzard is great at making high-quality games.