Login and Connection Issues - January 2 (Updated)

Blizzard Archive
1 2 3 15 Next
[UPDATE] 4:10 p.m. PST: The connection issues reported earlier appear to have been resolved. Thanks to everyone for being patient with us while we looked into and addressed your reports. As ever, we will continue to monitor the status of our games and incoming reports from our players.

If you ever have difficulty accessing our sites during a service outage, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team via Twitter or by submitting a Customer Support ticket:

@BlizzardCS (Twitter): https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS

Customer Support Page: https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/topic/d3/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] 1:49 p.m. PST: We're continuing to work to address issues affecting login, connectivity, and long game queues. We don't have a new ETA to share at this time regarding when these issues will be resolved, but we'll continue to provide updates in this thread as new information become available.

Thank you to everyone for being so patient. We hope to have you all back into Battle.net and playing your game of choice as soon as possible!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[UPDATE] 11:55 a.m. PST: At this time we are currently hoping to have login and connectivity restored for both Battle.net and Diablo III in approximately 90 minutes. Please note that this just an estimate, however, and that these issues may take longer to resolve.

As always, should this estimate change, and should these issues persist after that time frame has expired, we will post an update to this thread. We will also be sure to provide an update once all issues are resolved.

Good morning, everyone!

We're aware that many players are experiencing issues both logging into and staying connected to several of our games, including Diablo III.

While we don't have an ETA to share at this time for when login and connectivity will be restored, we're working to address the issues presently and will provide further updates as more information becomes available. You can follow this thread for those updates or check out our @BlizzardCS Twitter feed.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this service interruption has caused, and would like to thank you so much for your patience (and your reports). We hope to have our Battle.net service restored and running smoothly just as quickly as possible.
[UPDATE] 11:55 a.m. PST: At this time we are currently hoping to have login and connectivity restored for both Battle.net and Diablo III in approximately 90 minutes. Please note that this just an estimate, however, and that these issues may take longer to resolve.

As always, should this estimate change, and should these issues persist after that time frame has expired, we will post an update to this thread. We will also be sure to provide an update once all issues are resolved.
We heard 90 minutes ETA, over 90 minutes ago. This better be serious

Also is showing I do not have Reaper of Souls in the battle net app part of this bug? I have indeed purchased reaper of souls, my characters prove that.
I just want to play diablo.
wtf i dont have work to day and i got nothing to do i wanted to play and now blizzard drops the ball on a busy gaming day what the hell
01/02/2015 11:53 AMPosted by Revention

Also is showing I do not have Reaper of Souls in the battle net app part of this bug? I have indeed purchased reaper of souls, my characters prove that.

there are issues with the client atm obviously, wait till after its back up to speculate more problems.
i have one day off...... and all i wanted to do it play this. i am not even at 70 lvl yet......
01/02/2015 11:58 AMPosted by Meshuggah
01/02/2015 11:53 AMPosted by Revention

there are issues with the client atm obviously, wait till after its back up to speculate more problems.
...it's 100% definitely not client-side... lol

also, once your battlenet client resolves a connection with the servers, you'll see the ros layout again. it has a tendency to do that when there's no connection. your ros is not gone :P
01/02/2015 11:53 AMPosted by Tyvalir
Update 11:55 a.m. PST: At this time we are currently hoping to have login and connectivity restored for both Battle.net and Diablo III in approximately 90 minutes. Please note that this just an estimate, however, and that these issues may take longer to resolve.

thanks
i took the day off to have the 4 day weekend... i rarely get to play because of my schedule, then this happens. so disapointed... atleast give us offline mode lol like why is that non existant. while im ranting thanks for nerfing the !@#$ out of DH's in 2.1.2 as soon as i got my marauder bonus
Is the issue an D-DOS attack?
Of course this happens one of the few days I feel like playing. Like clockwork.
Same, the week before term starts again!!!!
First day in a month that my wife leaves to hang out with her friends. I got 4 hours of stress free gaming ahead. Then this happens.....

I demand blizzard increase the drop rates of legendaries for this incident !
01/02/2015 12:06 PMPosted by GetEZ
01/02/2015 11:58 AMPosted by Meshuggah

...it's 100% definitely not client-side... lol

also, once your battlenet client resolves a connection with the servers, you'll see the ros layout again. it has a tendency to do that when there's no connection. your ros is not gone :P

just remember.
always online FTW.

if there was offline you would be happily playing your solo character while waiting for them to fix their mess.
just a quick question...i'm already sitting in the game...should i log out and back in when things are fixed to make the changes take affect, or can i stay in game?
Hope to be playing D3 Soon™ :)
Its North Korea man, the retaliation begins..... The Nuclear Apocalypse is upon us, battlenet is just the start.
It isn't there fault though I know from experience that maintaining a sever for any length of time has many issues to deal with; from losing a port connection, to Telus online censorship and IP tampering.