Is it wizard removed from the game?

Wizard
i`ve been playing normal rift for last whole two days and doing 10 rounds of bounties today but never seen any wizard playing in the game. why is that happening?

oh, sorry, actually i`m playing wizard, but still u cant see yourself like me too right? :/
i have a cold support monk thats fun to play, a fire sader and a doc that dumb
ya ya ya fun cold lightning and whatever.

Firebird was the failed design. i knew it since it`s 1st introduced to use when the launch of ROS. fire? really? fire only?

http://tw.battle.net/d3/zh/profile/Lawson-1826/career

i have 1.4k hours on my wizard. and now with the new patch wizard falling in to wizdog AGAIN, remember fb was useless during the whole 2.0 to 2.1.

so dont tell me what`s fun what`s dont, if u reach the amount of times with the same class and it still lacklustre as it is now, u`ll know how i feel.
Do you mean "normal" rifts or non greater rifts. If you are playing in normal, I have no idea why anyone would be playing the lowest difficulty rifts in the first place. If you mean T6 rifts then I usually run with an organized group through community or clan.

When it comes to normal bounties I have not met a player that can keep up. I typically complete 3 bounties by the time the other party members complete 1. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gudmugly-1581/hero/55190000

I have not noticed a lack of wizards in my games when I do make them open to public. Sometimes you get wizards and sometimes you get something else. Maybe you are encountering a hidden layer of RNG?? lol
01/24/2015 04:52 AMPosted by Parminio
So how's that double mammoth hydra working this patch? I've had that wand for some time but never used it.
It's working pretty well. I beat a 40 grift with dual mammoth which is only notable because I couldn't beat a 40 before the patch with my furnace.
01/24/2015 04:44 AMPosted by gudmugly
Do you mean "normal" rifts or non greater rifts. If you are playing in normal, I have no idea why anyone would be playing the lowest difficulty rifts in the first place. If you mean T6 rifts then I usually run with an organized group through community or clan.

When it comes to normal bounties I have not met a player that can keep up. I typically complete 3 bounties by the time the other party members complete 1. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gudmugly-1581/hero/55190000

I have not noticed a lack of wizards in my games when I do make them open to public. Sometimes you get wizards and sometimes you get something else. Maybe you are encountering a hidden layer of RNG?? lol

normal bounties? why r u doing it on normal? t6 droprate is 100%!

i`m tier 43 wiz btw, i cant touch a !@#$ before all my party members kills all the elites. ur party members must be sucks to the hell, or they dont know how to play monk, dh and barb.

yea soloing can kill elites with one blazar huh, but the elites already dead before the blackhole blows up when u team up with barb monk and dh, and you still think ur are that good of a wizard.
01/24/2015 06:12 AMPosted by Lawson
01/24/2015 04:44 AMPosted by gudmugly

normal bounties? why r u doing it on normal? t6 droprate is 100%!

i`m tier 43 wiz btw, i cant touch a !@#$ before all my party members kills all the elites. ur party members must be sucks to the hell, or they dont know how to play monk, dh and barb.

yea soloing can kill elites with one blazar huh, but the elites already dead before the blackhole blows up when u team up with barb monk and dh, and you still think ur are that good of a wizard.
I farm normal for rift key fragments. Most of my setups either don't use a rorg or have a decent enough one already. T6 = looking for rorg, Normal = looking for rift key frags. In T6 just about every other class clears the screen before my DoT kicks in. In normal I just teleport and everything dies. I farmed almost 800 rift frags in 3 days and that isn't even strictly doing bounties.
Player base will always play what they perceive to be the most powerful class, shocking. Just like everyone and their brother played FO wiz, this month it's DH, wait another month it will be something else.

Get used to it.

Wiz is still my favorite class to play. The fact that they do a couple of GR levels less performance is actually pretty commendable from a balancing standpoint. I really wish the whambulance player base could actually try and balance this game and see what a nightmare dealing with a huge matrix of skills and gear is.

You're also free to play whatever class it is you think is overpowered or better, luckily you aren't chained to your desk and forced to play something you believe is inferior, unless you just like being a victim that is.
Just a question for Gudmugly. Did your Serpent Sparkler drop with 6 attributes and a slot? I would love to slot mine but I can't decide which attribute to give up.
01/25/2015 10:46 AMPosted by Fizban
Just a question for Gudmugly. Did your Serpent Sparkler drop with 6 attributes and a slot? I would love to slot mine but I can't decide which attribute to give up.
It dropped with vitality that I rerolled into 7% attack speed and I added the socket with ramaladni gift.

edit: I just looked at your SS, I would advise dropping life on hit for attack speed. You have life on hit to spare and attack speed would boost your damage output.
Ramaladni's?? No need to roll sockets onto stuff anymore.
Wizards are probably the hardest class to play at the moment, and even with the best gear aren't able to keep up with every other class because they don't have BURST damage. The wizard class is the only class that can't burst damage like every other class, they are an AoE class. In the 3+ seconds it takes to get the FB DoT going (disintegrate + hydra + blizzard + black hole), the other classes have already killed the elite packs so whatever advantage FireBird's had before is now worthless.

Monks: Tempest Monks can burst for over a billion crits. EP Monks can nuke an entire pack once a single enemy dies.

DHs: Demon Hunters are able to burst for BILLIONS of damage per second with all sentries down. The sentries don't even have to be on the same screen..

Barbies: FC barbs can kill entire mobs and elite packs before a wizard even gets in range, bursting between mobs.

Crusaders: Pony Saders and Shotgun Saders are also burst attacks that are more powerful than a full FB DoT wizard.

Witch Doctors: Jade Witch Doctors can nuke mobs and elites for well over a Billion damage every 5-6 seconds.

Until Wizards get a bursting attack they will NOT be able to compete with the other classes, even if the FB DoT were increased to 10,000 DPS. In the time it takes for the FB DoT to be applied the other classes will have already done 20,000 DPS and the pack will already be dead.

The only good use would in the greater rift bosses, but no body wants to play with wizards i'm afraid. That class needs a LOT of help...
Wizard is not only weakest class in game, also extremely boring now.

Worst class by far.
01/24/2015 03:30 AMPosted by Parminio
It's not an OP character to play. Most folks are only playing Demon Hunters, Monks, or Barbarians because they're easy to play with cookie cutter builds that wipe things out in a hurry.

Wizards and Witch Doctors typically require a little bit more skill, so nobody bothers with them much.

You're wrong though. People do play them. In fact, I abandoned the Firebird's set out of sheer boredom with the Wizard and put together a cold build. It's not as powerful as the Firebird's build, but it's a lot more challenging (and fun) to play.

The beautiful part is that you take no damage because about 45% of the time everything on the screen is frozen solid and can't move.

Lets face it. All classes are easy to play if they have a fotm build.