We've voiced why we quit; How is Blizzard fixing it?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 36 Next
12/23/2014 03:58 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I had a dream about that in the past couple days. Very odd.

Was I in it?
12/23/2014 03:44 PMPosted by Drothvader
An upside to this however is that they are adding more sets to the game to give players more diversity in which ones they use.

I still want to know why they don't just give us 7 gear slots. That's basically what sets do. Fill 6 slots with bland items that do nothing on their own for a bonus, then pick the last 7 slots. Just let players pick the dang bonus and look for their other slots if this is how dumbed down it's going to be.

Character progression is too heavily focused on randomness without any character development.

Doesn't address the complaint at its core. The complaint is that the "Big strong Nephalem" are really just bland dolls who are nothing without their gear. Character development is a sequence of player driven choices which makes a character stronger regardless of what they are wearing (or not). Paragon is an example of this, but is so limited in scope (uninteresting choices) and power that it doesn't feel very weighty in the grand scheme of things. Further, grind enough and you get all the points anyway, so there is no choice, consequences, opportunity cost, etc. I'm not building "my barb"' that excels at X, weak against Y. I'm building "The barb" which is everyone's barb sans dice rolled items.

In short, since I've given up on expecting miracles, my litmus test for if the game is worth my time will be how Death's Bargain is doing as an item once this patch hits. If it scales well enough with the new gems and whatnot, thenscaling / off builds are in a better place. Otherwise the game has the same core problems and will still probably be shelved by me until they're fixed.
Paragon doesn't contribute much if anything at all to character progression.

Here's a really interesting video by Jaetch which actually proves that Paragon is meaningless:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C54X0_Elcw

Any system in which 700+ levels of character "development" can simply be dispensed with, is a failure. Hey, Josh? This is not the meaningful character customization that players had been asking for "since the beginning." This is not meaningful character customization at all.

Paragon doesn't contribute much if anything at all to character progression.

Even though I was normally not a huge fan of your views, THANK YOU for this thread.

I have not officially quit but am close to it. No one on friend's list or clan logs in any longer. I tend to just haunt the forums...very depressing.

Even if my views differ on trading, etc, I do commend you for trying and I hope that this thread continues on..to get enough attention from Blizz. I hate to quit for good but I am soooo close.
12/23/2014 11:39 PMPosted by BigGuns
For those that find that this is not the game for them despite how much they wanted it to be, I say, move on. Or should I too quote Disney and say..."Let it go"? :)

Fun bit of irony: I just got done watching Frozen for the first time. Damn that song is catchy as hell. I usually really dislike Disney musical type movies, but that one was awesome.

At least now I know where Jaetch got the inspiration for his (her?) music and song for the Firebird video (which I promptly downloaded the moment I finished watching it).
2. Protect the innocent.
3. Uphold the law.
4. Smash, Jay, Smash!
I don't post but,,, unavoidable damage has to go and,,,,, If u ever find a witching hour or a r gift non ladder only reason I did seasons and btw, Rng with the new team still blows,,, expecting deleation in 5,4,3,,2, ohh god im going to get a ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Btw just f**n done with this game, no one that was d2 hard core plays any more, glad we are all gone for the new gen gamers,,, so sad hope they make a high deff D2,,,,, we can only dream,, ohh well like Jay Willson said F#@ that looser jay brevik,,, hope I loose all my accounts so I have to play !@#$ graphic d 2 until the real d 3 comes out,,, shure this will get me perma banned to bad no one will read it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
The people quitting are the people Blizzard want to quit though. These forum complainers are the main thing wrong with the game.
12/24/2014 01:45 AMPosted by Kobrakai
The people quitting are the people Blizzard want to quit though. These forum complainers are the main thing wrong with the game.

That is generalizing all of us that are unhappy with this game. I have been here since launch...please do not stereotype our complaints. Many of those complaints are legit.
12/24/2014 01:58 AMPosted by BoneMama
12/24/2014 01:45 AMPosted by Kobrakai

That is generalizing all of us that are unhappy with this game. I have been here since launch...please do not stereotype our complaints. Many of those complaints are legit.

Hear, hear! Also, the idea that Blizzard want to drive away customers is ridiculous.
12/24/2014 02:07 AMPosted by OldSchool
12/24/2014 01:58 AMPosted by BoneMama

Hear, hear! Also, the idea that Blizzard want to drive away customers is ridiculous.

Yes, seems ridiculous but you never know. Sometimes I do wonder what the heck is going on and why the ruining of fun and even just experimenting?

I rarely log on to comment but I have lurked since launch and played as well...too many things ruined and taken. Not enough given back...
I really feel Blizz is treat us as second class gamers, they really dont give a f... about us and d3ros anymore, just an opinion, just as i feel
12/24/2014 02:15 AMPosted by darkenergy0
I really feel Blizz is treat us as second class gamers, they really dont give a f... about us and d3ros anymore, just an opinion, just as i feel

We are not supposed to "feel!". I get where you are coming from. I am so depressed about not even wanting to log in lately...sure I have a family and professional life but D3 was my only game.

LOL, sounds like an AA meeting!
All I have to apologize , I just realized I had this guy confused with mytias when I referenced the "had to break my build to progress. So my apologies droth.
12/24/2014 01:35 AMPosted by GULLOX
Btw just f**n done with this game, no one that was d2 hard core plays any more, glad we are all gone for the new gen gamers,,, so sad hope they make a high deff D2,,,,, we can only dream,, ohh well like Jay Willson said F#@ that looser jay brevik,,, hope I loose all my accounts so I have to play !@#$ graphic d 2 until the real d 3 comes out,,, shure this will get me perma banned to bad no one will read it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Go play david brevik's marvel heroes. You can whiner about boa and no offline on that forum.
Please also have a look at this Post!

So many great ideas included there you might want to add:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13123842958

PLEASE HAVE A LOOK IF U WANT THIS GAME TO BECOME BETTER

TY and merry xmas! :-)
Let's look at a grouped summary:

Unqualified Yes

• The Item Hunt is very limited in scope to just a select few items that players can find.
  • Trials are too tedious and need removed.
  • Unavoidable damage is too harsh on players.
  • Season 1 was entirely way too long.
  • RNG is the largest factor in determining Leaderboard Placement.

• Unqualified No

• The game is too heavily focused on Set Items.
  • No structured reward system; No way to guarantee rewards.
  • All you can do at endgame is just rift and nothing else.
  • Absurdly rare Legendary items can still roll as garbage.
  • Overall gameplay is severely repetitive; Lacks challenge.
  • Stash Space is too limited.
  • Itemization is too imbalanced (CHC / CHD still too strong comparatively)
  • Crafted Items aren't powerful enough compared to what can drop in game.
  • Paragon doesn't contribute much if anything at all to character progression.
  • There's no PvP.
  • There's no Trading.

• Qualified Answers

YES (Mostly) - Build Diversity is severely limited; Skill are too imbalanced.
    YES (Mostly) - To much time passes between upgrades.
    PARTIALLY - Character progression is too heavily focused on randomness without any character development.
    PARTIALLY - Fun items get nerfed way too often when it takes ages to find them.
    UNKNOWN - Too much time between development patches.

I think you were generous on "Item hunt limited in scope" when "Heavily focused on Set Items," "Itemization is imbalanced," and "Crafted Items aren't powerful" were all unqualified NOs. Trade and Build Diversity would be additional factors on expanding the item hunt and neither of them were unqualified YESes.

I'm also trying to wrap my head around your reasoning that Character Progression & Development's randomness was being addressed. They reduced the randomness for the rare items, which is good, but they didn't replace it with Progression or Development that was non-random, which seems like something that would need to be done to address this issue. They just shortened the Progression by however much they reduced the randomness (essentially counter-balancing the increased randomness from Ancient Items). It's not so much addressing the complaint of randomness as it is shifting it from one type of randomness (rarity tier) to another (Ancient Item). The randomness is still there, and on the whole its actually increased.

Too much time between upgrades... well that's a temporary thing. When the patch hits it gets shorter, but when people are decked in Ancients it will increase. I guess if you restructure the complaint to what it seems to represent- that the overall progression is too short- then it is being addressed. However, is the complaint persistent, or is it a one-off? In other words, do Ancient Items make the progression long enough that it no longer matters how long the "next upgrade" takes; or does the bar just move, where "too long to upgrade" is merely postponed for a little while? In the former, the complaint is being addressed; in the latter the complaint is not being addressed.