Legendaries - 95% garbage design

Items and Crafting
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
01/24/2015 01:11 PMPosted by Govbot
Probably the ones that have no legendary affix..
Indeed. Earlier I was comparing Squirts Necklace with a rare and it was almost exact. Sad.
01/24/2015 03:54 PMPosted by Alukat
life leech has been removed from d3... players demanded it...

The players demanded the removal of Life steal in D3? What the !@#$ is wrong with this world?
I just remember that the devs who made D1, D2 & LoD are not the same as the ones who made D3 & RoS. Different mindsets.
People need to stop posting stuff like this. If you do some digging around before posting you would run across a YouTube video of them saying just that, "We are working on making legendaries more legendary by giving them their own special affixes" think it was Blizzcon 2014? correct me if i'm wrong.
It works like this:

Devs:

A: Kids like getting orange gears, thiking they are lucky/special
B: Ok, lets give them orange gears then, but make sure 99% of them is not more useful than a white.

Game is dumbed down via Royal ring + OP set bonuses + the one and only weapon synergizing with these sets.
01/24/2015 07:56 PMPosted by Shadowbane
People need to stop posting stuff like this. If you do some digging around before posting you would run across a YouTube video of them saying just that, "We are working on making legendaries more legendary by giving them their own special affixes" think it was Blizzcon 2014? correct me if i'm wrong.

It's not the first time they've tried to fix up legendary itemization.

Around launch, I can remember Blizzard stating that legendaries were basically rares with flavor text and that was "by design".

Patch 1.4 was their second attempt to fix this. They made tuning passes, added unique effects and other stuff such that it led players to believe legendaries were to be all powerful and worth the time. Doesn't turn out that way, not even close. Only a handful of legendaries made the grade and as such, everyone wanted those few items.

Loot 2.0 / Patch 2.0 had the promise of "build changing legendaries". Like patch 1.4, only a handful were build changing while the rest lack such a "build changing" property or any aspect that would otherwise made the item legendary. Only a few small steps in the right direction at best.

Since RoS, only a handful of non-powered legendaries have been updated with new effects. For the rest, nothing has happened.

And then at BlizzCon they apparently made the promise of epic loot during their panels, that eventually all legendaries will have their own unique effect and such. How long is this going to take, if at all?

TLDR - Players have heard this all before only to be let down repeatedly by Blizzard's lack of effort.
01/24/2015 04:32 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
Alukat, you need to play more. Until you do, you don't know anything.

lol mister "i play the same build as everyone else".....

01/24/2015 04:27 PMPosted by Bnetplayer
01/24/2015 01:10 PMPosted by Alukat
please list the "useless" legendaries ^^

he cant do that because they dont exist

obviously.

01/24/2015 04:24 PMPosted by MrDrProf
It would be far easier to list the useful legendaries...

then do it ^^

They also mentioned they don't want to stride away from vastly overpowered sets, which results in conflicting design goals and an unnecessarily forced linearity in gear progression. What's the point of making more "useful" legendaries (assuming their leg property isn't complete garbage like the new broken crown, that is) if you're just going to trivialize most of them with vastly superior set bonuses? They're drawing a pretty picture, only to smudge it with their elbow.

And yeah, I'm aware you can use different items. However, doing so would be similar to using an onscreen keyboard instead of a standard physical keyboard and pretending they both serve their function efficiently. You can type a document with the onscreen keyboard. This doesn't mean, however, that the standard physical keyboard isn't vastly superior in terms of performance and efficiency. This gearing approach simply won't work as long as set bonuses aren't normalized in order to not trivialize everything else.
Mighty Weapons.

Are you waiting for us to put in a bug report or something Blizzard?
01/24/2015 05:36 PMPosted by PNPT
I just remember that the devs who made D1, D2 & LoD are not the same as the ones who made D3 & RoS. Different mindsets.

We are reminded of this all to often sadly...:(
01/24/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Morogoth
01/24/2015 01:11 PMPosted by Govbot
easier list to type the "useful" legendaries, which is the problem.

useful legendaries..
*furnace

Best post in here.
01/24/2015 01:24 PMPosted by Morogoth
useful legendaries..
*furnace

well my job is done here :P

seriously though i do agree with the sentiment that most legendaries in game are pretty well junk. dont even have to bother with identifying.. straight to salvage.

just like the furnace, rimeheart & Kridershot :p

Yes, they said this in the legendary workshop development video that was posted in December as well at Blizzcon I think. I was really excited about this news and personally if I think if I were them I would consider looking at the legendary item crafting plans and all those Level 12 Blacksmith plans which don't have any legendary affixes. I mean the artwork is in the game already for so many of these legendary items and all they need are some affixes. I don't know about anyone else but I won't bother crafting many of the legendary items that only have +5-6 random properties more than once as it really seems like a waste of forgotten souls and then I will only do it to get the transmogrification appearance. I would consider designing legendary affixes that support or compliment the sets bonuses that just need help or some work to make them worth using or stronger to compete with the most commonly used sets everyone uses for there respective classes(You guys know which ones those are). I was on the team, I would try to release a patch with just the craftable redone Level 70 legendary items and release it on non-seasonal. Anyways, It is good to know that they have plans to fix several of the many legendaries in the game which currently have no legendary affixes.
Making all legendary items have a legendary effect only solves half the problem. Random stat distribution madly hinders any real fix to legendary items.
01/25/2015 10:31 PMPosted by Tohki
Random stat distribution madly hinders any real fix to legendary items.

no.... the random stat distribution makes the legies flexible.... so each legy can be used for more than one build.....
01/25/2015 10:39 PMPosted by Alukat
01/25/2015 10:31 PMPosted by Tohki
Random stat distribution madly hinders any real fix to legendary items.

no.... the random stat distribution makes the legies flexible.... so each legy can be used for more than one build.....

Despite your best effort to pretend, you don't know what you are talking about.
01/25/2015 10:55 PMPosted by Trinity

LOL, always those trolls xD i bet the 5-10 hours you've played gave you deep insight into the game and it's items xD
01/24/2015 09:11 PMPosted by Hypersonic
Since RoS, only a handful of non-powered legendaries have been updated with new effects. For the rest, nothing has happened.

And then at BlizzCon they apparently made the promise of epic loot during their panels, that eventually all legendaries will have their own unique effect and such. How long is this going to take, if at all?

TLDR - Players have heard this all before only to be let down repeatedly by Blizzard's lack of effort.

pretty much. i could of swore there were 2 passes before Loot2.0 though.

i still remember the PTR for Loot2.0 how there were many items that had fun affixes only to have them stripped off the items right before they released the patch never to be seen again.
01/25/2015 11:04 PMPosted by Alukat

LOL, always those trolls xD i bet the 5-10 hours you've played gave you deep insight into the game and it's items xD

The nearly 1200 hours I have invested in this crusader have given me deep insight into the game and its items. FYI, it's = it is; its = possessive.

The random stat distribution takes otherwise good legendary drops, like Starmetal Kukri or Kridershot, and transform them into terrible drops by not having the mandatory primary attributes because the trash primary attributes have rolled instead.

In the case of already terrible legendary items, even if these are found with good attribute rolls, the lack of a legendary effect makes them little more than yellows in a flashy, orange coat.

As you can now see, there are two barriers to receiving a good drop: the barrier of having a proper legendary item drop and then the barrier of that item rolling proper attributes. Both issues need to be addressed before anything can be called "fixed".
01/25/2015 11:04 PMPosted by Alukat

It's about your ignorance and your sorry attempt to hide it, not the amount of hours I spent playing this game.