How high can a pet doc go without SMK/ T&T

Witch Doctor
01/04/2015 12:54 PMPosted by Pvster
what is the next goal I should aim for?

Tasker and Theo Gloves, pretty rare but they make a huge difference.

Reflect elites are still a major !@#$%.

Stop attacking as soon as you see they have reflect and have Spirit Walk ready if you take too much reflect damage. Your pets can deal with the mob while reflect is up. Rain of Toads will tick a bit longer, that affix comes roughly every 10 seconds, so stop casting early enough.

When do I start reshuffling my equipment?

No idea what you mean by that.

Is there anything I should reroll on my current gear?

Shoulders: Life to Fetish Army damage
If you still can on your chest: Zombie Dog damage to Fetish Army damage (might be expensive in terms of Veiled Crystals).
Try to find a better ring than Leoric's. Tall Man's Finger is a strong option.
Until you get Tasker and Theo, I'd reroll cooldown reduction on your Gloves to 7% Attack Speed.

Should I reroll the socket on my weapon? If so, what do I reroll it to?

That weapon rolled pretty nice. I guess you rolled the socket onto there, leave it as it is until you find yet something better, a well-rolled Rhen'Ho Flayer or even an SMK. No need for a gift.
01/04/2015 02:21 PMPosted by AlCalzone

Tasker and Theo Gloves, pretty rare but they make a huge difference.

Loot drop or with blood shards?

No idea what you mean by that.

Sorry. What I meant was when do I start changing out the current gear with higher/more rare gear such as tiki helm, etc.?

Shoulders: Life to Fetish Army damage
If you still can on your chest: Zombie Dog damage to Fetish Army damage (might be expensive in terms of Veiled Crystals).
Try to find a better ring than Leoric's. Tall Man's Finger is a strong option.
Until you get Tasker and Theo, I'd reroll cooldown reduction on your Gloves to 7% Attack Speed.

Awesome, sounds expensive lol. I'm having terrible luck with rings/ammys. I have a better ring but having a terrible time rolling a socket onto it which requires amyth gems.

That weapon rolled pretty nice. I guess you rolled the socket onto there, leave it as it is until you find yet something better, a well-rolled Rhen'Ho Flayer or even an SMK. No need for a gift.

Cool, good to know! Yes I rerolled the socket onto it.

What should I try to spend my blood shards on?
Ok an update: I found a 7 second tiki helm so I thought I would give it a try. So far it's pretty fun perma rooting everything. Haven't tested it in greater grifts yet but I could see it working. Here's my question: Is the tiki helm worth trading off the MoJ? My MoJ sucks...

Tiki
712 int
387 armor
5.5 crit chance

MoJ
641 int
692 vit (rolled)
5% crit
84% pet dmg.

Thoughts? Do I stay with the MoJ until I find an 8 sec tiki helm? Wait for TnT/TMF? Also, what gems to use? I have enforcer, bane of the powerful and pain enhancers. I'm not sure which one i should swap out between bane of the powerful and enhancers.
stick with moj for t6, use tiki for gr ~36+

again, use trapped instead of enforcer. then use enforcer instead of powerful for gr ~36+
12/23/2014 07:28 AMPosted by AlCalzone
best gems for pet docs are Bane of the Trapped (change piranhas to frozen piranhas for better buff uptime)

I use the Hwaj (sp?) for locust swarm slowing in lieu of piranhas. With the correct rune, the locusts spread to all the enemies and proc bane of the trapped due to the slowing effect of the belt.