P2P for Diablo???

General Discussion
No not Peer to Peer.... but rather Pay 2 Play....

I'd be completely onboard if Diablo was subscription based.... if that would allow more content to be rolled out on a regular basis. Diablo is a big world.... wide open for the addition of monsters, lvls & loot.

I don't see any reason why we can't have quarterly updates of content that would add new dungeons incorporated into the already existing worlds that encompass the 5 acts we already have..... for example... a new building that can appear in the fields of Act 1... that serves as a loading spot for a small dungeon that delves downwards 5 lvls or so with a little mini boss at the end.

I personally could come up with a multitude of small scenarios and encounters like this... so I'm sure Blizzard can do it. It would just need to be financially viable... hence the suggestion for P2P.

I have at least 1500 hours in D3 at this point.... and would love to put another 1500 in... but I need more incentive.

What do you say fellow Diablo fans... would you be willing to pay a subs. if it meant regular content updates? and if so... what is a reasonable cost? $5, $10 / mo.?

PS. I realize there is a problem with this suggestion inherently due to the fact that you have already been selling the game as a single investment of cash... and making a P2P version would serve to segment your userbase.

So perhaps this should / could be looked at for a Diablo 4..... or incorporated into DIablo 3 w/ a new expansion so those who don't want or care to have the new expansion opt out but those who want it... do so with the understanding that its not $5 / mo.?
Nope. If that happened, then people would be crying for features more and more like WOW, and in the end, Diablo III would end up being nothing more than a WOW Junior.
Never going to happen so I guess you can tread water or sink because you won't be onboard.

The reality is there would be no difference if they did this. After 5 runs it would be like everything else and people would be ripping them apart about it. There are places in the city of westfall I have not even seen yet.
I pay for wow but would not pay for D3.
My question is, would you be willing to p2p for a Quit Posting Threads About This Topic tutorial?

Instead of rehashing the same thing every few days, especially when it's a stupid idea like this one, come to the forums more than ever few months with your 'brilliant, new' idea that dozens of people have posted before.

There is nothing more to be said about this.
I would gladly pay a 5$ monthly fee if it meant quality content updates and regular dev interaction. But as it stands, they seem to be content with the pacing of update releases and nothing we say or do can affect that at the end of the day
I most definitely wouldn't play this game any longer if I had to pay, beyond the initial game purchase. If I wanted to play that type of game, I would still be getting robbed by Blizzard to play WoW.
12/27/2014 12:31 PMPosted by StoneCold
Nope. If that happened, then people would be crying for features more and more like WOW, and in the end, Diablo III would end up being nothing more than a WOW Junior.
What matter does that make if the game is dead and nobody plays it because the developers don't care? At least that is what the professionals that are in the know around here say. :/
12/27/2014 12:25 PMPosted by CrazyCanuck
No not Peer to Peer.... but rather Pay 2 Play....

I'd be completely onboard if Diablo was subscription based.... if that would allow more content to be rolled out on a regular basis. Diablo is a big world.... wide open for the addition of monsters, lvls & loot.

I don't see any reason why we can't have quarterly updates of content that would add new dungeons incorporated into the already existing worlds that encompass the 5 acts we already have..... for example... a new building that can appear in the fields of Act 1... that serves as a loading spot for a small dungeon that delves downwards 5 lvls or so with a little mini boss at the end.

I personally could come up with a multitude of small scenarios and encounters like this... so I'm sure Blizzard can do it. It would just need to be financially viable... hence the suggestion for P2P.

I have at least 1500 hours in D3 at this point.... and would love to put another 1500 in... but I need more incentive.

What do you say fellow Diablo fans... would you be willing to pay a subs. if it meant regular content updates? and if so... what is a reasonable cost? $5, $10 / mo.?

PS. I realize there is a problem with this suggestion inherently due to the fact that you have already been selling the game as a single investment of cash... and making a P2P version would serve to segment your userbase.

So perhaps this should / could be looked at for a Diablo 4..... or incorporated into DIablo 3 w/ a new expansion so those who don't want or care to have the new expansion opt out but those who want it... do so with the understanding that its not $5 / mo.?

first off D3 IS pay to play. it is not "free to play" and it is not "subscription" its is based on the model that you pay once and the game is available for you to play in its entirety forever. if they ever changed this model in a dramatic way such as making it subscription based they would have to face legal consequences. the game was never intended to be subscription based and customers did not purchase it with the intent of paying monthly fees. so the end result would be that due to the drastic change in the "payment model" there would be very serious repercussions.

second, no there isnt any reason why there cant be quarterly updates. it has absolutely nothing to do with the payment model either. this is something they have chose to do all on their own. the hold back bug fixes and other sorts of updates that are already ready to go. its been well documented that blues on many occasions have responded saying they have fixes in place that are waiting for the next patch. the next patch being a few months away. in fact the ONLY time the hussle to implement a fix is when the find something so game breaking they are forced to implement it right now. this is just the lack of urgency the team shows in their development cycle. they want major updates to be yearly and minor fixes to be every few months. its a terrible model tbh and when you look elsewhere (like PoE) its really a disgrace at how slow and inefficient they really are.
I've already paid on two separate occasions to play Diablo. If I keep giving Blizzard money, they'll just want more.
From a legal stand point, they probably can not require a subscription to an online only game after the fact. Also part of the reason I play Diablo 3 is to not have to pay for subscriptions or micro transactions.
12/27/2014 01:15 PMPosted by MindReeder
12/27/2014 12:25 PMPosted by CrazyCanuck
Pay 2 Play

worst idea ever
Which is why the RMAH was removed. HEY!!
Give back offline, make only season online, problem solved!
*sigh*
I don't know why there's this onslaught of threads on the forum about paying a monthly sub to have more frequent, better quality updates. If we paid them a monthly sub, who's to say we'd be any happier with the state of the game? There would still be no guarantee.

Also,

12/27/2014 01:05 PMPosted by BobWitchDR
I've already paid on two separate occasions to play Diablo. If I keep giving Blizzard money, they'll just want more.
12/27/2014 01:36 PMPosted by BroYOUCHI

God, please please please. Offline mode like D2 would be great. I hate having to be connected for practically every game lately.
12/27/2014 01:36 PMPosted by BroYOUCHI

Many problems solved!