The worst PKer on Blizzard's servers is...

Hardcore
Blizzard themselves.

http://i.imgur.com/UxEzo8I.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8Jks5Do.jpg

Not shown: Me approaching group of enemies in perfect health before screen freezes for five seconds and I unpause dead.

It's my own fault for running lootless content but you'd think problems that persisted for months or years might actually get fixed.
The good news is that you were ahead of the rift timer.
Happened to me yesterday. Encountering arcane pack, they spam lazers and then screen lag freezes, 1st slowly like oatmeal and then total freeze. I press pause and thought gg. About 7s later, game is paused and I got 20% life left, latency bar shows yellow color.
Because it must have been Blizzard. Can't have been a crappy connection ;)

Seeing a red latency bar in your second screenshot. "If you see red, go to town or you're dead!"
01/16/2015 12:58 AMPosted by Alast
Because it must have been Blizzard. Can't have been a crappy connection ;)

Seeing a red latency bar in your second screenshot. "If you see red, go to town or you're dead!"

Look carefully at the screens. There were zero prior signs of bad performance. Even the auto screenshot taken at the time of death showed healthy green ping, and I had no prior problems that night. I hit a pack of normal enemies, the game pauses. I hit pause, it takes a few seconds before the command registers, I unpause and die. After my character is dead on the ground, the ping turns red.

The enemies almost all died anyways so if there was no spike or the spike had occurred even a second later I'd have outlived everything.

This problem has been common for everyone for months, ever since about 2.04 or 2.05. I knew going on doing lootless content was a bad idea so I'm not very annoyed by the death, but I am very annoyed that Blizzard hasn't addressed their problem with random locks and latency spikes.
I lost my sader due to this issue on the same level as well. Ran into a leets spammed lightning and my game froze an I died. An I never have any performance issues or lag.
So your pictures show us the Green and red ping.... where's the proof it's blizzard fault.... just wondering
I still vote for AccidentalPoop as #1 PK'er
01/16/2015 02:57 AMPosted by Spectral
I am very annoyed that Blizzard hasn't addressed their problem with random locks and latency spikes.

Hey, it takes a while to reinvent the Internet
Was it lag or did your game actually freeze?
Pretty sure the problem wasn't with Blizzard's servers. Most likely a PC issue packet loss along the established connection to Blizz's servers
01/16/2015 06:07 AMPosted by Nubbpower
I lost my sader due to this issue on the same level as well. Ran into a leets spammed lightning and my game froze an I died. An I never have any performance issues or lag.

Cleary, this is a paradox of epic proportions. What, pray tell, are we to believe?? Oh, the humanity!

01/16/2015 06:52 AMPosted by Speranza
I still vote for AccidentalPoop as #1 PK'er

I hate you so much right now.
It's amazing how many ISP/PC-performance issues are blamed on Blizzard. /boggle
01/16/2015 02:57 AMPosted by Spectral
There were zero prior signs of bad performance

As the Queen of The Realm of Internet Issues, I have got to chime in here..

I can remember when I wanted so desperately to believe in unicorns. I was angry at adults for giving up so soon, convinced that somewhere in a German forest lived the last herd. I tell you that to tell you this, I also wanted to believe, with all my cold black heart, that all DCs are Blizzard's fault. There have been times in the history of the game where the servers did kick people.. but this is not one of them. I am afraid, you too, will have to face the sad facts one day.

01/16/2015 11:17 AMPosted by Elroydb
Pretty sure the problem wasn't with Blizzard's servers. Most likely a PC issue packet loss along the established connection to Blizz's servers

^this is the proper diagnosis. I could go on and on and on and on as to why this person is correct, but lets save you the reading. You are having local issues.

And I'm sorry.

I know it is frustrating. You may even feel like someone, anyone, should be responsible for this. It is unfortunately just one of those things. The internet is not made of the same stuffs as your kitchen table (nor have people been building internets as long as they have been tables). Games are a bit different now and there is an element of risk involved with playing a game hundreds of miles from the "game board."
01/16/2015 02:54 PMPosted by geology
I know it is frustrating. You may even feel like someone, anyone, should be responsible for this.

I blame the local "geology" for my internet issues.
01/16/2015 10:31 AMPosted by UtopiA
Was it lag or did your game actually freeze?

I approached group of normal enemies #8,193.
Everything stopped. The enemies, my character, everything. No movement on screen.
I press pause.
Several seconds later, pause command goes through.
Several seconds after that, I get flicker movement on the paused screen. Imagine a slideshow for a few frames.
I unpause game.
Nothing happens (0.3 seconds).
UA procs.
I hit a button (not sure which one, not sure if it did anything).
FB procs and interrupts whatever potion or escape or attack I was trying for.
I hit every get me out button.
It doesn't work.
Game automatically takes screenshot of my death. My ping is still green.
I manually take screenshot a few seconds after death and the chat going crazy. Only now do I get red ping.

These sorts of everything pauses then happens at once type things have happened for a large number of people for months, and honestly I'm surprised I didn't die from it a long time ago. Given this particular problem never occurred before patch 2.04 or 2.05, it is Blizzard.

The only way that low a level would have killed me otherwise was Vortex + huge damage zone and I wasn't even fighting an elite. So all you people saying oh you're just blaming it on someone else... get off it, and hope you never find yourself in the same scenario.
That zone is not known at all for graphical issues (as opposed to, say, the new catacombs). It was probably something going on on your PC in the background. With associated ping, it could be some scan-and-update process.

RIP and come back stronger with the next one, but don't expect much sympathy when you blame Blizzard in these scenarios.
Funny thing is I got that zone 5 or 6 times prior and nothing bad happened there. And when these performance problems do occur, they don't seem linked with any given area and occur for several people at once. No one else complained at the same time that time but usually there's 3-5 complaints at once. Which makes me think it's the game servers, but only a few of them at a time.

I am a bit shocked by the rampant defending of Blizzard though. This is the same company that releases a patch followed by a wave of died because x glitch in new patch followed by responses of don't play on patch day after all. It'd be understandable if they were still known for quality work.
The worst PKer in d3 vanilla was your char getting desynched.

Signed,
The Great BoBaFeTT
RIP. I've never experienced what you're describing, at least not for the past year or so. Not defending Blizzard but I think some other defense mechanism is at play here.

FYI when this did happen to me (back in Vanilla d3) it wasn't the video card or network connection. It ended up being a buggy version of my sound card drivers. If you have Realtek sound it's worth downloading and installing the latest set of drivers just to rule that out.

Sorry for your loss and good luck on the reroll. Once your misplaced anger subsides I hope you learned something, anything, from this death.