The worst PKer on Blizzard's servers is...

Hardcore
01/16/2015 03:05 PMPosted by Bryanw1995
01/16/2015 02:54 PMPosted by geology
I know it is frustrating. You may even feel like someone, anyone, should be responsible for this.

I blame the local "geology" for my internet issues.

as long as you are blaming someone and you are mildly uncomfortable Bryan, that's all that matters.

01/16/2015 04:33 PMPosted by Spectral
01/16/2015 10:31 AMPosted by UtopiA
Was it lag or did your game actually freeze?

I approached group of normal enemies #8,193.
Everything stopped. The enemies, my character, everything. No movement on screen.
I press pause.
Several seconds later, pause command goes through.
Several seconds after that, I get flicker movement on the paused screen. Imagine a slideshow for a few frames.
I unpause game.
Nothing happens (0.3 seconds).
UA procs.
I hit a button (not sure which one, not sure if it did anything).
FB procs and interrupts whatever potion or escape or attack I was trying for.
I hit every get me out button.
It doesn't work.
Game automatically takes screenshot of my death. My ping is still green.
I manually take screenshot a few seconds after death and the chat going crazy. Only now do I get red ping.

These sorts of everything pauses then happens at once type things have happened for a large number of people for months, and honestly I'm surprised I didn't die from it a long time ago. Given this particular problem never occurred before patch 2.04 or 2.05, it is Blizzard.

The only way that low a level would have killed me otherwise was Vortex + huge damage zone and I wasn't even fighting an elite. So all you people saying oh you're just blaming it on someone else... get off it, and hope you never find yourself in the same scenario.

What you described is what happens when an internet connection times out/ disconnects.. even briefly. Nowhere in the definition of disconnect does it promise a warning or even answer as to why. Now do you want some advice should this happen again or do you just want to call names?
01/16/2015 12:09 PMPosted by Bryanw1995
01/16/2015 06:07 AMPosted by Nubbpower
I lost my sader due to this issue on the same level as well. Ran into a leets spammed lightning and my game froze an I died. An I never have any performance issues or lag.

Cleary, this is a paradox of epic proportions. What, pray tell, are we to believe?? Oh, the humanity!

01/16/2015 06:52 AMPosted by Speranza
I still vote for AccidentalPoop as #1 PK'er

I hate you so much right now.

=D you love me don't lie
There might have been desync involved, my character positions in the first and second screenshot are different and I died in a different place than I got locked at. I was probably just hit by the knockback attack of the male lacunis though.

01/16/2015 07:23 PMPosted by yellow5us
RIP. I've never experienced what you're describing, at least not for the past year or so. Not defending Blizzard but I think some other defense mechanism is at play here.

FYI when this did happen to me (back in Vanilla d3) it wasn't the video card or network connection. It ended up being a buggy version of my sound card drivers. If you have Realtek sound it's worth downloading and installing the latest set of drivers just to rule that out.

Sorry for your loss and good luck on the reroll. Once your misplaced anger subsides I hope you learned something, anything, from this death.

All my drivers are recent.

Misplaced anger? Nah. More like dejected annoyance. And more than a little relief, as I was leaving in a few days even if I didn't die because 2.1.2 is nothing new and there's nothing but Hydras for 6 months minimum before there might possibly be new worthwhile content.

As for learning something? Obviously, don't GR because you get no loot and don't survive lag but I already knew that, warned others of it, and then did it myself anyways. Perhaps I had a subconscious death wish by doing them anyways. I was hoping for something approximating a fair death when the inevitable happened but that would be overly optimistic.

Until something actually new is here, I'll think I'll focus on games that understand concepts like risk vs reward, cause and effect, randomness done correctly, variation that heightens enjoyment instead of detracting from it, and so on. In other words, almost any other permadeath game and a few non permadeath ones.

01/17/2015 12:52 AMPosted by geology
What you described is what happens when an internet connection times out/ disconnects.. even briefly. Nowhere in the definition of disconnect does it promise a warning or even answer as to why. Now do you want some advice should this happen again or do you just want to call names?

Call names? I told the people who are just blaming me instinctively because I called a problem I only have on a Blizzard game and nowhere else Blizzard's fault that they should quit it and be glad they haven't lost a character from that bug. Half this forum has, if my post reading is any indication.

At no point did I insult anyone, even those strongly implying I'm just some salty noob blaming everyone but myself.
01/16/2015 11:17 AMPosted by Elroydb
Pretty sure the problem wasn't with Blizzard's servers. Most likely a PC issue packet loss along the established connection to Blizz's servers

^this is the proper diagnosis. I could go on and on and on and on as to why this person is correct, but lets save you the reading. You are having local issues.

The majority of the first statement is not local environment, if you dont understand this then how could you "go on and on and on and on" elaborating on this issue?
01/17/2015 05:22 PMPosted by Spectral
I'm just some salty noob blaming everyone but myself.

Dude, don't be so hard on yourself.
I normally don't have any connection issues but recently it has been really awful in regards to latency. Even when it is bad I've always assumed it was on my end- I mean I play wifi on a laptop and my roomie loves to stream youtube crap and netflix. recently I had my first-ever DC take my FB wiz and I was kinda bummed but such is life in the HC lane. I don;t know what is up with the servers but it is bad enough that Blizz is requesting data from the users

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699486389#1
01/19/2015 09:22 AMPosted by marmoset
I normally don't have any connection issues but recently it has been really awful in regards to latency. Even when it is bad I've always assumed it was on my end- I mean I play wifi on a laptop and my roomie loves to stream youtube crap and netflix. recently I had my first-ever DC take my FB wiz and I was kinda bummed but such is life in the HC lane. I don;t know what is up with the servers but it is bad enough that Blizz is requesting data from the users

I haven't DC'd since the DDOS attacks took my light wiz back in August.

...until I entered marmoset's game twice and DC'd twice on Saturday. Strange as it didn't log me out of bnet. D3 just stopped working. Was more like a ctd, without the "...to desktop".

Yesterday, playing solo, latency between 48 - 110 (110 is bad for me.) Entered marmoset's game and latency was between 75 - 705.

We ran some rifts anyway. marmoset was determined to find his Akkhan Boots!! :)
01/19/2015 09:22 AMPosted by marmoset

We already knew they were clueless.

01/19/2015 09:53 AMPosted by MetalJet666
We ran some rifts anyway. marmoset was determined to find his Akkhan Boots!! :)

We need a fourth sader to complete the RNG circle. Without it, the gods won't listen.
01/19/2015 11:16 AMPosted by CerealKiller
We need a fourth sader to complete the RNG circle. Without it, the gods won't listen.

You can just run with me, I find Crusader crap all the time on my barbs. Holy soj? Yes. Holy Ouroboros? Sure. Ak shoulders? Uh huh. BoP? Crusader shields? Ak boots? I find those all the time. Especially the Ak boots.
01/19/2015 11:16 AMPosted by CerealKiller

You can just run with me, I find Crusader crap all the time on my barbs. Holy soj? Yes. Holy Ouroboros? Sure. Ak shoulders? Uh huh. BoP? Crusader shields? Ak boots? I find those all the time. Especially the Ak boots.

i knew it.
At least people understand now. Even if some did learn the hard way.
most people here will play HC regardless, your not going to change any of our minds. Its either that or most of us would quit D3 all together.
01/19/2015 01:15 PMPosted by Mike276
most people here will play HC regardless, your not going to change any of our minds. Its either that or most of us would quit D3 all together.

I wouldn't quit, I have tons of friends in SC. I've even gotten a few to come over to HC and run with us for a bit, and they did great. But, I do enjoy the thrill of HC much more... t6 farming feels like it doesn't really matter, but pushing GR is a whole lot more fun in HC I think.
HC mode is going no were its going to survive the lag. that being said i would likely play SC as well if it got too bad. but i am sure for a lot of people its HC or its nothing.

the preferred mode for me right now is HC, has been for a year.
01/19/2015 01:15 PMPosted by Mike276

When did you get that impression? I'm not suggesting people should quit HC (but by all means quit the game itself if you're bored).

I'm suggesting if someone complains about performance problems killing them, consider it might be the servers progressively destabilizing and don't do anything important for a little while in case it does happen on a much larger scale. Just be cautious. Lag is the one foe you'll never beat. Don't just dismiss them out of hand and then have the same problem. And no, that isn't gloating. There are no winners here.]
should have read the thread more i guess. Just seemed like it was a anti HC thread but i see it was not. The servers have been laggy lately, mostly in group play. Hopefully they will fix it soon because it has not been this bad for a long time.