Reflect Damage

Witch Doctor
So I am playing my Pet build and have been running into a lot of reflect damage champ and elite packs and there is absolutely nothing I can do about the fact that as soon as my pets start attacking them I quickly die. It takes way to long and too much reviving over and over to kill a pack that would normally take me a few seconds.

My question is will there be something done about RD in a future patch? I think as it sits right now as RD is over powered and I find them way to often. Anyone else having issues with the RD on their WD? I read a post in the DH section and they're having the same issues with M6 builds.
... if you have smk or zunimasa's set there is no need, just stop fighting and let the pets kill it. reflect damage is easy to get around even at higher grifts.
01/08/2015 05:30 PMPosted by esoteric
... if you have smk or zunimasa's set there is no need, just stop fighting and let the pets kill it. reflect damage is easy to get around even at higher grifts.

Ok I see what was happening. I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I guess my piranhado and raining toads was what was killing me. Thanks for the info.
Yeah, try playing the carnevil build... you are one shotted on high Grifts
or try flayer, those frogs hitting for multiple hits just melt you when they hit reflect.
01/08/2015 05:37 PMPosted by BillyMays
01/08/2015 05:30 PMPosted by esoteric

Ok I see what was happening. I've been doing it wrong the whole time. I guess my piranhado and raining toads was what was killing me. Thanks for the info.

Yes, rain of toads tick a bit longer. So watch for the reflect shields to drop and wail on them. When they get close to coming back up, lay off rain of toads to reduce your reflected damage when their shields come back up.
Usually the reflect mobs will be showing their aura before you hit them. Once you hit them, ( or preferably your pets do), count to 5 seconds then they will drop their reflect aura for 10 seconds, so you can wail away for 9 secs, then stop for 5 secs, then cast for 9-10 secs, then stop for 5 secs...etc, etc...

You will get used to dealing with them , but spotting them with their aura up is key.

,,aura *on for 5 seconds , * off for 10 seconds...
Yes pets dont proc RD, but your attacks will (and RD is fixed% of mob's health done to you for each hit you do, so attack speed is NOT your friend with this affix).

They also tend to activate their aura as you first engage them, so you may as well charge in with SW going and the get into the rhythm they use. SW when it's up each time.

Or... stack more toughness.
01/08/2015 06:17 PMPosted by Hex
Yeah, try playing the carnevil build... you are one shotted on high Grifts

Yeah you better notice the RD animation and mobs mighty quick otherwise POOF
01/08/2015 07:48 PMPosted by Fathead
Usually the reflect mobs will be showing their aura before you hit them. Once you hit them, ( or preferably your pets do), count to 5 seconds then they will drop their reflect aura for 10 seconds, so you can wail away for 9 secs, then stop for 5 secs, then cast for 9-10 secs, then stop for 5 secs...etc, etc...

You will get used to dealing with them , but spotting them with their aura up is key.

,,aura *on for 5 seconds , * off for 10 seconds...

you're significantly better at watching the map then me...I just watch my character for tick marks of the thorns on me and stop shooting when I see it. I can ever see anything in the game with all the animations going on.
When you first see the elite pack, they will immediately start casting reflect damage (the orange and red spikey ball around their bodies).

Either don't cast rain of toads/pirahna or hit spirit walk and then cast those two spells.
RD is just broken iro WD

I can smash the crap out of any RD mob with my monk or 'sader but my WD just insta-dead

this is 1 affix that really needs a re-think from blizz (wishful thinking ofc)
It's mostly in how RoT does damage and the toughness differences between monks/saders vs WD. DH have the same issues with RD now that they can't perma smokescreen and ignore it (or just let the sentries blow them up).