Leaderboards compromised because of trial exploits

General Discussion
01/11/2015 01:52 AMPosted by Melkor
Exploit? nope people using game mechanics in a more beneficial way (with a loophole that shouldn't even exist!) no dodgy manipulation just someone tried something so basic that actually worked it seems

Using a loophole that shouldn't exist for benefit is clearly within the definition of what an exploit means in this context. Sure is manipulation as well.
It is bound to be tricky to argue this with someone who has their own definition of what exploiting in a game means.
Turbohud is not cheat until someone gets banned for it. Blizzard knows about it and they are not banning anyone. So Blizzard does not care about cheat or they think it is not cheat.
You also need to understand that someone knew about trials exploit before it was common knowledge. For me it is more fair that everyone knows about it and not only few people. Because of that I shared my knowledge about the exploit in each community I am part of. If everyone knows about it then we have same playing ground and rankings on leaderboards still matter.

The most insulting part is that Blizzard did not fix this yet. They only have to reuse the part of code for GR and apply it for Trials.
01/10/2015 01:35 AMPosted by malacay
Why aren't all the records from the last 2 days removed ? IT'S BEEN 2 days of abusing.

01/10/2015 02:56 AMPosted by malacay
Yeah, but it would be nice if, for once, you would have the feel of a legit and fair competition.

I have high respect to ZE and your achievements, especially what INVIS did on the EU monk leaderboards. But do you really think whiping the last 2 days is the right thing to do? The only thing is, that this exploit has reached broad public now, this doesn't mean it didn't exist before. How many of these 53+ Rifts have been done with legit Keystones? Nobody knows.

I am not directly addressing you, but be honest if you scroll through the leaderboards, there are many groups which should not be in the list due to their gear or at least not that high. It is just ridiculous to think that nobody used that exploit before.

We ourselves cleared a 51 during the last 2 days, WITHOUT exploit keystones, that should be wiped then as a Rank 6xx as well? And when you see those laggy EU-Servers you wonder how ANYONE can get that far. We are not fighting mobs, we are fighting lags and to get Keys higher than 51/52 seems to be possible very seldomly due to "MISSING RARE NAME" and monster lags.
In my opinion, the only thing Blizz can do to "fix" this is to whipe all non-season leaderboards together with the patch.

Before y'all start flaming, consider that I myself would also loose my #21 ranking EU monk. It is just the only option I see. Why only non-season? Because the season leaderboards are broken anyway by introducing the patch before season end, which means it is just 3 weeks of hunting for an ancient weapon...

Non-season leaderboards are not reset with seasons, but with eras, which means that those current exploits will affect them for a longer time. I complete whipe right now would be fair, since no one can tell whose Rift has been done legit and whose not.

Furthermore, the best players will easily climb up to the top in a new leaderboard very quickly.

And when we are just about fixing.... please, just enable "pause game" during a greater rift, no matter if single player or multiplayer. So if people think they need to leave game, swithc gear an get back in, they will at least loose a lot of time. Maybe even introduce some timer, so that this method is not an option any more.
01/12/2015 02:50 PMPosted by Neblor
Blizz should lock the leaderboard and reset it back to January 1st week

Pretty sure that won't happen...And anyway you really think January 1st week is the solution because everything up to this point was legit? Come on, wake up. Those 53+ Rifts, I am pretty sure only a very few groups were able to get enough keys to be able to wait for a good rift at these levels.

You really want to tell me, only because it has become public now, some people have not known about the bug before and didn't exploit it? How long did u see this 59 key in a streamers invemtory before? For an almost clean leaderboard you would have to whipe everything. Of course there are still these gems, but that benefit would be less worse, since legit players have gems only a few levels lower and will catch up quickly once the patch hits the servers.
Wow, leaderboard based on rng, is a measure of how lucky you are. Consider yourself unlucky and play a game where skills actually matter like starcraft.
People with no rankings before, now just YOLO for a conduit with barb laying hundreds of hours from others to waste.

Find me one that got ranked now and did not before?

If you think it so easy, why isnt the board filled with 100s of those clears? So far I see like 5 worldwide (solo Barb)

Just a little perspective ...
01/12/2015 06:32 PMPosted by page
People with no rankings before, now just YOLO for a conduit with barb laying hundreds of hours from others to waste.

Find me one that got ranked now and did not before?

If you think it so easy, why isnt the board filled with 100s of those clears? So far I see like 5 worldwide.

Just a little perspective ...

Perspective is - trials suck anyway. If the process changed so that we could just the key for grift level right above the highest one we completed, we would see no different result.
01/12/2015 03:28 AMPosted by bozocv
If everyone knows about it then we have same playing ground and rankings on leaderboards still matter.

You're logic indicates that every should lack integrity to even the playing field, does it not?
01/12/2015 06:38 PMPosted by Grumm
01/12/2015 03:28 AMPosted by bozocv
If everyone knows about it then we have same playing ground and rankings on leaderboards still matter.

You're logic indicates that every should lack integrity to even the playing field, does it not?

You're = You are.

Just a friendly reminder, was no trouble at all, you're welcome.