Windows 8.1 reset and Diablo III

Technical Support
Hello all,

Well, Windows 8.1 is almost always BSOD with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and other intermittent stuff "windows has detected a problem and needs to restart (but never does).
So, I'm thinking that maybe I need to do a "system reset".
Will I lose Diablo III and RoS? Will I need to re-install all of the software, and most importantly, will I need both the software keys for both D3 and RoS?

I am pretty confident that my characters and my game achievements are kept on Blizzard's servers..

I have the RoS key, but I can't find the danged D3 box with that key(Grrrrr!). Not sure how this all works, or if the reset will do anything helpful in the first place.
You would think that Microsoft would have their act together by this time, I hope that someday an OS will actually work properly. If airplanes had the same reliability as Windows, planes would be dropping from the skies like flies!!

Also, I've done all of the Windows updates, driver updates and checked my system with diagnostics, so I don't think I have a hardware issue...

ANY help or input is appreciated!!
Your battlenet account stats and your stuff is on the server

so you could reinstall 10x it wont change

just the download will be the pain in the !@#
log onto your battlenet account make sure you entered you ros key first off so you know they have it on server end
D3 and Windows 8 share a scary amount of similarities.

both Microsoft and Blizz decided to "innovate" and basically removed heaps of features that millions of people actually enjoyed....

they obviously both screwed up because both are now trying to sneak back in those features they thought they were smart to remove, and get more credit for it.

Both companies look like stubborn amateurs while doing it.
Still better than apple
01/11/2015 09:12 AMPosted by BeastlyBeast
Still better than apple

LOL
01/11/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Shurgosa
D3 and Windows 8 share a scary amount of similarities.

both Microsoft and Blizz decided to "innovate" and basically removed heaps of features that millions of people actually enjoyed....

they obviously both screwed up because both are now trying to sneak back in those features they thought they were smart to remove, and get more credit for it.

I get the D3 side but removing the start menu is not "heaps" of features. And if anything while being leaner than 7, 8.1 actually has a few more features (more advanced task manager, the ability to setup virtual PCs on any version).

To the OP, once you register the key with your Battle.net account it is forever tied to it and all of your character stats and items are saved on their servers so you don't need to find the key. Just make sure you remember your Battle.net information.
The comparison between Microsoft and Blizzard is spot on. Neither understands their customer base. Nether understands how human's interface with technology.

This supports my theory that they are space aliens. While they understand the technology, they have yet to understand human's. But I guess they work cheap.
01/11/2015 09:02 AMPosted by Shurgosa

lol that is so true. good thing im happily enjoying linux :)
..before though i was still on win 7 and i really dont have any problems with 7.

a lot of comments i remember seeing about 8 recently was that it is like the modern vista. the operating system microsoft wants to sweep under the carpet and pretend it never happened.

01/11/2015 10:04 AMPosted by Fragbait
The comparison between Microsoft and Blizzard is spot on. Neither understands their customer base. Nether understands how human's interface with technology.

This supports my theory that they are space aliens. While they understand the technology, they have yet to understand human's. But I guess they work cheap.

lol aliens... of course. it all makes sense now!
01/11/2015 09:49 AMPosted by jimmysmitty
I get the D3 side but removing the start menu is not "heaps" of features. And if anything while being leaner than 7, 8.1 actually has a few more features (more advanced task manager, the ability to setup virtual PCs on any version).

"Removing the start menu" is the title of the book about things that worked just fine in windows versions prior, and should never have been sabotaged and sadly were.

There is no magic number of things that would justify the use of the word "heaps" I'll use it in conversation because it makes sense if one can think outside of the box.

I use the word heaps because I can rummage through every windows version up to 7 with zero effort. With Windows 8, I had to look everything up on youtube, Because its all changed around and its not intuitive. and trust me; this is not an uncommon complaint.

Grooming your OS on an architectural level to boot in 15 seconds like they did may fool many people into thinking its "lean". but it doesn't fool everyone......Windows 8 is not lean.
Does your BSOD happen while playing D3? Or using any other app?