Everyday losing more and more respect for this dev team

General Discussion
1 2 3 22 Next
Highly Rated
But that enhances the opinion I already got when seeing Josh, Wyatt and Travis talk about this game. Josh shows fake enthusiasm and speeks about "awesome loot" in every 2nd sentence...all I could think was "Sorry Josh, the loot system is pathetic, itemization is aggravating and 90% of all items are nowhere close to awesome."
this!!

also +1 too. good topic

E: the post created by Kyrone has been deleted but hopefully the below (that i copy + paste from another quote in this topic) is the full post that Kyrone has made. many +++++ for Kyrone for this topic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Kyrone
And Blizzard in general, if that is even possible after all the insane fails they did with this game.

You have a franchise with millions of fans around the world and handle it the worst possible way.

Updates with minor changes nobody asked for, while ignoring the real and valid feedback, all every 3 months.

No communication, nobody knows what is going on, but at this point I think not even the dev team has a clue what is going on either.

Patch 2.1.2 was supposed to ship mid December but then you realized that the devs will be on holidays if major bugs had to be fixed?

Sad enough that you lack developers confident enough in their skills to not mess everything up every patch, but are you telling me a company like Blizzard can't even set up a proper timetable and you didn't realize that Christmas is around the corner? Very professional.

But that enhances the opinion I already got when seeing Josh, Wyatt and Travis talk about this game. Josh shows fake enthusiasm and speeks about "awesome loot" in every 2nd sentence...all I could think was "Sorry Josh, the loot system is pathetic, itemization is aggravating and 90% of all items are nowhere close to awesome."

Travis seems like he could fall asleep every second when he speaks about D3. No passion at all.

And Wyatt...oh man, I have never seen another developer so out of touch with his own game. But sure, it's nice finishing a GR level 18. Prime example why the game is failing and dying now. Devs don't play their own game and don't listen to the hardcore players who do.

Also, why we even have community managers at this point is beyond me. All they do is post on ridiculously silly posts every now and then. The highly rated posts never get any attention, everything is ignored.

What I can simply not understand is why you are wasting the potential of such a great franchise. If the lack of revenue is the problem, simply add microtransactions.

More stash space.
More character slots.
Unique transmogs.
Unique pets.
Small xp/leg droprate buffs for a limited amount of time.

You have so many fans who would pay for that, and this would allow you to put more resources into developing actual content. If that is not a win/win situation then I don't know what is.

Step your game up Blizzard, your reputation is going down the hill.
Highly Rated
They laugh & asked "which dagger squeeled" when asked about there being no good daggers in this game...

The items or lack there of is because of them, talk about being clueless to their own plight. These are the people blizzard entrusted w/ Diablo...

Sad when there are so many motivated, passionate ppl who would love to actually work on this game.
Agree.
Highly Rated
Devs didn't even know Uber Diablo existed in the game, what else could we say? It's their game and they know nothing about it.

I already accepted this is not the game it should be and will never be, I don't even care anymore I guess. Just playing couple hours per week for the love to the franchise.

Agree. But I also think the character builds aren't unique enough. Stats should be locked as a character progresses. Make characters stuck to single builds and bring back skill points. Diversify the game and make the items matter for different characters.
01/05/2015 02:20 PMPosted by Parminio
that's spent the better part of 5000 hours minimum

whoow, whut 5k hours, where did you get that from?
Although I disagree with microtransactions, the rest is pure and raw truth.
01/05/2015 01:44 PMPosted by Kyrone

And Wyatt...oh man, I have never seen another developer so out of touch with his own game. But sure, it's nice finishing a GR level 18. Prime example why the game is failing and dying now. Devs don't play their own game and don't listen to the hardcore players who do.

[/quote]

I've always found that to be sad. I'm not asking the devs to put in 1k hours but please don't patronize your fan base by pretending we know nothing about this game.
01/05/2015 02:33 PMPosted by Parminio
I've played close to 3000. It would take me three times the amount of XP I have roughly to get to where he is. 5000 is a conservative estimate.

I played roughly 1,8k but according to your math I would have had to play ~4k ... so maybe it is not so linear as you think.

And please do not claim that I exploited ...
All these flavors and you choose to be salty.

Also, P730? No wonder you're bored.

Also, your characters are extremely bad for P730. Even my WD with deadweight RORG and Zuni set is better than your WD (w/ WH and Tal Rashachest ) and you've played 8 times longer than I have.
01/05/2015 02:20 PMPosted by Parminio
A 730 Paragon player with every item in the game that's spent the better part of 5000 hours minimum playing this game complaining about it is sort of like Jimmy Page complaining that he doesn't have a decent Les Paul.

it's not hard to get that high paragon level. I only played for about 2 months and I already hit paragon 500... I solo'd most of the time too.
"Awesome loots" is the equivalent to "awesome pillar".

They really should stop using the word "awesome" altogether.
01/05/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Ezcru

Also, your characters are extremely bad for P730. Even my WD with deadweight RORG and Zuni set is better than your WD (w/ WH and Tal Rashachest ) and you've played 8 times longer than I have.

You don't have to play any specified length of time, or have a ridiculous high skill level in this game to see the spots where the dev team dropped the ball.

Those forum trolls( and there are many squawking parrots...) that state "oh you played X number of hours, or you've ONLY played X number of hours..." they really don't bring much to the table......
01/05/2015 02:37 PMPosted by Ezcru

so you attack the messenger? What about what he has to say? Certainly truth from what I've seen...