Diablo 4?

Games & Technology
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
01/24/2015 06:22 PMPosted by Fragbait
I think there will be. I'm sure that it won't be like D3 and people complain it's not like D3.

People just can't grasp that D1 and 2 are past history. D3 was new. Why keep releasing the same thing over and over. If that's the case, then just keep adding expansions.

I personally like D3 and would like to see more expansions. But I wish they would fix the annoying things like: Stupid popups where you have to click OK or Continue. Why have the pop up if it doesn't give you a choice. (Proof that they don't play the game.) Give us a bigger cursor. Separate the screen elements so that can't accidentally be clicked on during game play.

Give us our own voice system (like they did in the Left 4 Dead series.) Then everybody would be on the same channel instead of the hassle of Teamspeak (or various others)

All the above could be done via patches and expansion packs or D4.

Yep downvotes galore for an opinion which has no toxin in it, nor any contempt for Blizzard.

This forum becomes more pathetic each day...
03/21/2015 12:22 AMPosted by Derpy
I think there will be. I'm sure that it won't be like D3 and people complain it's not like D3.

People just can't grasp that D1 and 2 are past history. D3 was new. Why keep releasing the same thing over and over. If that's the case, then just keep adding expansions.

I personally like D3 and would like to see more expansions. But I wish they would fix the annoying things like: Stupid popups where you have to click OK or Continue. Why have the pop up if it doesn't give you a choice. (Proof that they don't play the game.) Give us a bigger cursor. Separate the screen elements so that can't accidentally be clicked on during game play.

Give us our own voice system (like they did in the Left 4 Dead series.) Then everybody would be on the same channel instead of the hassle of Teamspeak (or various others)

Yep downvotes galore for an opinion which has no toxin in it, nor any contempt for Blizzard.

This forum becomes more pathetic each day...

You must understand, that's EXACTLY the reason why it got down voted.
01/24/2015 06:36 PMPosted by Mythologick

You don't keep releasing the same thing over and over.

You build upon what you had, and what was successful. D1 sold well because of great reviews and word of mouth. Diablo 2 was a completely different game from Diablo 1, yes. It sold well because of Diablo 1 and it was a huge success. People played it for years, hell almost 2 decades later people are still playing it. But they built on what they had with the stat system, added a ton more to the itemization system, and expanded the way skills worked.

Diablo 3 on the other hand, dumbed everything down to a basic level to the point where its insulting. The skill system was dumbed down, the items were dumbed down, and stat system was dumbed down. Diablo 3 sold off of Diablo 2's success, and it was a HUGE success as well. And then everyone hated it realized that it wasn't diablo. It was something else with diablo's name on it and diablos lore/items. The ONLY thing this game has done right was the combat, no other ARPG can match it. Hell it's the only reason I still hop on and play is because the combat is that good. It's a shame the rest of the game a complete train wreck.

People played Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 for years and years after they were released. Diablo 3 lost millions and millions of players, that only return for a week or two for a major patch. They are disappointed again and leave after a week.

Companies need to stop trying to screw with their franchises and quit dumbing them down for casual players. There is a reason games like Dark Souls are popular now, people are looking for games with a challenge, depth, and good gameplay. Yet companies keep trying to cater to people that aren't GAMERS.

The last sentence hit the nail on the head. From the start the way the UI was set up with 6 abilities pretty much has it perfectly lined up for a port to consoles.
01/24/2015 06:13 PMPosted by Mythologick
Unless there is a different development team on it, I'd rather they let the damn franchise die at this point. I can't say I haven't had some fun with D3, I've put a lot of hours in. Some of it was fun, some of it wasn't.

I highly doubt the dev's learned anything from the giant fiasco this game has been though (if they have, it doesn't really show at ALL). So if they even tried to do Diablo 4 I don't think I would even anticipate it like I did 3. Same probably goes for a TON of the original fan base from 1 and 2.

When the original guys left, the series died. I understand that these were different people, with a different mindset of what diablo should be. But you can't just strip away almost EVERYTHING from Diablo 1/2 that made them so popular and then just do what you want and expect people not to get extremely pissed. The dumbing down of the skill and item systems was really where they completely screwed up, imo.

/Sign

Missing Blizzard North....
Why wouldn't there be?

Ignoring the fact that D3 was an enormous success financially and critically...do you really think an established franchise like this would just die off because one debatable misstep?

MANY franchises have survived far worse and continue to exist.
- Zelda despite Zelda 2 and the CDI games.
- Resident Evil despite many bad games
- Final Fantasy despite many underwhelming or flat out terrible entries
- Sonic for some reason continues to exist

With exception of maybe Zelda, each of the series you mentioned are going downhill & seen better days.
If blizzard actually listened to the community, instead of " we know sometimes it seems like we dont listen" CLEARLY they are not listening. unless there trying to say that they cant read.........all it takes is looking at what were saying.....
True that.....
Blizzard isn't really in the business of doing sequels less than 10-15 years apart so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Unless there is a different development team on it, I'd rather they let the damn franchise die at this point. I can't say I haven't had some fun with D3, I've put a lot of hours in. Some of it was fun, some of it wasn't.

I highly doubt the dev's learned anything from the giant fiasco this game has been though (if they have, it doesn't really show at ALL). So if they even tried to do Diablo 4 I don't think I would even anticipate it like I did 3. Same probably goes for a TON of the original fan base from 1 and 2.

When the original guys left, the series died. I understand that these were different people, with a different mindset of what diablo should be. But you can't just strip away almost EVERYTHING from Diablo 1/2 that made them so popular and then just do what you want and expect people not to get extremely pissed. The dumbing down of the skill and item systems was really where they completely screwed up, imo.

You've summed it up mate!
The lack of player choice in building how our skills scale, i.e. the lack of freedom as well the bland uninteresting dps/toughness itemization as well as the awful story....

Although I'll do concede the game is fun, has an interesting, beautiful art, a great combat feel.
Well, the thing is there may not be much of a story left to tell after all of D3 is said and done. I guess it depends on the next expac, if there is one, we will see if they wrap things up and Diablo is done and over with for good.

Edit: I guess they could make a "D4" and pretend the first 3 never happened...or make a whole new action rpg.
Diablo 4?!
Blizzard should DONATE the rights to Grinding Gear Games.

D3 isn't new. It's freaking Gauntlet. Good game, but I want a Diablo game!
01/25/2015 05:28 AMPosted by Natasha
Diablo 4 ? Diablo 3 is still in beta, and we are the hamsters doing the beta.

Best thing i have ever heard on the forums
There are 3 main reasons that killed this game:

- Gear design as generic stuff where the only difference is just 1 unique effect among 6. E.g. Depth diggers give you double damage from primary skills whereas Swamp Land Waders give you 20% poison damage, the rest of the stats are the exact same.
- Cooldowns. Diablo 2 had 1 class with cooldowns (Fire elemental druid) and those cooldowns were the reason it was useless and nobody played it as a viable character.
- Crafting. 95% of the items you can craft are useless and even though the introduction of ancient items made crafting worth to some extent (you get good chances at crafting ancient gear) every item will give you the exact same stats except for 1 single legendary effect that will make your hero hit 100 times harder with one spell/mechanic/whatever you will focus on. Instead of building the hero you like and improving it though items all you can do is farm for the only 6-piece set that lets you kill stuff and feel good, no customization or diversity included.

Aside from these there are a thousand lesser reasons why this game's dying fast, and I personally won't buy another expansion unless I find a sale like I did with RoS (8€ was a worthy price)

All in all I will still stick to D2 because I love how I can build -e.g.- my necromancer as a skeleton master, a monster-reviving powerhouse, a bone spellcaster, a poison dagger assassin, a corpse-exploding beast or a trangoul fire vampire.

What I hate most of D3 is that spells are overly underpowered and if you want to use them you need to find 6+ items that improve it, so you spam that spell 24/7 and use 5 defensive/utility spells to help clearing faster.

PS: Does anyone know a good ARPG to play? I own Torchlight 2 and don't like it either just in case.
04/07/2015 11:51 AMPosted by Deadpo0L
If blizzard actually listened to the community, instead of " we know sometimes it seems like we dont listen" CLEARLY they are not listening. unless there trying to say that they cant read.........all it takes is looking at what were saying.....

Actually Blizzard DO listen! Some Korean guy said he want micro transactions and BAM blizzard delivers!

Funny how they do stuff for the sake of making more money. RMAH, cartoony graphics for the big masses, simpliefied gameplay, microtransactions.
Yet they don't seem to think ahead and how it might affect the future of Diablo.
I used to buy all Blizzard games but im not gonna waste 60$ on another meh expansion when i got PoE for free.

Abbadon if your into Diablo 2 try PoE its free. You got alot of freedom in building your character and its getting a massive free expansion soon.

Spot on
Diablo 4=Grim Dawn.
if there were i would not touch it, d3 is the last game i ever buy from this company, EVER. had they made d3 playable on pc offline, then i might change my mind, maybe.....but....

d3 wasnt really all that great. it did not feel like diablo 1 or 2 at all. it felt to much like a hack and slash. perhaps i havent played far enough into the game, but i cant cause i get lag issues due to having to be connected to blizzard, and my internet is extremely fast.

do us a favor blizzard, just stop. no more games, no more being connected to the net to play alone (that is just ridiculous), no more of this series that feels NOTHING like the first 2 games.

i agree 100% that the skill tree is messed up and kinda sucks now. which is probably one of my top issues with this game.
None of you guys get it. Why would the developers spend any $$$ on the game as it is, they won't make money. If they release an expansion then yes, but why put the time in if they are receiving nothing out of it.

We don't pay for the servers like other games, people change clans like they change their underwear. I have never played WOW, but apparently you have to pay to change realms, and pay to change servers etc.

If Blizzard introduced a monthly payment for server upkeep half the wannabe's would never play the game again. It would also rid the game of a lot of the botters that 'Still' exist.
I hope there is a continue!