finally got a furnace- questions about it

Items and Crafting
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pantherdane-1591/hero/43754303

I found it with my Wiz and it rolled Int, so I changed that to Str. At least I had a Rama Gift, so it does have the extra attribute socket.

Questions: should I try to roll attack speed or dmg or something else besides str and why?

am I running the right skills and runes? cuz I seem to struggle with this build.
no, Giving up 1000 mainstat is not worth attack speed.

What a shame that you rolled it to strength, what a waste. That Furnace got gimped.
what should have been rolled? so I will know next time.
I hate when I find an item on my say WD and I'm like uggh it has Int now instead of Str...
Congrats on getting a furnace regardless how you rolled it.
A rare find is a good find (i.e. a Furnace). Imagine finding an ancient furnace with strength while playing dh - not only I was thrilled but was glad it didn't come with dex :)
I finally got a Furnace as well. Used Ramaladni's Gift to put a socket in it and gave it whirl with my wizard. Wow, what an over-rated, unimpressive thing it turned out to be. I now use a Chantodos set for mobs and will swap to the Furnace for the final boss. All in all I must say that I don't get the hype. A very average weapon that attacks way too slowly.
01/27/2015 07:27 AMPosted by Goofoff
I finally got a Furnace as well. Used Ramaladni's Gift to put a socket in it and gave it whirl with my wizard. Wow, what an over-rated, unimpressive thing it turned out to be. I now use a Chantodos set for mobs and will swap to the Furnace for the final boss. All in all I must say that I don't get the hype. A very average weapon that attacks way too slowly.

In the place where you need the furnace, you cannot swap it. Furnace is unimpressive till you get mid-30s in Grifts. After that it helps tremendously with the massive amounts of health in elites and GRGs. I've gotten to the boss in higher grifts in 8-9 minutes and not been able to kill the single-target RG because the class/build had poor single target damage. Furnace brings that time way down.
01/27/2015 06:33 AMPosted by Mochan
no, Giving up 1000 mainstat is not worth attack speed.

What a shame that you rolled it to strength, what a waste. That Furnace got gimped.

Agreed.
I found a furnace shortly after I hit 70, but it's hard to see how it's an improvement. I understand elite damage is very useful, especially as a Jade Doc, but I've used several calculators and spreadsheets online... even with the 40% extra elite damage, it appears to be a significant DPS loss against elites. I'm not even using good weapons, but it's weird that it theoretically outperforms one of the most coveted weapons out there. Granted, I rolled pretty much as low as I could in every way. Doesn't have a socket and I have never seen a Gift. Still, am I making some sort of mistake here?
I'm kind of having the same...issue.

Snagged one from Kadala, but then snagged an ancient Slorak's Madness from a drop. I'm a Disintegrate Wizard and the SM seems to be better against elites (and much better against non-elites) than the Furnace thanks to the 51% bonus to Disintegrate my gear gives me and the extra Fire% bonus from my Firebird's Eye.

Of course, I should not be using Disintegrate and just use Hydra and Blizzard as my primary and secondary with Teleport, but I'm not skilled at all when it comes to kiting so I tend to die a fair bit more than standing and channeling. *sweatdrop*