For those that have quit, may I ask why?

General Discussion
Prev 1 25 26 27 38 Next
Right now there are two things standing in my way. Most important is that I no longer view Blizzard as a company for gamers. All companies try to make money, but that seems to be Blizzard's ONLY concern right now. Until that changes, no reason to come back.

The second is the game. Short answer: they have to put the fun back in. Diablo 2 is amazing, but Diablo 3 simply wasn't fun for me.
Hey everyone, thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts on this and to Droth for the original post requesting player feedback. I've only read through the first few pages so far, but I've already seen a lot of good thoughts and ideas that I'll be passing to the development team. I'm looking forward to reading the rest and passing that on as well.

You've all really outdone yourselves with sharing good feedback here. Whether you realize it or not, these conversations help us to achieve a broader perspective of the game than we could ever get on our own, and I'm thankful to all of you for your passion and support as we continue to develop Diablo III.

TL;DR - This is awesome, and we appreciate it!
like any1 at blizzard even cares.....
i quit due to nothing ever dropped for me no matter how many times i have killed the things needed to make hellfire ring the parts just will not drop :(
01/02/2015 02:37 PMPosted by XLegionX
like any1 at blizzard even cares.....

Well I see one Blizzard employee that may care
01/02/2015 02:32 PMPosted by Tyvalir
This is awesome, and we appreciate it!

Proof right there they just want everyone to quit.
+200% exp bonus
I'm taking a break because I feel I'd be wasting my time playing right now since Ancient items are coming soon. I'd rather not get bored of D3 now, and instead save the freshness of farming for when 2.1.2 drops. Until then I'll be playing some Wasteland 2 and other Steam games from all the holiday sales :)
Because I find the current endgame with GRs extremely tedious, frustrating and boring. Infinite monster stat scaling just brings out the worst cheesiest builds and tactics and makes them mandatory to keep progressing. Gear progression is also terrible once you have all your pieces which happens very quickly - beyond that point you're just looking for better rolls on the same pieces.

I also really hate the concept of the %elem stat and the ridiculously powerful class sets since they really pigeonhole you into a handful of builds. As a wiz I feel like my setup is about as static as any WoW class. Very boring because the content is not nearly as stimulating as WoW raids.

I also don't like seasons, because:

a) They offer me nothing new. I have 70s of every class already, and there is no reason for me to roll another character since there are no permanent choices. I can literally just powerlevel another 70 wiz, transfer over my gear and it will play exactly the same except with smaller numbers. The only difference is that with seasons I'd be spending a whole bunch of time playing a pre-Firebird wiz which is like pulling teeth, and I would be missing my 609 paragon levels.

b) My guild was split into two groups that can no longer play with each other despite sharing guildchat. I like helping new players but most of the time I can't anymore because they are on season and I am on nonseason.

c) Making me do another boring 70 grind/powerleveling just to get mogs.

e: Oh and lastly because there are simply other much better games out now.
01/02/2015 02:32 PMPosted by Tyvalir
Hey everyone, thanks to all of you for sharing your thoughts on this and to Droth for the original post requesting player feedback. I've only read through the first few pages so far, but I've already seen a lot of good thoughts and ideas that I'll be passing to the development team. I'm looking forward to reading the rest and passing that on as well.

You've all really outdone yourselves with sharing good feedback here. Whether you realize it or not, these conversations help us to achieve a broader perspective of the game than we could ever get on our own, and I'm thankful to all of you for your passion and support as we continue to develop Diablo III.

TL;DR - This is awesome, and we appreciate it!

Hi

To complement this thread, please also see this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/15699780967
i really hope they will give us something like an exp and leg buff for 1-3days atleast...
01/02/2015 03:02 PMPosted by Doniazade
Because I find the current endgame with GRs extremely tedious, frustrating and boring. Infinite monster stat scaling just brings out the worst cheesiest builds and tactics and makes them mandatory to keep progressing. Gear progression is also terrible once you have all your pieces which happens very quickly - beyond that point you're just looking for better rolls on the same pieces.

I also really hate the concept of the %elem stat and the ridiculously powerful class sets since they really pigeonhole you into a handful of builds. As a wiz I feel like my setup is about as static as any WoW class. Very boring because the content is not nearly as stimulating as WoW raids.

I also don't like seasons, because:

a) They offer me nothing new. I have 70s of every class already, and there is no reason for me to roll another character since there are no permanent choices. I can literally just powerlevel another 70 wiz, transfer over my gear and it will play exactly the same. The only difference is that with seasons I'd be spending a whole bunch of time playing a pre-Firebird wiz which is like pulling teeth.

b) My guild was split into two groups that can no longer play with each other despite sharing guildchat. I like helping new players but most of the time I can't anymore because they are on season and I am on nonseason.

c) Making me do another boring 70 grind/powerleveling just to get mogs.

e: Oh and lastly because there are simply other much better games out now.

Welcome to the top..it sure is boring up there ain't it?
So whatever happened to pages 27-31 in this thread?

Were they all deleted?

WTF? OP went from +150 to +57???

DAFUQ??
nothing compared to DICE lol
I quit D3 at the moment because 1) I don't feel like I can really expect a meaningful progression with time spent and, more importantly, 2) powercreeping in 2.1.2 gives me absolutely no reason to spend time right now to farm when I could do other things (play other games, etc) until 2.1.2 comes out and then spend the time then to have a shot at Ancient legendaries.

The game isn't really that fun to play right now. Sure I could do GR and raise my gems by a few ranks probably, but I haven't touched GR because of potential frustrations from affix, etc. And it won't really make me all that much stronger either. Sure I could farm for the hellfire amulet (I don't have a good one) but it will be RNG (passive) over RNG (affix) over RNG (key drop) and I don't feel like doing that. I've done that way back in 1.0.8 with the Ring and I got sick and tired of it. Not to mention that Ubers are a joke even at T6; only one having even remote chance of killing me is Diablo, and that's if I'm afk-ing with DH or something.

Oh and all my friends quit D3 so that's another reason. Not really a clan person so...
I think i waited too long to post on here so this post will most likely not be read. But the game is down so I will put my input in anyways.

I started out playing Diablo 2 when it first came out. Continued to play for a long long time. I actually went and bought a brand new computer and setup just for the release of Diablo 3 (i primarily play console games but for Diablo 3 I made an exception).

The gameplay and graphics of diablo 3 is great I have no complains there. I would like to see more depth to the game. I believe the main problem Diablo 3 is missing is an economy and more builds outside of the set item builds. Here are my suggestions:

1) Take away account bound items. Don't care if you make it cost a large amount of gold to make it unbound, at least that would give me something more to farm and make stuff able to trade again. Trading items and collecting items that are worth a lot is the backbone of Diablo. It is boring as heck finding amazing items but if I don't use them then they are worthless. For example, my friend is grinding hard wanting a soj so badly.. I have 8+ Sojs just sitting in my stash.. He has an extra furnace in his stash... if there was some way we could exchange items and both be happy... You have the trade feature in game but no one uses it because everything is account bound unless you both happen to find an awesme item in the 2 hour window it can drop when you're in the other person's game.

2) The new gems are awesome but why are they so easy to get? Make them super rare random drops instead of automatic drop from grifts..

3) Have some sort of way to reward players for playing a single class more than others. I could play a demon hunter for 500+ hours (which I have) but I could start out monk, level it to 70 spend all the same amount of paragon points into the monk that I have on my DH and bam it is like I spent 500+ hours on my monk too.

4) Enigma. This item alone made Diablo 2 so much fun.

5) Boss specific drops. I like loot tables. This is something I enjoy. There are different items you will need throughout the game and depending on how rare they are, you have to grind that area or boss.The only area you should be farming in rift/grifts if you want legendaries. There is no point to do quests or adventure mode unless you need more rift keys, a RRoG or helltrapper..

6) Kadala... reduce her chances.. I get 95% of my items from her. Rip through t6 rifts on my DH.. switch to WD and gamble.. in 2 days I had a full WD that can t6.

7) Ability to turn OFF smart drops.This relates to above.I have a pimped out DH.. the only item that could possibly drop for me is a slightly better krider or tasker and theos.. I feel like i am wasting time farming on my DH because nothing will drop worth while. Give me a chance for a furnace or a SMK or different set pieces for different characters.
Plan and simple. It got so repetitive and boring that once season 1 dropped, I got a char to level 30 something (can't remember) and it took me forever to get there because I couldn't even stay awake trying to play the game, that was my sign to get off.

The only reason I keep checking out the website every now and then, is in hopes of seeing a second xpac announcement which will definitely bring me back to the game. The way it's going at least for me and my friends, I don't know if that will ever happen? A lot of people I know personally are already gone and in the same state of mind I am and we're not the only group.

I give out a kudos to constantly enhancing the game and adding new stuff, but it's just not enough for me unfortunately. I need a true expansion to the game if i'm to continue. So here's to high hopes!
Why am I likely to quit? NO OFFLINE PLAY. Regular players of D3 complain about this all the time. Do Blues ever listen? NO. Not a single blue answer to that one. I hear a bunch of whining here from super high level players. WAAAH. We're bored. What about all of us who mostly like the game but get sick of the downtime because we CAN'T PLAY OFFLINE huh? No one listens to us EVER. Or those of us who have NEVER found those sewers I keep hearing about but have never found. Or about how hard it is to find Greed's Domain which is fun but almost impossible to find. Not all of us have huge amounts of money to spend on the best equipment and have youthful reaction times to get our characters to max level. We just want to play the game and have fun in the limited time we're allotted but some of these items are so damned hard to get to that they are basically impossible and make the game a "grind" as some others have mentioned here. Make that a bit easier and make it so that we can play offline again - and not just with PlayStations either because that reeks of a different kind of elitism too.