For those that have quit, may I ask why?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 38 Next
12/18/2014 07:13 PMPosted by JaqenHghar
If you like PoE, you will love LoD. Available in the Blizz store for $10! It's the game PoE is based on.

I've been playing D2 on my Surface during the times when I go out of town. It's not a bad game and the progression doesn't feel as sloppy, but I still can't get over how much I hate the talent system. >.<
Because summoners/necromancers have downgraded into 'Pet docs' and our skeletons/minions/revives have turned into 'pets'.

This game has turned into a Hello Kitty game.
12/18/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Drothvader
Why did I quit Diablo?

why did i quit playing?
well...
-leveling sucks. it is boring and has next to zero meaning.
-yellow items are not standard gear like they should be.
-legendaries can roll as complete garbage
-super rare legendaries can also roll as garbage making it even more frustrating when you finally find one
-kadala wont put out
-the original intent of the mystic stated back in 2011 was a great idea! too bad what we got was more RNG when the Josh team reimplemented her which sucks. good luck rerolling an offhand with the amount of affixes they have.
-there is no trading
-crafting is next to meaningless
-the gems in game are uninteresting (normal ones)
-itemization still is crap and the 4/2 system isnt helping anyone.
-dodge was completely removed outside of a few skills because they couldnt make it work
-unavoidable damage is the new undodgeable damage.
-STR and DEX are the same thing
-performance issues such as lag, fps, etc.
-trials are repetitive and boring.
-rifts and Grifts are boring. i would really love to do other things...but they dont have the same drop rate.
-world content outside of rifts gets no attention because they want you to GRIFT only
-story mode has no meaning because ... rifts in adventure mode.
-purple (uniques) monsters drop near nothing anymore because of nerfs
-cursed chests are just sad when you open them.
etc...

pick a reason why i would rather play something else atm. i mean i am perfectly happy giving suggestions to TRY and make the game better. i just dont hold out much hope at this point that enough can be done make it happen.

12/18/2014 04:51 PMPosted by Drothvader
What would bring me back to Diablo?

fix that stuff^
12/18/2014 07:13 PMPosted by JaqenHghar
If you like PoE, you will love LoD. Available in the Blizz store for $10! It's the game PoE is based on.

I've been playing D2 on my Surface during the times when I go out of town. It's not a bad game and the progression doesn't feel as sloppy, but I still can't get over how much I hate the talent system. >.<

When me and my friends dove into it back when it was released, the talent trees compared to what character development was in D1, were breathtaking to say the least. We all almost universally enjoyed hoarding our skills; to us it represented "gimp yourself now for payout in the long run".

Your character would be more fragile early on and more volatile later overall....
I quit more than a dozen times since the game released, I come back when i'm bored, quit again when i'm bored. Thats the good thing about the game, you can walk away and start playing again whenever you feel like it and have new things to look foward to most of the time.
12/18/2014 05:07 PMPosted by PowerCosmic
if you quit, what are you doing here?

I quit before RoS was released and I come here just about every day to catch up with the news.

Why did I quit?

The game simply changed too much and it became a game that I have very little interest in.

What would bring me back?

I'm a completist, I will eventually come back and try the Crusader and Act 5 (that's why I still visit) but as the game currently stands, I have no interest in anything else the game has to offer. Since leaving D3, I've completed at least 8 matriarchs/patriarchs in LoD and I've still got more to complete before I'll come back to finish off D3.
Why did I quit?

The nerf to One With Everything with Monks.

That OWE nerf meant all of my gear had to be replaced. It meant that as soon as I logged on my character would be booted back to Hard difficulty and I'd have to grind endlessly just to get back to wear I was.

I was interested in playing the new rifts, but not if it meant weeks or months of "Work" just to get to a point where I could play at the same difficulty I was at prior to the patch.

Basically, I quit because Blizzard decided they didn't want me playing anymore.
-getting one shot by unavoidable dmg
-!@#$ty magic find system
-game stays the exact same for 6-8 months+ at a time
-all my friends quit , sucks playing solo/with randoms
-season too long, really nothing special about it
12/18/2014 07:32 PMPosted by TheNix
The game simply changed too much and it became a game that I have very little interest in.

Could you elaborate a bit on the specific changes that pushed you away?

This would prove a little more useful than a blanket statement. =P
Awfully linear MMO-ish progression. It's boring to look for 0.1% upgrades for the only build that can perform decently ad-nauseum, or pretend like there's any diversity by playing laughably weak builds that are just horribly disappointing by sheer contrast in power potential. Until the clueless design team decides to acknowledge their mistakes and step away from the uninspired WoW-oriented design "philosophy" they're trying to force down Diablo's throat, this game won't be a compelling experience lasting more than half an hour every couple weeks for me.

Seriously, they came up with an exceptionally flexible skill system they don't even care to support coherently with proper itemization, a problem that was only exacerbated by introducing massively overpowered endgame sets that trivialize everything else. They simply don't understand ARPGs after more than 2 years of trying to force the cylinder shape into the square hole. It's both laughable and depressing at the same time, honestly. Heck, now they're gonna double it with ancient legendaries, a lazy way to artificially extend an already boring grind even longer, while diversity is still nil as a product of either negligence or ignorance. Maybe both. The basic rule of ARPGs, and they can't even follow it: Diversity is King. They should be forced to write this down a few thousand times on their blackboard over at the office© for it to sink well.
I quit because equipping better gear is the only way to progress, and gear is entirely RNG-based in this game.

In WoW or FF14 gear is also the only way to progress but those games drop specific gear for specific boss fights/dungeons. It totally works in an MMO environment. It does NOT work in an ARPG environment for obvious reasons.

I would come back if they gave players more options to gain power.

We need a quality skill point or skill tree system and storyline quests need to have meaningful and permanent rewards for completing quests. No more of this XP/Gold reward BS.

But don't worry, I'm not delusional enough to think that this would ever happen. But that's OK because I'm playing tons of games I've been meaning to play for a long time in my Steam library.

Should such changes ever occur in a future expansion then I would buy RoS and the new expansion at the same time.
While I still play occasionally, my interest is gone for now.

The problems IMO, are lack of options, and where

options once were, have been taken away.

The only real rewarding way to play is rifting/grifting, which is sad.

There should be equally rewarding paths for playing, no matter what

we choose to do.

Getting pigeon holed to use sets is killing diversity too.

We should be able to use creative ways with gear, to reach

our maximum potential.

Make all items useable.

Whites should give the highest main stat, blues highest magical ability like

LOH or LAK etc. Rares/yellows highest combos CHC, CHD etc. Legendaries

should all have a specific ability that makes them desirable.

Sets don't need to be op, but have some nice synergy or rare ability.

Make all gems viable in game, while fine tuning things like the Mystic; tired of

re-rolling a stat, only to see the same on on the re-roll.

Campaign mode could give different/meaningful rewards like Legendary

Potions/Follower Tokens, and Legendary Recipes and more experience, etc.

Bounties could offer the most Jewelry(rings & amulets) and gold and Goblins.

Rifts could offer class specific Legendaries and Set Items.

Greater rifts could offer Ancient Legendaries and Gems.

We need more ways to play; but instead we seem to get less.
12/18/2014 07:42 PMPosted by Blashyrkh
The basic rule of ARPGs, and they can't even follow it: Diversity is King.

I'll very heavily agree with this.

There's all of this neat unique gear in the game, yet only 1/10th (I'm being generous) of it actually gets used while the rest of it rots because it's deemed worthless.

It would be amazing if I could play with a greater range of items that were all viable at endgame.

12/18/2014 07:47 PMPosted by LocknLoad
We need more ways to play; but instead we seem to get less.

Honestly I would just be happy if they didn't have such a variance on how much power gear has and there were more competitive options at endgame. Currently once you reach endgame you're looking for 1 or 2 very specific items and it's severely limiting your choices.

I really don't like gear with multiple tiers of power, or at least lessen the gap between those tiers more.

Great feedback guys, keep it up! ^.^
12/18/2014 07:38 PMPosted by Drothvader
12/18/2014 07:32 PMPosted by TheNix

Could you elaborate a bit on the specific changes that pushed you away?

This would prove a little more useful than a blanket statement. =P

How about just about every change that was made in producing RoS?

But if you want a list:

The removal of the AH
The removal of Normal/Nightmare/Hell/Inferno difficulty levels
BOA
Smart Drops
The relegation of Campaign Mode to a useless backwater
And there the one that immediately pop into my head

Then there is the constant tinkering with the game. Most recently I'd been playing LoD patch 1.07 and it is a steaming pile of excrement, but as it was fixed I knew that I could maximise the good points and minimise the bad. Even if D3 WAS a good game, content tinkering is enough to drive me away.
12/18/2014 07:54 PMPosted by TheNix
The removal of the AH
BOA
Smart Drops

See, but these are all features that brought me back to the game after I left in Vanilla.

Really my only problem with the game now is the progression model.

I believe we might disagree here on what reasons made us leave. =(
At least with the elements still in the game was at least reminiscent of the Diablo franchise, what we currently have is a HD version of a cheesy 90s dungeon crawler. And I grew out of those in the 90s. :P
12/18/2014 08:11 PMPosted by TheNix
At least with the elements still in the game was at least reminiscent of the Diablo franchise, what we currently have is a HD version of a cheesy 90s dungeon crawler. And I grew out of those in the 90s. :P

Well, the game is pretty close to the original Diablo in terms of how the game feels.

At least that's my take on it anyway.
12/18/2014 08:04 PMPosted by Drothvader
12/18/2014 07:54 PMPosted by TheNix
The removal of the AH
BOA
Smart Drops

See, but these are all features that brought me back to the game after I left in Vanilla.

Really my only problem with the game now is the progression model.

I believe we might disagree here on what reasons made us leave. =(

the removal of the 4 difficulty chain where you had to beat them all one after the other was actually a good one imo. this game doesnt have meaningful leveling so it was a smart move. if you look at something like PoE leveling is actually kinda fun and can be challenging depending on your build and if you were lucky with drops. the 3 difficulty model in PoE works quite well, but here that just doesnt work. beat the game once and let the person do what they want is how it is now which is how it should be.

BoA i have to say i hate. I really do want trading back. i never really liked the AH model, but like everyone else it was there so i used it. i used it minimally, but i still used it. i really think they should have left trading in though and just made all crafting materials and gold account bound to ward off gold traders. additional steps could be that "anything bought from a merchant is not tradeable". since that is also one of those things they did before. having normal everyday items tradeable so ppl can trade items for other items though is a good thing with the kinda of item system we are in with this game. personally, i could care less if someone throws up "x uber item" on ebay for $1000 and someone actually buys it. its not any of my concern and tbh its not blizzards concern either. if that happened it was a third party transaction they werent responsible for.

Smart Drops are one of those things i have a love/hate relationship with atm. while i like that most items roll the stats on my current character it makes it kinda hard to farm for other characters. further because of 100% smart looting on crafting (which is great if your crafting for your character) you cant craft for all your followers. you have to actually create other heroes you may not be interested in the least about just to craft items. blizz has yet to implement the suggestions of the community to fix this.

i really hope blizz reads this thread in its entirety as there is a lot of real feedback on it.
12/18/2014 08:17 PMPosted by Drothvader
Well, the game is pretty close to the original Diablo in terms of how the game feels.

At least that's my take on it anyway.

Agree to disagree?
Why have I quit playing?

Basically it's because of the characters. The game itself is fine. The graphics, the combat, the story line, it's all great. But the characters are a disaster.

It's a bit like getting to race on the worlds greatest racing track, and your given wheezy, leaking old rust buckets to race on it in.

I want to play the characters my way. Melee Barbarian, Bow shooting DH not sentry Trapasin style, Blaster caster Wizard, Melee/aura Crusader AKA paladin D2 game play.
You can't do any of that in D3. Not unless your happy to play Solo on T1 - T4.

I Hate the fact that you must find certain items to enable the only viable build each class has. To myself, you should be able to make the build from the skills alone and then improve it with gear. Not having to wait untill you find the right items before you can play the build.

Currently you have to play the character and grind endlessly with no guaranty of you ever finding the items you need to create the cookie cutter build, and even if you do find the required items, tough luck if you don't like the game play it provides.

What would it take to bring myself back?

Pretty drastic changes would be needed.
Blizzard's direction with RoS would have to be chucked out the window and a return to the "roots" that D3 established. RoS should have been an extension of D3's game play and character build diversity rather than a complete replacement.
Character build diversity needs to be Re-introduced and the reliance on items to provide skills needs to be chucked into the bin.
Each class should have several builds each that is viable not just one.

The latest PTR is just going further and further down the wrong path. Ancient items will be more items that you will want but never find.

I want to play a game that provides entertainment. Things such as, I need to win, gain fulfillment, Triumph and Reward. That would be entertaining.

D3/'RoS's item grind only provides Frustration, Anguish and Disappointment. I don't want to experience those things during my free time.

Blizzard has created a chore, a punishment, work with this game. It is not entertaining any more.