Not enough stash space?

Items and Crafting
01/08/2015 04:22 PMPosted by Phatty
01/08/2015 03:55 PMPosted by WildPants
you have inventories as well

and yes, we have enough space

I'm not about to play the semantics game with you.

yet you are doing exactly that

fact remains, we have enough space
01/08/2015 04:42 PMPosted by WildPants
01/08/2015 04:22 PMPosted by Phatty

I'm not about to play the semantics game with you.

yet you are doing exactly that

fact remains, we have enough space

That's nice Wildpants. Continue to believe that. Maybe one day it will become true once we get more stash pages - private or shared.
01/08/2015 02:03 PMPosted by WildPants
01/08/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Phatty

It's not about build counting. It's about what people reasonably keep. What about that do you not understand?

How is it fair that a person who plays 1 class to end game have absolutely no problems?

Shall we go through a barb eq list?
when you play each class you use 6 charslots for those 5 (6) full differant builds

we got 12 slots, so you have 6 slots for mules

more then enough space

you cant disagree with math

I have to disagree with your math here.

My scenario:

I have all 6 classes in softcore. I have all 6 classes in hardcore, 1 of those is seasonal. There's 12 slots.

I have 2 mules in softcore: That puts us up to 14.

And I have one additional DH character in softcore as a seasonal. There's 15. He will be deleted at the end of season one, and replaced in Season two with a Wizard.

The two mules in softcore:

One has crafting items and various stackables.
The other has legacy BIS 60 level gear that I do not plan to torch yet.

I am using the WD, Monk, Barb, and Crusader as mules for their own gear in Softcore. (mind you, they aren't holding much at the moment)

HC have no mules at the moment, and I don't have a full stash either right now, but all 5 pages have stuff in them.

My softcore stash:

1 page dedicated to the wizard. Full
1 page dedicated to the DH. Full
1 page dedicated to rings, amulets, belts, follower tokens. etc. All small items. Currently full.
1 page dedicated to both normal and legendary jewels, crafting mats, potions, dyes, keys, machines, uber parts, etc. Nearly full.
And the last page is for various legendary items I haven't decided on or recently found, keystones, wings/dogs, stuff like that. Usually around 3/4 full.

And right now, my stash on the whole is nearly full. Both mules are full.

My wizard has 2 or 3 different elemental sets in stash, along with some nice rolled items.

My DH has 3 full sets of elemental gear. IE: bows, quivers, bracers, rings, amulets, etc, whatever could be used to change to a different elemental build (fire, cold, lightning). I also have a full Nat set, a few extra different bows, several really nice quivers, a few different chest pieces, (garwulf, nat, marauders, goldskin, etc) and lots of little extras to flip back and forth between. Since she is my main, she has a lot more options. And I find that I actually do play around and tweak my builds quite a bit.

So you do the math now. You still want to stick to the theory that there is enough space?

Hell I'm just happy that I nearly have my DH up to 2 million sheet damage in game and I still don't have a TnT... lol

Game on.
01/08/2015 05:07 PMPosted by DTMAce

So you do the math now. You still want to stick to the theory that there is enough space?

[/quote]its not a theory, its a fact

and yes, there is still enough space, you just need to get rid of your crap

salavage everything you havent used in 2 weeks é voila
Why are people still arguing with WildPants. Stop feeding the troll. Anyone that assumes you should just keep 'getting rid of' top tier and BIS items just because you haven't used them in 2 weeks obviously has no idea how to play this game, and his characters will always fall behind others. Just down vote him and go on with your lives.
01/09/2015 04:25 AMPosted by Kyosji
Why are people still arguing with WildPants. Stop feeding the troll. Anyone that assumes you should just keep 'getting rid of' top tier and BIS items just because you haven't used them in 2 weeks obviously has no idea how to play this game, and his characters will always fall behind others. Just down vote him and go on with your lives.

I think it's pretty obvious from his "math" and my barb eq table, he's obviously trolling.

Anyone can tell that we have 350 stash spaces.

His own calculations (on the low side of guestimation) gives us a need of about 620+ stash spaces. Take out 6 full armor sets and it turns into about 470-80 spaces. That's AT LEAST 7 pages.

My own calculations from known lists of reasonable collections really puts it to about 9 pages on the minimum side.

In any regard, wildpants was cornered and he still spouts the same crap. So he's obviously a troll. He's been put on ignore.
ive told you... :-P
01/09/2015 12:09 PMPosted by Wichtelman
ive told you... :-P

It's not that I didn't believe you, I just wanted to corner him and see what he would say/do.
you never cornered me, bro

it aint my fault you cant accept simple math
01/09/2015 03:05 PMPosted by WildPants
you never cornered me, bro

it aint my fault you cant accept simple math

LOL, it's not even about simple math. It's about simple comparison.

350 spaces (we have now) -> what we need - 480+ (by your OWN simple math).

350 < 480.

Not enough stash space -> title of this thread as well.

Troll on Wildpants!!!
According to the Dev team the issue actually may simply be an int value cap issue. If they're using a simple int 32 format for items, they'd have room to store a little over 2 billion items, maybe over 4 billion if they use negatives as well. With potentially a hundred million players, that's only 20-40 items per person. Of course, many accounts have been banned, plenty don't really play, but there's still a real potential for problems depending on their format for saving items.

Now, obviously an int 32 would be a bad way to store these, and we'd have run out a long time ago, but int 32 is the default int in most programming languages, so you can see, depending on how they decided to store these values, you could legitimately run into overflow issues.
01/10/2015 12:22 PMPosted by Guybrush
According to the Dev team the issue actually may simply be an int value cap issue. If they're using a simple int 32 format for items, they'd have room to store a little over 2 billion items, maybe over 4 billion if they use negatives as well. With potentially a hundred million players, that's only 20-40 items per person. Of course, many accounts have been banned, plenty don't really play, but there's still a real potential for problems depending on their format for saving items.

Now, obviously an int 32 would be a bad way to store these, and we'd have run out a long time ago, but int 32 is the default int in most programming languages, so you can see, depending on how they decided to store these values, you could legitimately run into overflow issues.

Yes, it seems there probably is an absolute number of items they can have.

This is why I think seasons are taking the resources for expanded stash.
why is it that hard to say something like... if we add 10 stash tabs and players fill them up our servers might crash... ok players would ask for more servers for better performance and more storage... ^.^

01/10/2015 12:22 PMPosted by Guybrush
If they're using a simple int 32 format for items, they'd have room to store a little over 2 billion items,

maybe thats another reason why some players say d3 core is flawed... :-P
This forum is so toxic. Its obvious anyone who cant do math is going to down vote anyone who tries to defend, or be a voice of non-QQ reasoning.

Also, why the hell would you keep all that? Keep what is the best and what you are using and salvage the rest. What people are trying to explain with that list is that they are pack rats, and getting rid of something that wont be used is obviously making them have a panic attack, AND THERE IS NO REASON TO HOLD ONTO THEM BECAUSE YOU CANT TRADE THEM!I do agree with the statement that if they gave you more, you would beg for more because it is quite obvious that no one will ever be happy with what they do. I would put money on this - they change everything to what ever this community want and all of you would just tell them how horrible they have made the game.
01/11/2015 09:03 AMPosted by BeastlyBeast
This forum is so toxic. Its obvious anyone who cant do math is going to down vote anyone who tries to defend, or be a voice of non-QQ reasoning.

Also, why the hell would you keep all that? Keep what is the best and what you are using and salvage the rest. What people are trying to explain with that list is that they are pack rats, and getting rid of something that wont be used is obviously making them have a panic attack, AND THERE IS NO REASON TO HOLD ONTO THEM BECAUSE YOU CANT TRADE THEM!I do agree with the statement that if they gave you more, you would beg for more because it is quite obvious that no one will ever be happy with what they do. I would put money on this - they change everything to what ever this community want and all of you would just tell them how horrible they have made the game.

Wow, you did see the math above right?

Can you compare the numbers that came out?

Wildpants after his own bias adjustment downwards thinks we need 620 spaces - 140 or so for sets equiped = 480.

480 > 350 - simple.

You hold onto them because you can't trade them. I actually theorycraft when i get bored and try different things out...nice to have it on hand especially if they are harder to find than the usual piece.
01/08/2015 02:00 PMPosted by Phatty
01/08/2015 01:58 PMPosted by WildPants
what about 5 full builds per class (6 if you count the stuff you wear) is it you dont understand?

It's not about build counting. It's about what people reasonably keep. What about that do you not understand?

How is it fair that a person who plays 1 class to end game have absolutely no problems?

Shall we go through a barb eq list?

Teach him a lesson.
01/08/2015 02:26 PMPosted by Phatty
01/08/2015 02:12 PMPosted by WildPants
and wrong again

ancient replace your items thus dont take additional space

and since there is already enough space (as proven by math), your point is invalid

Next

So let's look at this eq list for barb, what would you salvage - please imagine they were ancient?

1) Immortal Set
2) Eq Set
3) Raekors Set - immortal skill bonus and raekors bonus
4) Cindercoat
5) Magefist
6) TnT
7) Frostburns
8) Vile Ward
9) TF
10) SOH
11) Furnace
12) Strongarms - fire / phys / lightning / cold
13) HFA's
14) RROG - cdr chc chc
15) Unity
16) Str Ice Climbers
17) Hexing Pants
18) APDs - fire / phys
19) Excellent rolled borns sword and shoulders
20) Excellent rolled crimsons
21) Cassius Pride
22) Witching Hour
23) Sunkeeper (well rolled of course)
24) Andariels with socket + CHC
25) Maximus or Heart Slaughter for FOM runs
26) Appropriate SOJs - fire / phys / lightning / cold
27) Rimeheart
28) Fulminator / Odyn Son
29) Lut socks
30) Chilinicks Chain
31) harringtons
32) Gold Wrap - gold builds
33) Gold Skin - gold build
34) Custerian - gold build
35) Trags - for pool cdr on trials
36) VOPK
37) Excellent rolled Focus and Restraint
38) Skull of Resonance
39) Shrine Gloves
40) 300th spear
41) Doombringer
42) Sankis / Devastator
43) Str BT set
44) Sometimes need good Aughilds/Bracer combo
45) Excellent Rolled Reaper Wraps
46) Amulets - lots of them - some will be paired compass rose or with BT
47) Compass rose rings - hopefully 1 or 2 only.
48) Leoric's Crown - skill / chc (might need more than 2 - cdr for zds variant)
49) Leoric's Ring / Hellfire Ring for exp bonus
50) Lamentation

Secondaries rolled for Gold Find and PUR.

I see a list of items that can be trimmed down. But since we don't know what everything is a Barb plays you'd be more pressed to break it up more like this.

Crusader Condemn Build
6 Piece Akkhan - 12 Spots
Blade of Prophecy(Weapon) - 2 Spots
Freyder's Wrath(Shield) - 2 Spots
Strongarms Bracer - 2 Spots
Vigilante Belt - 1 Spot
Unity - 1 Spot
Stone of Jordan - 1 Spot
Hellfire Amulet/Ess of Johan/Flavor of Time - 3 Spots

Total 24 Spots That's 1 build with 2 additional items.

So lets say all your builds require 24 items on average. Your stash has 350 slots. Lets say you leave 1 tab for Mats and such as I've stated. That leaves you space for a little under 12 total builds if EVERY build takes 24 items. 2 Per character as stated. That's in your stash. That's not counting what you have equipped on each of your characters giving you an additional build you can run. That's also not counting if you've got mules with more gear on them.

So you're telling me with 3 possible builds per character 4 if you double up on how many characters you make of a class. That you really need more space than the 350?

Seriously you guys need to make a list. You need to see which items can be setup to be used on multiple characters and you need to see what all is just trash.
Zyzox, we already addressed this in another thread.

You were manhandled by everyone.

1) Builds are not static. Many builds have variations which make it more than 24 items on hand per build. So counting builds isn't the way to go, it's individual legendaries pieces that are worth keeping. (this of course is subjective, but reasonable would be what the majority of the playing population does - pattern of play)/

2) Mules are not a solution. They are a workaround. I would consider muling a solution if we had at least double the amount of character slots AND a global inventory management system. So we didn't have to load up multiple characters to compare loot.

3) There are more than 3 possible builds per character and with variations of those builds (see #1), you're calculations are significant off.

Seriously, even crusader as an example, you're missing skill damage variations of akkhan, the multiple of unique flails both single and dual wields, several shields - etc etc. There's a zds variant. Since legendary gems are so powerful, almost any prior sub t6 build is viable and quite fun if you choose to play or swap out to them. Lightning, darklight, holy shotgun, zds, cams/fire, etc etc.
01/13/2015 04:36 PMPosted by Phatty
1) Builds are not static. Many builds have variations which make it more than 24 items on hand per build. So counting builds isn't the way to go, it's individual legendaries pieces that are worth keeping. (this of course is subjective, but reasonable would be what the majority of the playing population does - pattern of play)/

pretty much. i did the math a while back looking at only set items. its true you can fit every single set item in your stash + have a dedicated mats tab AND have 1 tab for weapons/belts/ammys/offhands and other misc legendaries. this is actually the problem though. this perfectly illustrates that there ISNT enough space. if you have only 1 tab left after saving up your sets (which is the direction blizz has driven the game to as a only solution) then you run out of space for the misc other things needed. even if you dont keep every single set this still applies because your stash fills up all the same with the various items needed for different builds.

at a bare minimum we need 2 tabs for those non-hoarding sort that have a minimal set of items and builds. really though we need twice as many tabs and ppl are more then willing to pay for them in a microtransaction sort of way.

the other suggestion thats been thrown around which is quite good is the idea that we take 2 tabs and make them "shared" tabs. then take the other 3 tabs and make them private tabs that only the character you are on can access. this allows you 3 whole tabs entirely to that one character alone. its still technically 5 tabs and shouldnt make their servers explode...